Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Directed by: Chris Ver Wiel
Starring: Christian Slater, Tim Allen, Portia de Rossi, Richard Dreyfuss

I picked this gem up at a video renting place that was closing down last week, and I can tell you that it was already then horribly underrated, it was almost the only movie left except for a complete collection of "star Trek: Voyager", seems like no one wanted it.

The story-telling of this movie is similar to "Pulp fiction", it's got the same "shuffled" timeframe (starts at the end of the story and so on) and it's telling the story from different perspectives. It's still not making anything hard to understand with that kind of storytelling.

Worth to mention is that it's a Comedy/Thriller, so expect some cheesy villains with their clumsy henchmen and a lot of mix-ups and a really silly hitman.

As mentioned before, it's not overdone in any way, no freakishly huge budget for flashy explosions, just a cozy flick, all set for the home video audience.

As I said, it's horribly underrated, so don't judge it by the IMDb rating.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Interesting story, not overdone
CONS: Some annying characters

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246500/combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
This was a suprisingly good film. My personal opinion is that the terrible name didn't help it at all. Clever story that is well executed with decent acting. There are a lot of familiar faces.