Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultramega OK
May 14, 2003

I'm a Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything.
Directed by: Fred Dekker
Starring: Robert John Burke, Rip Torn, Nancy Allen, CCH Pounder, Jill Hennessy

Like the first two, Robocop 3 takes place in Detroit. OCP has been bought out by a Japanese company, which is very upset that Delta City hasn't been built. The only thing standing between OCP and Delta City are the residents of the area. They refuse to leave the area, and after the police refuse to evict them, OCP enlists its own army of thugs and para-military types. After OCP murders his partner, Anne Lewis, Robocop is out for justice.

Well, there's a reason why this is in IMDB's bottom 100 list. The writing is sanitized and cliched. Look out, an evil jackbooted security force tearing down homes and executing the residents! It's an original plot, seriously!

This was rated PG-13, which means there's none of the dark humor, satire, and violence from the first two films. Instead, this is more of a family action flick designed to sell toys. Come on, arm cannons and jetpacks?

And while I know nothing of Robert John Burke's work, he simply can't hold up to Peter Weller as Robocop.

RATING: 1.5

PROS: Bixby Snyder (the I'd buy that for a dollar guy)
CONS: Horrible writing rife with cliches, action accessories like cannons and jetpacks, robotic ninjas

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107978/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU