Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kaf
Mar 20, 2005

This thread is dyn-o-mite!
Remember those crackpot ideas you had as a kid? The ones that now, after a bit of :pseudo:, makes you look back and say "what the gently caress was I thinking?"

You almost convinced the neighborhood kids you were right, though. Almost.

Now, MSpaint 'em! Mine:

EDIT: vvv - Explanation: I thought cats were the girls and dogs were the boys. (Y'know, of the same species.) I also thought Michael Jackson's Moonwalk was a magical power that allowed him to fly.

Kaf fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zylen
Mar 25, 2005

The third time, the exception becomes the rule
I have no clue what either of those are about :(

Ninja edit: You thought cats loved dogs and that MJ could fly?

Edit #2: ^^ Ooooooh, yeah. What the gently caress were you thinking?

Zylen fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 14, 2006

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dogs and cats love each other and something about Michael Jackson?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Zylen posted:

I have no clue what either of those are about :(

Cats & Dogs living together?

Moonwalker?

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...

Edit: Why would I think that the whole state had a team over the city with the same name.

High_Life fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 14, 2006

Ignavus
Oct 28, 2005

I don't know how to MS Paint this. There was a commercial for these He-Man toys when I was young. They had a spring in them so that when you twisted He-Man, his body would spin around making a "punching" gesture. In the commercial when this happened, the toy would knock down a wall that was like a foot away from it. I wanted that because I thought it was awesome to be able to punch things without being able to touch them.

Like a year and a half later I was being babysat at someone's house, and I saw one of those toys. It did not work. :(

Dynasty Penguin
Apr 9, 2005

by elpintogrande
Because girls always wore bras in my area I could never see there nipples through there shirts and as a kid for some reason I got the notion that girls had no nipples. NONE. Or areolas. WEEEE!
possibly :nws:
http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img383/2973/boobies6ik.gif

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I remember when I was around 3 or 4 I noticed that after it snowed, I went outside and the pond had frozen over. This led me to believe that ice was created by mixing water and snow.

Of course I then proved myself wrong after I tried it. It made nice slush though.

SombreroAgnew
Sep 22, 2004

unlimited rice pudding

I thought God was a bear. In a nightgown. That lived on the moon.

I don't know why.

Gibbons
Dec 8, 2005

life's little hurdles

I don't know what I was thinking...

Neko Sou
Jan 24, 2006
Scarved Wonder

Yeah, I used to imagine little people living in my radio that sang. I dunno how they sang all the various kinds of music, but they were the same people.

noonches
Dec 5, 2005

It represents my lifestyle and stratus as a street savy irreverent youth, who lives large, and yet hungers for the next level in life.

High_Life posted:

Edit: Why would I think that the whole state had a team over the city with the same name.

I live in DC, when I was a child, I thought the washington I lived in was in the pacific northwest. Those weather reports confused the hell out of me.

Colonel Panic
Jul 22, 2005

Kaf posted:

There's something horribly wrong with this picture. :gonk:

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.

My illogical childhood notion: I thought that women magically became pregnant when they got married.

Lilifer
Jan 20, 2006
adasjdhakjhd

When I was small I had relationships with everyone on TV, even Data from Star Trek. He used to visit me through the catflap but he stopped coming when we moved house.

homo for the holidays
Jan 6, 2006

Passive Agressive Faggot

TheRiffie posted:

My illogical childhood notion: I thought that women magically became pregnant when they got married.

I used to think this exact same thing, but i thought god made the baby appear some how.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

I didn't know what the gently caress.

EDIT: I just assumed there was nothing there, you know?

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 14, 2006

Lovecraftian Girl
Jul 15, 2005

I hope the cool kids quote me today!

Lilifer posted:

When I was small I had relationships with everyone on TV, even Data from Star Trek. He used to visit me through the catflap but he stopped coming when we moved house.

He stopped coming because he met ME and we got MARRIED.

I thought everything on Str Trek was real, and my dad encouraged this idea by telling me I didn't have to go to school next year, because he'd send me to Starfleet next year. Always next year...thanks for stringing me along dad...

Ignavus
Oct 28, 2005

Too vulgar for MSPaint: "Girls pee out of their butts."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I thought math worked this way for the longest time...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WhoopsNjingles
Apr 13, 2002

...Saucy.
When I was around seven and learning about the "birds, bees and menstrual periods" for the first time I somehow got the idea that women wore pads on the outside of their pants when they were on the rag.

