Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ZeroTime posted:

It was a kids movie about a bunch of horses that were being forced out of their home and needed to be saved, can't remember what it was called.

Was it maybe Horse Sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ravenkult posted:

Looking for this movie I watched when I was a teenager: Late 80s, early 90s at most. Starts off in an apocalyptic wasteland. The protagonist dude either traveled in time to get there and got stranded, or started off there. Eventually he travels to our time, being chased by some bad guys for some reason. There's a firefight in an abandoned amusement part with a Ferris wheel.

This is a shot in the dark, but was it possibly Astroesque?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm looking for a clip of a guy, with glasses, sitting on a toilet. Suddenly, he starts leaking blood and eventually shits out a knife. Then, while his groin is still bleeding, he lifts up his shirt to show something in his stomach squirming, and he starts pulling an object that looks like an intestine out of his mouth. It looks like a super-cheap 80s or 90s horror movie, because the clip I've seen looks like a VHS rip.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Opopanax posted:

Videodrome

It's not Videodrome, it's something cheaper and more obscure.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DorianGravy posted:

That definitely looks like it! For whatever reason, though, I still only remember that opening scene. Still, JCVD and Lance Henriksen? I need to watch that again. Thanks!

It also has Wilford Brimley and was John Woo's first American movie. Definitely worth a rewatch.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Phanatic posted:

I don't think there's an upper limit on violence for a PG-13 rating. Just nudity and profanity.

There's an upper limit depending on the weaponry. The Lord of the Rings films feature multiple decapitations and even a shot of intestines getting ripped from a corpse, and that's PG-13. Meanwhile the Matrix has bloodless gunfights, and it got an R.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm looking for a film I studied once, a french film from the 80s or early 90s, about teenage criminals living in the inner city, notably a young couple who committed robberies of some kind together I think. They had a couple of friends too. They were all very close and had baths together. One of their robberies got out of hand and lead to some kind of rift in the group. Not much to go on I know but would like to see it again.

Killing Zoe?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I haven't seen it, but is it possibly Salem's Lot? I know it involves a figure in a window that scares the poo poo out of anyone who watches it, and it was a made-for-TV film by the director of Poltergeist.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LucyWanabe posted:

I'm trying to remember a rather dumb horror movie that I caught snippets of while channel-surfing. It was about a bunch of college kids going to a resort in South America. They run into some shady dude who offers to show them a ziggurat left by the Aztecs (or another ancient group like them). At some point somewhere one of the locals gives them the "You're DOOOOMED" speech. So they reach this ziggurat and it's overrun by vines, and it turns out these are special horror movie vines that attack people and make them crazy. Also I could swear the vines implant seeds or something in people and then start growing out of them and it rips them apart, but that might be a detail from another movie. Anyway, everyone that dies does so because everyone's a moron, and there's nobody to root for because they're a bunch of unlikable douchebags. Also at one point I think one of the local kids touches the ziggurat and his dad shoots him because he's doomed now.

IIRC it's a fairly recent film, too, if that'll help out any.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it so I did a quick Google; is it The Ruins (2008)?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I caught the end of this movie off my dad's VHS rip of Men In Black back in the 90s, and I want to say it was on Starz. A guy is standing in front of a crowd of people giving a big speech, and him pointing to people in the audience to talk about things they did together. He points to one man and says "remember when we used to use a magnifying glass to fry ants on the sidewalk?"

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Fifth Element

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I suddenly remembered a VHS tape I saw a couple years ago, it was a horror anthology (I think it was maybe French?) with a story about a murderous Santa, and a story about a kid hunting Dracula.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Retro Futurist posted:

It's not French but the 70s Tales From the Crypt movie opens with a murderous Santa and has some vampire like monsters in other stories

It's definitely not that, it was a no-budget DTV movie from the 80s or 90s.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Capn Jobe posted:

Some sort of 70s/80s scifi/fantasy movie. The scene I saw was of the storming of a castle that appeared to be located in the clouds. And at one point during this fight, a galley (as in, the type of boat, but this one's flying) shows up, and may turn the tide. I've been told this is Message from Space, but I've seen that and don't remember this scene.

Possibly Flash Gordon?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Zombified police run-ins could be Dead Heat, one of the Maniac Cops, or Return of the Living Dead.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Starcrash loving rules, it's the cheap Italian knockoff of Star Wars from the same man who directed Contamination, a cheap Italian knockoff of Alien.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

504 posted:

I saw the 2nd half of some slasher movie and was casually interested in the set up, name it so I can google the basics.

This girl is packing stuff up and she hears another guy and girl screaming, we cut to them and its a (guy in a suit) monster killing them both. She then grabs a cat in a carry case and escapes to a space ship/shuttle, then she finds another of the monsters on the ship.

This is Alien, one of the best horror movies ever made. Run, don't walk, to see it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Frailty owns

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ladron posted:

The best movie no one's ever seen

It's a shame Bill Paxton didn't direct more movies, Frailty showed a real talent behind the camera.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

A film, possibly made for TV. Possibly Australian. Takes place in a rural area, possibly on a farm. The mother in the family, or some sort of maternal figure could've been an aunt or just a guardian, sawed into her thigh and attempted to bind the wound herself. The car was broken down and people would chant "There is juice inside the gas/There is juice inside the gas" etc..

