Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

A Lamer posted:

I'm hoping someone is old enough to remember this or has seen it somewhere.

The movie starts out in the future with a prisoner escaping, and taking a collection of armbands with him to present day (80s? 90s?) america. Whenever the prisoner is killed, the armbands revive him highlander style, complete with regenerating head gibs. The prisoner spends his time either avenging or finding his wife. There's a scene where he tries stealing a cop car. In it, one of the two officers fires a warning shot from behind at him. He "misses" and blows the prisoners brains all over the car. There may or may not be another person (villain) with these magic armbands.

That's as much as I remember of it. I watched it when I was like 10-13 on the scifi channel. That would put it around 1997-2000 range. I can't say it was particularly good but I'd like to see it again for nostalgic purposes if it still exists in some form.

Sounds like Last Lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Fire Storm posted:

I was reminded of a movie I saw years ago last night and can't figure out what it could be.

I think the title is the name of the main character. The movie starts out with the main character (female, I believe she wears glasses, musical instrument player, likes making Rube Goldberg-type inventions) yelling in a closed bedroom because she just found out she is adopted. To prevent her parents from coming in, she rigged a shotgun to go off when someone opened the door.

The movie I think was centered around her finding her biological parents along with her best male friend who was probably a romantic interest. She ends up finding her biological parents, and they are both music players too. I think she just stares at them from the bushes outside of their house and doesn't actually meet them.

I think it was made in the early 90's, but it might be late 80's instead.

Samantha

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Nashie 0 posted:

This one might be a bit difficult because it was a movie that played as part of a pop-up ad for a horror movie website (Can't remember the name of that either.) (Don't ask, I have no idea why I watched the whole thing.) Given the quality I'd say it was probably a student film or at the very least an extremely obscure B-movie.

It's a horror movie about 2 guys and 2 girls in college/university. The two girls get kicked out of their wiccan club so they decide to follow up on a rumour they hear about downloading a demon from the internet. They do so and slowly realise the demon has possessed one of their friends. Over the course of the movie the demon moves from person to person until they finally exorcise it. I seem to remember that one of the guys is running for class president but everything goes wrong because he's possessed too.

I actually remember quite a bit about the plot, just not the name. Plus googling anything along the lines of 'download demon movie' just turns up a bunch of file-sharing websites. Also, its a student film/B-movie that played on a pop-up ad so I don't hold out much hope but if anyone knows what I'm talking about it'd be you guys.

So, You've Downloaded a Demon?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Spug posted:

I'm looking for a movie that I think was named something like "Last Days on Earth", and the DVD cover has a horizon with a huge Saturn-like planet rising (and maybe a bald dude in a suit standing on a shore). I thought this would be enough to google it, but apparently not.

The movie is post-apocalyptic – all humans in the world suddenly disappear/die in an instant, except for the people who actually died just in that instant. The main character is a bald dude who commited suicide just then. He rounds up a few other survivors and finds out why all the humans died and somehow he was involved in it (he's a scientist or something).

The Quiet Earth.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Also if anyone can help me out with this, I posted it in the thread like two years ago and I'm still wondering about it. It wasn't even good!

Additionally, it ends up they both got killed right after leaving the diner and perpetually going to find the money in the mausoleum and seeing his girlfriend die and then dying to the murderer who was his sister or something over and over again is his version of hell. After he dies, he wakes back up on the truck, about to be rescued by his girlfriend again

This one is Hide.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Tenterhooks posted:

I'm sure I asked about this movie here years ago, didn't write down the correct answer then stupidly forgot it again. I remember watching it on the TV, probably in the late 90s (I'm guessing the movie was from the early-mid 90s and maybe had a made-for-tv look to it).

It's about a man who thinks he saw his doppelgänger, he tells his wife and she dismisses it. He sees him several more times and is convinced something weird is afoot. Eventually, he befriends the other man and they try to work out what's going on (think they were two of many clones or something). Somewhere along the line it becomes clear that the doppelgänger is bad news. The film concludes with a fight in which each man tries to convince the wife that he's 'the real one', ending with one dying. The final shot / twist shows the surviving man - who the wife is satisfied is her husband - flipping a coin over his knuckles (a bit of characterisation that was earlier used to establish the 'bad' doppelgänger). Spooky.

I might be a bit off with some of the details but I'm pretty confident I've got the ending correct.

