Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

regulargonzalez posted:

Asking for a friend, here is what he remembers:

Back in the long-long ago, my sister and I were flipping through channels and came across this horror movie about... I think the woman died, and in exchange for her returning to life, seven other people SHE KNOWS would die and come back from the dead to try to kill her. The scene we remember most is the woman walking through a deserted parking garage to her car. We see one of her young coworkers skateboarding around the parking garage, and we realize that he's an undead. He was killed earlier in the day in an accident and has returned to try and kill her.

That's the gist of what we remember. Does any of that ring a bell? I think near the end her boyfriend, or maybe her ex-husband/boyfriend dies; he's the last soul and she's safe after she fights him off. But I dunno. Movie is probably from the 80s.

I'm 100% sure that was From The Dead of Night, a TV miniseries with Lindsay Wagner.

Grave $avings posted:

So here's a long shot. I VAGUELY remember a sort of black-and-white claymation movie, it looked very old (from the '30s? '20's even?) and featured dancing alcohol bottles and various bar glasses. I remember one of them dancing until it broke.

Vague I know, but it's been rattling around my head for years without any kind of answer. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about here?

The Haunted Hotel? No breaking glasses that I remember but there's a stop-motion wine bottle that moves around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

moller posted:

On topic, I watched like 15 minutes of a film muted in a bar. It seemed to be a film about making a period piece film, there was lots of ehr, bushy nudity, and at one point a character takes a large bite out of a drinking glass, presumably made of sugar glass. Vague, but can anyone help?

Tristram Shandy?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Ok, I have one. It was an anime, but long before most people knew what anime was. I saw it as a little kid, so it absolutely couldn't have been anything made after 1990, probably pre-1985. I'm 99% sure it was a special or movie or something and not part of a series, definitely not Speed Racer or Macross.

Anyway, the scene I remember had the a female and male character, who were kids or young teens, sitting in a field of flowers, roses I think. The male character may have been a prince or other noble. Anyway, he picks up a flower and says it has a worm in it, and crushes it. Then he says "They all have worms!" or similar, and proceeds to start stomping the other flowers. The reason he flips out like this is because he was corrupted by some kind of dark magic or mind control spell or something like that.

Not a lot to go on, but anyone have any ideas?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

encarta420 posted:

So theres this loving weird movie I used to watch as a kid that had animation that looked like it had the derpy astroboy ascetic. It was some animu flick about a hamstar running away from home but I remember it being pretty gruesome. When I saw it there was no translation at all so I wonder if its still not in english but whatever it would be realll neat to have around when I'm really baked or something. Does anybody know what I'm talking about.

Probably Oruchuban Ebichu, which has a cutesy, almost Hello-Kittyish visual style but distictly Adult Swim type humour. It's also violent but cartoonish, with the hamster often getting bloodily squished but coming back intact in the next scene a la Kenny from South Park.

Not at all safe for work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LaNDv2nGg

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
This should be an easy one, as I think it was a fairly common movie, probably circa 80s or early 90s. It's some kind of buddy cop comedy or similar where the main characters go to one of their apartments and it's painted completely white (white pictures in white frames, white furniture, etc). I think the explanation is that the character found colours overstimulating.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Runcible Cat posted:

Isn't that the one where Dan Aykroyd has multiple personalities and the bad guys are trying to get hold of Hitler's sex tape?

eta: Loose Cannons?

Sure looks like it. Thanks!

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
This may or may not be a tough one:

All I'm 100% sure about is I was very young when I saw it, so probably pre-1987 or so, and at the very end a department store or mall blows up. I assume the store was the setting for most or all of the movie, but I'm not even sure of that much. Very possibly a TV movie. Might have been a thriller or light horror, but at that age I was too much of a wuss to watch a 'real' horror movie, so it isn't Chopping Mall or anything like that. I don't think it was a silly comedy either, but I'm not totally sure.

Not a lot to go on. What movies from 1970-1990 does a department store or mall blow up at the end?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

SkunkDuster posted:

I have part of a line of dialogue from a movie and I can't remember what the line is, or which movie it is from. I think it is something The Schofield Kid says in Unforgiven, but am not sure.

"I was just there, and I didn't see no goddamn [something]"

"I was just in there and I didn't see any goddamned pig."
from Leon the Professional

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Kevin DuBrow posted:

There was an 80's or 90's comedy about a smooth-talking Jewish con man, a Curly Howard-style lunkhead, and a British taxi driver. I remember it being called Brain Transplant or something of the sort, but I can't find it on Google.

Brain Donors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Donors

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

TrixRabbi posted:

So there was a Naziploitation film I heard about about a year or two ago and I can't figure out what it is. All I know is that it involved Nazis chasing down Jesus through modern city alleys. Anybody know what this is? Thanks!

The Tormentors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eruYAw_9wn8

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

firebad57 posted:

What say you?

The plot sounds a lot like the Margot Kidder movie Sisters, I don't remember a pool but it's been awhile.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Sarinnanashi posted:

I'm thinking of a young girls movie, with characters that are basically or are old school strawberry shortcake and friends. Somehow they get babies and have to protect them and at the end of the film their hair grows long and they sing some song about "what they want to be" when they grow up. It was really weird, even when I was a kid.

Strawberry Shortcake Meets The Berrykins

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Volume posted:

This movie was some time early to mid 90's. I want to say young girl (high school or college aged) starts dating a dude. There's a scene where they're on a date riding a roller coaster, she puts his hand between her legs out side of her shorts and kind of grinds on his hands.

Turns out the dude is no good though and she can't see it but her dad can. Dad tells the boyfriend to gently caress off and as the dad walks away the boyfriends hits himself in the chest repeatedly and tells the girl that her dad beat him up.

That's the Mark Wahlberg movie Fear. Understandable that you didn't remember the title, because that's the most generic and unmemorable title they could possibly have picked outside of just calling it Movie.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Probably the miniseries version of Tommyknockers.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Pippi Longstocking in the South Seas?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Davros1 posted:

This may have been part of an anthology TV series, or maybe it was a film. I'm not quite sure.

It's from the late 60's/early 70's, and it's in color. A group of college students are staying in a home with an old woman, and unbeknowst to the woman, they're running an experiment on her to see if they can drive her insane and/or get her to commit murder. They use trickery to get her to believe that she's seeing ghosts, and she's convinced (or believes that she's had a premonition?) that a young woman in the house is going to drown because of this spirit.

This one might be The Big Cube.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Armyman25 posted:

I remember seeing a movie in the 80's set in Central America. It was weird because it was set in the 1800s, but helicopters show up at the end of the movie. It was like the director was saying America's involvement with Central America then is the same as the involvement in the 80's. There was a Hispanic character who keeps getting his arm beaten up the whole movie and then gets it torn or cut off at the end.

Anyone?

Walker.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

DetoxP posted:

This is going to be ridiculously vague, I'm warning you. I haven't posted before because I assumed no one could get it from my terrible description, but here goes.

I saw this movie on an airplane. It was on the way to China and I know for sure it had subtitles so, of course, chances are pretty high it's Chinese. The same flight also showed Firewall, so this was around 2006 or 2007. And since it's on an airplane it can't be that rare of a movie.

I barely remember it though. There was something about a couple, but there was a pretty heavy emphasis on shoes, for some reason. I recall a scene where a guy is just staring at this huge pile of shoes in this sequence which I remember as being very surreal and dream-like. Also there was some kind of angel? God, this is vague. This has been torturing me for years, though.

Could it be Re-Cycle by the Pang brothers? A lot of the parts fit: Chinese, 2006, subtitles, surreal, dream-like, angel. I don't specifically remember a pile of shoes but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Grillburg posted:

Here's one I haven't been able to figure out for over 20 years, assuming it's real and not just a childhood nightmare.

This would have been a movie in the late 70s or early 80s, presumably horror. All I remember about it was a scene of somebody getting attacked, and then a picture of a statue, possibly of Jesus, toppled to the ground and shattered into a bunch of pieces.

(I thought I might have been incorrectly remembering the Exorcist III decapitation scene when I found that, but this was definitely not it, as it would have been around ten years prior to that movie's release.)

It's been a looong time, but I think I remember this scene happening in Alice Sweet Alice.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

OscarDiggs posted:

I didn't watch all of the movie, since I was busy at the time; I just watched about 10 minutes and noted down the title to watch later, which I then lost.

The scene that I remember most is three guys come out of a building to see a vehicle on fire; I think it was a car or truck. One of them says, “Aw man, they burned my ride” or something similar. I also remember the 3 'villains' called themselves the existentialists, dressed all in black and had really pale make-up on their faces. It was only a few months back when I saw it, but it was on TV so I don't know how long it's been out.

Probably The Big Lebowski.

The villains were actually nihilists, but that doesn't matter.

Starblind fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 20, 2013

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Mustached5thGrader posted:

This was something I saw on Cinemax or hbo as a kid. A family had a guest over and he was really menacing toward them. There was a scene where their teen son was in a hot tub and the guy got in and I think it was very heavily implied he rapes him?

Probably Teorema.

Dane posted:

They're looking for a scene with a young man packing his things to get ready for college

If cartoons are okay, that's a big part of the plot of Toy Story 3.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This is less a 'identify a movie' and more a 'identify an actor' but it's been bugging me all morning. I'm trying to remember the name of that old Southern actor who talks with a kind of unusual voice, almost like a loud...rasp, maybe. Not exactly like the whistle that Howard Morris used for Gopher, but not entirely unlike it. He was in a bunch of Westerns, I'm sure of it. It's not Andy Devine, nor Slim Pickens. Any ideas?

Gabby Hayes?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

The Big Lebowski posted:

I can't recall if the people were working against each other or not, but I think they were more or less working as a group. Sorry that I don't remember more.

Million Dollar Mystery.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

remusclaw posted:

When I was young, one night I watched a Ghost movie on television that I remember loving. I believe it was in black and white. I believe it was also a comedy. It may have been on whatever Turner Classic movies style station that was running in the early 90's

It involved a girl who was either a ghost or was cared for by ghosts. Her father at least was I believe a ghost. Her suitor was a boxer I believe. There was either a sword fight in a billiards room or a pool cue fight. The hero won a boxing match at the end of the movie with the help of the ghosts, there were what I seem to remember as negative scratches used to represent the ghost punching for the boxer. I believe he dies in a car crash at the end and joins the ghosts and his love.

Sounds like Here Comes Mr. Jordan, though I don't remember that one ending with a car crash. It's been awhile though.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

madpanda posted:

Ok so time period was around 1995, it was a tv movie played on chicago channel wciu. The film centered around a black family, possibly also from chicago, but they originally hailed from a town that I thought what named sweet clover or sweet water, and the grandmother was always talking about going back there.

It might have been one of those "see a family go through hardships but get stronger over the years" type of films, possibly with a christmas theme because thats when I remember it playing.

I tried searching for sweet clover/water already but couldn't find it.

That was A Dream for Christmas. Beah Richards (known for Guess Who's Coming to Dinner) played the grandmother, and Sweet Clover, Arkansas is apparently a real place.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Volume posted:

There was a movie with a bunch of pathetic slackers who's lives were going nowhere and they didn't seem to mind. One of them was really obsessed with the fact that the cheese stands alone.

Employee of the Month

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
edit: Nevermind, answered moments ago!

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

The Macaroni posted:

2) Late 80s to early 90s. In the first scene, there is a pair of young twin brothers (10 or so) at a drive in movie. One of the twins murders a couple in another car, then blames his brother for the crime. The innocent brother is institutionalized and then decades later the evil twin is able to commit more crimes and get away with it because nobody suspects him.

Blood Rage, from 1987.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

SkunkDuster posted:

What 70s/80s horror movie had the VHS box art of a three fingered lizard/alien hand like this? I was thinking something along the lines of "It's Alive" or maybe "Rosemary's Baby", but no matching images on google.

Almost certainly Amityville 3D.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

moths posted:

There was a woman sitting on a swing being raised out of hot wax, and then when she came out I think one of her eyelids fell off.

