Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSalty
Aug 23, 2004
Confusing the fuck out of people since 1976
Directed by: Jim Fields & Michael Gramaglia
Starring: The Ramones and most of punk's heavy hitters.

My "new to R.I." British date (she's a RISD) student. Is, like me, a old school hardcore punk.
When I say old school I mean bands like The New York Dolls, Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, The Cramps, Television, Blondie, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, and last but not least The Ramones.

This movie does for the Ramones what Pissed: The Filth And The Fury, did for the Sex Pistols.

This Film, End Of The Century. Is not in the major theaters. It's doing the small independent theaters . It is a must see for anyone. Punk or not. It shows you how the Ramones started and the friction that takes place in a band that stayed "together" for 20+ years.

Sadly it ends with the deaths of Joey Ramone (limphnomatic (sp)cancer) and Dee Dee Ramone (heroin overdose)

The demise of Johnny Ramone would soon fallow after the completion of the film. (prostate cancer)

Short Version, This film will kick you in the rump even if all you did was listen to Kiss or Van Halen in the 70's or 80's..

This film is the real thing.

RATING: 5.5

PROS: The Best Documentary of one of punk's greatest bands
CONS: Very Limitied showing in very small Inde movie houses.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0368711/?fr...fc=2;ft=21;fm=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU