Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
Directed by: John Waters
Starring: Divine, David Lochary, Mary Vivian Pearce, Mink Stole, Edith Massey

these Waters movies melt together in the brain after you've seen most of them, forming a vague picture of a singular experience which is known as "the john waters film." it is like if the Waters films are colorforms left in their box in a very hot car and they stick together becoming one colorform.

female trouble is better paced than desperate living and feels less aimless than pink flamingos. that is about the extent of worthwhile comparisons you can make between films such as these. if you are a fan of John Waters then you probably know what to expect here: lots of very good jokes and lines you can repeat to your friends (in this respect it is similar to caddyshack) there is also lots of loud swear words and nudity and characters who live pointless and violent lives immersed in filth (in this respect it is also similar to caddyshack)

what i am trying to say is that if you want to see one of these movies, you might as well see them all.

RATING: 3.99

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072979/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
As I mentioned in the Pink Flamingos thread, Female Trouble is my favorite Waters' film. It is better scripte, better shot, and I like Divine in this role a lot more than in Pink Flamingos.

Divine seems definitely more at ease, and she has some great quotable lines,

"I better get those loving cha-cha heels."

Pros: Divine, good script, good gags, not so many disgusting sight gags
Cons: 70 year old woman in a revealing outfit. Guh

I enjoyed it :)

4/5