Possibly Tourist Trap? It's been awhile since I've seen it, but that would fit the year and general plot pretty well.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Capn Jobe posted:

-Said act consisted of a British-invasion style song, performed by a British (maybe Irish?) guy with an extremely shrill voice. He made a lot of "Hoo!" noises like Little Richard, and the main chorus contained the line "I'll tell you what I'm going to do". I think the reason this has stuck with me was that he had a double-necked guitar, which I had never seen before.

Not sure about the specific movie, but the music act might have been Davie Allan and The Arrows. Davie and his double-necked guitar were a familiar sight in low-budget movies of the late 60s, especially ones by American International Pictures, many of them biker gang flicks. Did this look like what you remember?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

The one scene I remember was some chick in a space suit running around in a cave with her tits hanging out. Like literally the space suit was made with holes cut out in the chest specifically so tits could flop out in the open. The chick ran over to some kind of alien larva/grub looking thing, picked it up, and started nursing it.

Possibly La Planete Sauvage, AKA Fantastic Planet. Definitely had the space suits with the cut-out boob section.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

bad-yeti posted:

1990's (I think) scifi horror, really low budget, about a robot that looked like it's face was a gold cathedral, goes around killing young women, there is a really blocky (crap) detective robot following it, it's truly dreadful.

Any ideas?

Exterminator City, which even sucked enough to get its own SA front page review:
http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/exterminator-city/1/

It's too bad their imagination apparently stopped at "the Terminator, but pointier", and their budget was more appropriate for a nice dinner out than a feature film, because a truly creepy robot would be an ideal horror villain. Something like the Working Joe androids from the recent Alien Isolation game, for example.

Starblind fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 31, 2015

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
What was the movie where the main villain was missing a hand (yeah, common villain problem) but instead of the usual hook or whatever he has a totally nonfunctional metal or wood hand with no moving parts? It was an action movie, may have been martial arts oriented, and I think the bad guy without the hand was military or a Nazi type? Neither old nor new (so most likely 80s or 90s?) and I think it was something I saw on mainstream US TV so I doubt it was anything incredibly obscure.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Thanks for the guesses. NObodyNOWHERE's suggestion of Dr No lead me indirectly to the movie I was thinking of, which was Shanghai Surprise. The character I was thinking of has porcelain hands and is probably intended as a Dr No reference. Now that I've watched it again it's weird how there are a bunch of small, specific things that never totally left my memory despite not seeing it in over 20 years at least.

Scary glass hands guy:

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

oldpainless posted:

Not sure if its a movie or show, but an old man makes a remark like "I've reached the age where I've got more dead friends than living ones" or "there's a certain point where you realize you know more dead people than alive people."

Thanks!

That's an old (like 1800s old) quote from Walter Besant, and some variant of it has showed up in all sorts of fiction to underline a character's oldness. I remember it showed up on the sitcom The Middle at one point, for example.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

C-Euro posted:

bearded Keanu Reeves

The Day the Earth Stood Still remake.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Are TV shows ok? I'm trying to remember the name of that show that was briefly on MTV in the 90s (probably early 90s) and the concept was very much like Youtube shows today: a teen just sitting in his bedroom talking about pop-culture stuff. It was very, very boring and didn't last long (kid had an annoying voice which didn't help) but in a sense it was before its time, basically Youtube 10+ years before Youtube.

It seems totally forgotten and hard to search for even knowing the network. MTV +bedroom brings up Cribs and Room Raiders, MTV +worst brings up mostly people pointing out how much Jersey Shore and Teen Mom suck. I guess there's a slight chance my mind is glitched and the show was on VH1 or Nick or something, but I really don't think so.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Definitely it, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Light Gun Man posted:

Was that the one where he like worshiped a VHS of Showgirls or something? I think it was on before or after Sifl & Olly or something because I recall watching it sometimes. I wanna say he had Jackie Chan on and felt the damage on his skull or something dumb like that too?

That sounds about right. There were definitely parts where it looked like someone told him he had to spend awhile talking about something even though he didn't have much to say. As I recall it aired pretty late, so that would match up.