Any ideas?

One hell of a long shot, but possibly one of the Children of the Corn movies?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

neoaxd posted:

One of the movies has a scene with what I remember to be a bunch of well-dressed rich-looking people riding a of roller coaster in some sort of dungeon environment. the coaster was designed to kill them, and I remember spinning blades or spikes. I think this _may_ have been a horror-comedy?

Is it the evergreen Identify A Movie For Me Thread classic, NOTHING BUT TROUBLE?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

safe harbor posted:

The owner is an older man who gets some kind of cloth bag put over his head and the villain stabs the man in the face repeatedly.

This is gonna bug me because I know I've seen this image, but cannot place it for the life of me.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Macaroni posted:

One of the 80s/90s "Living Dead" franchise films, I think. One of the guys gets bitten, and eventually turns into a zombie. He's still able to speak, and he begs his (still human) girlfriend to let him eat her brains.

Edit: Found it, Night of the Living Dead II.

Do you mean Return of the Living Dead? That happens near the end of the movie.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The really weird thing is that Return of the Living Dead does position itself as a sequel to Night of the Living Dead, but in a world where both the events of NotLD happened and the movie NotLD exists.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Parachute posted:

i mean lets just come out and say it; ROTLD is the best zombie movie ever

You won’t hear any argument from me, it’s the only zombie movie I know of that specifically declares that when you’re watching it, it’s partytime.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Pete Postlethwaite is also a mangy lookin dude

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Last night I suddenly remembered a movie scene from my childhood. It’s a kid’s movie, with talking animals. A dog working at the airport talks about his job, and how he gets a special treat if he alerts the humans, asks if another animal wants to find out, and starts barking a lot. The main character(s) are interrogated about something, and the final shot of the scene is the dog eating some ultra wet food. It might be Babe: Pig in the City, but I’m not sure.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s exactly what movie it is

Sweet, thanks!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Macaroni posted:

Two movies, both late 80s or early 90s:

1) In a scene close to the end, a political candidate at a rally is threatened by a man with a gun. The candidate grabs a kid to use as a human shield, and the clip plays all over the news, ending his career, so he commits suicide.

The Dead Zone! Based off a Stephen King novel, directed by David Cronenberg, and starring Cristopher Walken! It’s really good!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Wishmaster involves a statue and, specifically, a jewel, and Timeline is about traveling about to Medieval Europe, of this helps the OP.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Winterbeast is cool if you like no-budget horror movies made over the course of 6 years by a guy who did puppet work for Dokken’s “Burning Like a Flame” video.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Aside from appreciating stop-motion animation in general, I also just want to see how utterly terrible the rest of the film gets. I mean a guy visibly forcing himself to roll down a hill for almost 10 seconds while making stupid noises in the name of "acting" is unintentional comedy gold in bad movies.

It was shot on two different film formats, and because it took so long to shoot it has the Samurai Cop-like effect of making the lead character’s facial hair visibly change from shot to shot, and there’s some genuinely weird poo poo in it. It’s not bad!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
This one’s been bugging me for a couple weeks now, I saw it back in Catholic high school (weird decision), and the main things I remember are; a kid nearly drowning early in the movie and the same kid actually drowning at the end of the movie; a kid suspended from a harness throwing up in the middle of a school play; the main character’s biological father, who has been absent his entire life, turns out to be his priest in a third-act twist.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Trevor Hale posted:

Simon Birch. You forgot “Simon is put in to his first little league game and swings and hits a foul ball that kills his best friend’s mother”

That this is all less batshit crazy than the short story its based on blows my mind every day.

Holy poo poo the boy whose dad is a priest is Tim from Jurassic Park? And the mom is Ashley Judd? The gently caress?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel like this one's really obvious, I'm just totally blanking on the specifics - an actor's the protagonist in a movie within the movie and the lines are blurring between what's real and what's acting to him. Like, he has an affair or something and there's a tearful confession to his girlfriend/wife that gets interrupted by a "CUT!" and everyone walks off while he's reeling from it.

Possibly Synechdoche, New York? It’s not a movie within a movie but it’s about a play within a play.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

To add to "fog and creepiness in videogames were inspired by other works" Half-Life was directly inspired by Stephen King's The Mist.

Never heard this before but, y’know what, it makes perfect sense.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Trevor Hale posted:

He does, yeah. Trying to remember how he convinced Leela to go out with him when they had their memory wiped

I think it was specifically him trying to figure out what he did during a time skip in Time Keeps On Slippin.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Hard Target aka The Movie Where Van Damme Punches A Snake

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CzarChasm posted:

Looking for a movie i did not see, so descrption is all based on trailers. Movie came out some time in the last 5 years I want to say. Most of the movie takes place in a warehouse where a gun/drug deal is happening. Looks like someone trying to make a Tarantino esqe movie.

Ben Wheatley’s Free Fire?

Edit: drat, shoulda checked the next page first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The last part sounds like John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness, but nothing else does.