Could be Natural Selection.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

wheatpuppy posted:

I'm looking for a (bad) movie for a Thanksgiving marathon. I saw this maybe 20 years ago when my high school buddy picked it up at the video store. It's Thanksgiving-themed, featuring 17th-century-ish Pilgrims, and at least one of the women was a witch. There's a guy who gets hexed by the witch into falling in love with a turkey, possibly in revenge for an accusation of witchcraft. He sees the turkey as having the torso of a beautiful naked woman on top of turkey legs. He awkwardly tries to seduce it and then has sex with it, and the next scene has him and the turkey in bed and the turkey is smoking a cigarette.

When I google for terms like "Pilgrim" "turkey" "boobs" I keep getting Thankskilling but as far as I can tell that's not right (although it's also on my list of bad Thanksgiving movies for the marathon). I think the turkey bit was actually pretty short but it's the only thing I remember except that the movie was bad and I felt slightly ashamed for having watched it.

Love at Stake?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

VTNewb posted:

Looking for a movie I watched on Netflix instant watch last year.

It was a german movie where a man woke up on an empty bus driving into the middle of nowhere. He is dropped off at a stop where a man brings him to suburbia, he is given a job and an apartment. Life happens, and it's not so very sweet. He eventually becomes suspicious this whole world is some sort of purgatory and tries to escape. He tries to commit suicide multiple times but he cannot die.

In the basement of an apartment building he finds a little hole in a wall where he can hear enchanting music, and starts tunneling through to find the source. He is caught and exiled.

If you watched it on Netflix, it would be listed in your history.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

wheatpuppy posted:

None of the reviews really sound familiar (Joyce Brothers testifying at the witchcraft trial? :psyduck: You'd think I would remember that!) But there's the guy loving a chicken so it's gotta be the one. Thanks!

You're welcome I guess

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kitchen Stories

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

codyclarke posted:

This might be a tough one or a really easy one. It's on the tip of my tongue. There's some movie or TV show where a character talks about once doing a character in a play with limp (obviously a nod to people doing Richard III with a limp). It's a character in a play that wouldn't necessarily need a limp whatsoever. I wanna say the line is from a Christopher Guest movie, but I don't think it is.

Maybe Melinda and Melinda?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Tom Yum posted:

2. This is an extremely vague memory since I think I watched this in preschool sometime in the early 90s, but I'm pretty sure it was some kind of animated Jungle Book spinoff or sequel; I wanna say it's Disney but their Jungle Book sequel came out far later than would fit the time frame.
The only thing I remember is Mowgli getting trapped in some kind of creepy cave and seeing a thin ray of light in the wall, but with a bunch of cobras between him and it. That's about it.

Maybe Adventures of Mowgli?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Gyre posted:

Some sort of murder mystery, probably a spoof, taking place at a fancy (British?) dinner party. At one point, a man notices that he's seated across his wife, in violation of seating etiquette. He points it out in that "outsmarting the criminal" way and they both stand up right before knives? get embedded into their chairs.

Murder by Death

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

TTBF posted:

This one's been bugging me lately. I'm not so much interested in watching the film as trying to figure out what the gently caress it was about and what direction it was taken in. I saw it in the early 90s on TV (may have been HBO) but it may have been an 80s movie.

A bunch of boys (pre-teens or early teens) decide they want to see a woman naked so they save up all their money and hire a prostitute. They try and pay her using a jar of coins and single dollar bills, and also all want to be there at once. I think one of the boys befriends the prostitute and she's an actual main character in the movie, with the naked woman thing not just being a subplot. I may be wrong about that though.

Milk Money

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Detective Thompson posted:

Also, and I don't remember which episode it is, but there's a scene that's post-credits in an episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry and Kramer are on a bus, heading home. I think Kramer gets a nosebleed, or else is just feeling sick or something, and he looks over at Jerry and bemoans the shape he's in. Then he rests his head on Jerry's shoulder while some kinda dramatic music plays. I assume this is referencing some movie, but I can't place it. And I don't remember anything else about the episode, so I can't look it up. Anyone know what I'm talking about/what movie they were referencing?

The episode was titled The Mom and Pop Store, and the scene was spoofing Midnight Cowboy.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

That would be Invaders from Mars.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Tomcats

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Volume posted:

3) another horror movie. One of those "Dracula 2000" movies. but it's not Dracula 2000. I checked. College kids get Dracula's body. bring him back to life and poo poo hits the fan.

I remember some rich dude was going to pay them for the body and one of his lines was "You can call me the money" or something like that. When Dracula gets free some one tries to stall him by throwing rice at him. Apparently vampires have to count stuff. Also I think there was a kung-fu monk as well.

Pretty sure that's Dracula II: Ascension, the sequel to Dracula 2000.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Slim Killington posted:

I'm looking for 70s-80s era movies with night-time explosions. Preferably, a house exploding. Think Lethal Weapon house explosion, only not in the middle of the day.

