Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Directed by: David Lean
Starring: John Mills, Jean Simmons, Alec Guinness, Martita Hunt

Solid piece of storytelling with a lot of great supporting performances, my personal favorite being Francis Sullivan as Jaggers. Nice cinematography throughout as well. I still want to re-read the book to refresh my memory on all the stuff the movie left out (I'm pretty sure the book ends on a darker note), but the film was a satisfying (if not mind-blowing) experience.

RATING: 4

PROS: all-around good movie
CONS: not worth seeing more than once

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038574/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phunkybeatgirl
Mar 20, 2003
AznGamer and Crazy Newbie gave me this account, what studs they are!
I didn't care for the adaptation; would've preferred it to have been more loyal to the book