Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinx_e
May 14, 2004
Directed by: Kerry Conran
Starring: Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie

Oh boy, where to start with this movie.

Well of course we are already in the middle the giant masterplan of destroying the planet earth, and Dr. Totenkopf or 'dead head' (babelfish) is sending giant robots all over the place.

So in best cartoony manner we call upon SKYCAPTN who offcourse comes to save the day.

This movie takes you over and below sea and into space and all that is even done without a single set ! Thats right, because Angelina Jolie had to be in this movie there were no money left to spend on sets and costumes, so the costumes they dug up from the 50's and everything else was made on a computer, even the cars !

Now this is supposed to be an adventure/sciencefiction/krimi but the mechanics used in this movie was not even seemingly possible and the laws of physics was broken and raped so many times (robot airplanes with WINGS!?) that Newton is turning in his grave.

One thing I must give credit to was the actors, their inability to make you belive in them and the shallowness of their characters made me laugh all through the movie. Gwyneth delivers the dumb blond character even though she tries not to, and the SKYCAPN himself is really a sissy who relies on Dex's (SKYCAPNs genious mecaninc) inventions to even make it through the movie.

Some of the meaningless characters who are not introduced or explained through the movie are; SKYCAPNs mongolian friend who we unfortunatley see half naked (ugh) Angelina Jolie offcourse (1 eye ?!) and several german scientists whose main purpose is to get electricuted or die in some other fashion.

I could keep on going but think I'll stop. There is no words to describe this movie as it represents a horrible mix of Hollywood cliches, bad acting, eye hurting effects rendered by a calculator and a story about a man called TOTENKOPF who has to destroy the world in order to save it ?!

0 out of 5.5 is given

RATING: 0

PROS: none ... Im not kidding NONE
CONS: Allmost everything.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346156/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math Rocker
Sep 21, 2003

by Ozma
Post your review in the 1st thread.

mrkillboy