So far all I can think of are The Thing and First Blood, neither of which are houses, but they'll work in a pinch. Any ideas?

vvv Yeah 90s is cool too.

This clip from Phantasm II has a night-time house explosion at around the 04:20 mark.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Everblight posted:

Back when USA Up All Night showed super-softcore skin flick/comedies, one of them was about a team of girls competing in a contest to save the [school/orphanage/beach], in a game show called "Bikini Showdown" (movie was not named Bikini Showdown). I remember it because it had an utterly bizarre POV sex scene from the woman's POV that was played for laughs.

If it helps, this was the Rhonda Schear years, not the Gilbert Gottfried years.

Wild Malibu Weekend

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I just googled for game show "bikini showdown"

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So I watched part of this movie on FEARNet a very long while ago. All I remember was that it was found-footage and the first 15 minutes at least were a county sheriff's dash cam as he drove around and things slowly went to poo poo over the radio. I got sidetracked right as he actually ran into something interesting and never came back to it, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it may have been zombies?

It was atmospheric as hell and actually pretty effective, and I say that as someone who usually isn't fond of found footage. Does anyone know what it might have been?

Sounds like Infection

Aintain posted:

The other was about a bunch of people who woke up in a warehourse/storehouse of some kind and it was your typical, "we don't know who to trust, it could be anybody in this room" plot, one guy was shackled to an unmovable item in the warehouse, they had to secure the key.. the ending had a bunch of cops and a dirty empty pit outside. There was some big twist too.

Maybe Unknown?

ProfessorMurder fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 31, 2014

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Grave Centipede posted:

Movie where a kids the devil and i think a picture is taken of him in a barn? Mother develops the photo and see demon eyes on or near the kid. 70 or 80's?

Sounds like Something Evil.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Bippie Mishap posted:

I rented a movie on VHS from a library in Alameda Co CA. The movie was about a trip to the center of the earth via the North Pole and it involved old footage of polar explorations. It started out with a person interviewing a survivior of the expedition. The interviewer rode his bike to the interview.

There was a lot of old footage along with the dialog. It involved the killing of a polar bear off the ship. Two people walked into a red horizon in the end. The title from what I remember was Journey to the Center of the Earth. I think it was a foreign broadcast and it was one of the first fake documentaries.

The Forbidden Quest

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Popcorn posted:

The folk myth of the boiling frog (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog):

"The boiling frog story is a widespread anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death."

This has been mentioned in some movie or TV show, but I can't remember what. The Wikipedia article mentions Dante's Peak, An Inconvenient Truth and The Story of B, but I'm not thinking of any of those. Anyone recognise it?

Bob Roberts?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Captain_Indigo posted:

I think this was a movie, may have been a TV thing. Fairly sure it was a movie.

It was on television in the early-mid 90s in UK. All I remember was that the main couple had recently moved house. The wife begins getting on with an interesting handsome neighbor and the husband gets jealous. Other stuff happens. Eventually the neighbor attempts to kill the husband, then disguises himself so well as the husband that the wife doesn't notice. Fortunately the husband survives the attack (which I think involved a car crash of some kind?) and returns and the two of them fight. One of the identical men throws the other off a roof and through a greenhouse, then convinces the wife he is the real husband by telling her all this intimate romantic stuff. The last shot is the husband twisting a coin over his fingers the way surgeons do to train their hands - a habit the neighbor had.

Anyone got any idea?

I think that's Natural Selection (AKA Dark Reflection)

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

1.) A cheerleader from the 50s or 60s comes back from the dead as a ghost to help her boyfriend with something, and the only thing I remember was that their song was Baby, I'm Yours by Barbara Lewis. I think he drove off in an old convertible after visiting her grave, and the song starts playing on the radio after it was requested by her as one last ghostly thing at the end of the movie. Had to have been from the 80s, no later than the early 90s.

The Midnight Hour

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kill List

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

wa27 posted:

Today my dad was describing one of the earliest movies he remembers seeing as a kid. He said it was called "Walk Home Slow" or "Slow Walk Home", something like that. It featured a hunchback and a donkey, and maybe a third person, walking across the desert. The hunchback would sleep alongside the donkey, and at one point kills it and eats it. I think they were walking back from a bank heist or something?

My dad was born in 1949 and the movie was black and white. He hasn't seen it since he was a small child and said "it probably doesn't exist anymore", so I told him I would look for it. Some of the details could be way off.