I decided to test my cunning plan by prancing around the house with a huge pink Kotex pad stuck to the crotch of my jeans like some sort of puffy salmon colored canoe. Fortunately, Mom set me straight after she looked at me and said "What in the WORLD are you doing?". Good thing she did, or I think I'd be getting a lot of weird looks around the end of every month...

Lesbian Dentist #47
May 28, 2004

I thought babies came out of a woman's belly button.

Well, it's not totally far fetched. I also thought women bled out of their nipples during their period, but I didn't come to that conclusion on my own. Someone on the bus told me that.

A Deadly Virus
Sep 13, 2005

Cranial Kitten posted:

He stopped coming because he met ME and we got MARRIED.

I thought everything on Str Trek was real, and my dad encouraged this idea by telling me I didn't have to go to school next year, because he'd send me to Starfleet next year. Always next year...thanks for stringing me along dad...

Hahaha. I used to think that all the actors really lived on the set and during commercials they'd take coffee breaks or go to the bathroom.

Ignavus
Oct 28, 2005

Did anybody else think that the people who worked at stores and fast food joints lived there?

Queezey
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, he's always this happy...

Artificial intelligence was a tad over my head at age 5, I'll admit. But I could've sworn the data was going through that huge freaking power brick...

perpetua*
May 16, 2004

...I'm all out of bubblegum
Thunder was a big brown box in the sky that made that huge booming noise

(Yes, I suck at paint)

SailorBob
Nov 5, 2005

:D WE LOVE YOU!

Ignavus posted:

Did anybody else think that the people who worked at stores and fast food joints lived there?

Yes, because when I was very little, a girl I knew had an older brother who owned a pizza shop, and he lived in a tiny apartment above the shop. It was actually about 4 feet tall, and he had to always bend over to walk around. Since then, I figured all employees of those kinds of places lived in the establishments. I finally figured out they didn't when I was about 11 and my sister got a job at McDonalds, electing to sleep at home every night. :v:

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

High_Life posted:

I didn't know this until right now when I looked it up on Google to make sure you were right. Sometimes I'm dumb as hell.

purity control
Jan 2, 2005

i look better in real life. seriously.

TheRiffie posted:

I used to think something like that too. I used to think women automatically got pregnant at around 13 or so (or whenever this unnamed puberty-like phase happened, that I thought of) got married only to have a man help them raise their kid. It was weird thinking I wasn't related to my dad. I remember thinking as a kid, "When I'm 12 or 13, I'll ask Mom if I can have an operation so that doesn't happen to me."

Nil Desperandum!
Jan 28, 2006

Courage, I say! Courage, not goodness, is the great desideratum!

Adulthood sucks.

Eew Tofurkey
Feb 11, 2006

by Lowtax

Somehow I thought this was how you comforted people

Midnight Louise
Dec 14, 2005

always waitin' for someone / to ask for her hand

This isn't one of mine -- no ice cream trucks in my area -- but it's a frequent theme on http://iusedtobelieve.com/, an awesome compendium of these beliefs. Hee hee, crafty moms.

This is one of mine. I thought vans with metal luggage racks and ladders had a pool up on top.

Midnight Louise fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 14, 2006

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I thought the President of the United States lived on the West Coast... Lousy Washington... I didn't find out until last year.

I live in Canada! I don't know nothin'!

Do something! I'm grossly ineffectual!

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 14, 2006

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
I designed a very simple electromagnetic train with lego before I knew such a thing existed.

What do I win?

Eew Tofurkey
Feb 11, 2006

by Lowtax

hermand posted:

I designed a very simple electromagnetic train with lego before I knew such a thing existed.

What do I win?

-10 friends

JBandit
Jan 23, 2006
When I was young I thought college was a place in the desert where people read books. I swear to God.

Lesbian Dentist #47
May 28, 2004

Oh, yeah. I thought of another one.

I thought it was one big boob underneath. The nipples were still there, but there was no space between.

This isn't NWS, right?

KodiaK
Apr 1, 2003

Katherine posted:

This isn't NWS, right?

I dont know, but I'm masterbating furiously to it.

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queezey
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, he's always this happy...

JBandit posted:

When I was young I thought college was a place in the desert where people read books. I swear to God.

You weren't far off.