Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Directed by: Mitch Rouse
Starring: Matt Dillon, Steve Zahn, Christina Applegate

I rented Employee of the Month on my employee account at Blockbuster, and it becomes available for rental on 1/4. I must say that I can't talk this movie up enough.

The basic plot the movie follows is thus:

David Walsh, played by Dillon, works at a bank. He is a normal guy who has just gotten engaged to marry his girlfriend played by Applegate. Aside from his fuckup best friend Jack, played by Zahn, showing up and causing trouble, the engagement party goes off without a hitch. The next morning, Walsh goes in for his quarterly review to find out that the bank owner/manager/whatever is firing him. He bottles up his anger and works the rest of the day. He calls his fiance and balks at telling her that he got the can, and schedules dinner with her parents later that night. He spends some time cooling his heels in a sauna with his friend Jack and his dentist, and shows up to dinner to find out that his fiance caught him cheating on her. The movie builds up from that point, including some absolutely loving hilarious monologues by Zahn, and a great ending.

At times the movie seems to move kind of slow, but it is all made up in the end.

Once again I highly reccommend this movie to anyone who isnt too offended by some really coarse language and rather graphic violence at points.

Apparently it premiered at sundance, but I'm not sure if it is direct to DVD or not.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Plot, Ending, Steve Zahn
CONS: Seemed kind of slow at points.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0362590/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marble
Aug 16, 2004
Ban count: 1
I gave this a 3, it was very slow in the beginning, but things picked up at the end, which really kicked rear end.