Sounds like Run Home, Slow but it's from 1965 so your dad would have been a teenager.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

1 800 J JAMES posted:

When I was very young, every Sunday night a recent prime minister of New Zealand would dress up like Dracula to introduce old horror movies on the TV. One I've always wanted to see again was an old black and white horror about a guy who develops technology for any material to pass through any other. He uses it on himself and can reach through jewellery store windows to steal necklaces for his girlfriend. The curse of it is the any living person he touches ages like fifty years. Any ideas?

4D Man

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Daler Mehndi posted:

There was a movie I watched at a drive-in in the 80s. It took place mainly inside and around a family's home, which I think may have been a ranch in the countryside. It was mainly about the family encountering strange phenomenon, such as tiny spaceships flying around and exploring their house, or monsters lurking around the ranch who eventually fight each other.

Maybe The Day Time Ended?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Morn posted:

Watched: probably 2011
Genre: not sure.
Station: Maybe that antenna TV channel.

What I remember:

Black & white film from 1940s era about a guy who has some terminal illness. He has a girlfriend or something and he gets stalked by some guy. I think he is forced to visit some secret underground lair for a secret society. The leader of the society looked a little like Boris Karloff or I just thought he did. Anyway the leader informs the protagonist that the society knows of his terminal illness and pending death from said illness. They want to buy the protagonist's head when he dies.

It turns out the society's founder died a long time ago and they have his body on display, but the head deteriorated and the protagonist just happens to be his double. They want to use his head to replace the founders.

The film had the feel of a noir.

I Love a Mystery

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Detective Thompson posted:

There's a line running through my head, and it's from something I've seen more than once, but can't place it right now. It goes something like "It's so choice. I highly recommend it if you can afford it." or something to that effect.

Could be Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

e: ignore this

ProfessorMurder fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 19, 2015

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Kulkasha posted:

Sci-Fi horror movie from 70s to the 90s? - plot was pollution/radioactive waste/something causes a bear to mutate; giant melty bear then relentlessly chases the protagonists through a forest, and does the walk-directly-through-a-lake thing to get after them. Wanna say that I saw it on old SciFi channel.

Sounds like Prophecy.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I'm remembering some scene from something. One of the characters is telling a story to another. They said that their mother would always work late and could never be around because they had to support them. One night as a kid the mother comes home early to actually spend some time with her kid, but the kid pretends to be asleep when the mother comes in. The mother stays there a little while clearly disappointed, but they keep pretending to be asleep. The character then says something along the lines of "I don't know why I did that" in a regretful tone. It's been on the edge of my mind but I can't remember anything about the characters just the story.

Saving Private Ryan

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Polka_Rapper posted:

I think there was an older movie identification thread in GBS or something that I posted in years ago looking for a bad movie. It was answered, but I can't find the thread and I don't remember the movie name. Finding either one would work, so here are the details of the movie that I can recall.

It's a late 80s/90s western martial arts film about a pair of undercover cops (one with long hair and one with short hair) infiltrating an illegal underground fighting ring. There are weapons mounted to the walls of the arena and locked in place. The fights are being rigged by having one set of weapons remaining locked. One of the scenes (and this was also in the trailer I was linked) has a fighter trying to pull his weapons off the wall only to die by having a kama thrown into his back. Partway through, the long haired cop dies.

I think I was the one that answered this for you before. It's Firepower (1993).

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

CountryFriedSnake posted:

So there's a farm where a family has some sort of inbred tied up in their barn and some of the family torture said inbred and eventually the inbred is set free and kills all of the family except for one and together they run off.

I don't know, my Google powers aren't working. It's a movie I saw on BG this spring. I appreciate the help.

Maybe The Woman?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

computer parts posted:

A Hannah-Barbera style animation about a guy explaining how he got to Heaven. Lots of puns, the last thing was about how he "died laughing".

This is a Tex Avery cartoon "Symphony in Slang" Here it is on Vimeo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

DutchDupe posted:

I'm looking for a movie from the 80s or 70s, a really cheap film that takes place in a movie theater.

It's about these aliens that have giant green bug heads and their leader who is a tiny brain with a single eye who hijack the project booth and just continuously play a stream of bad, black and white B horror flicks to distract the audience while they bring out pods to put behind them in order to transform them into one of their race, basically part parody of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The audience is filled with stupid, fat, annoying people. A girl and a boy are the protagonists who sneak into the theater and for a good portion of the film they are trying to escape the valet who caught them, only he gets caught by the aliens and turned into one of them. I remember there is a scene that parodies war of the worlds where one of the aliens elongates its eye through a keyhole to search for the kids in a storage room but it gets distracted by a pinup model.

In the climax of the film the projector goes nuts and just rapidly starts shifting through all these horror flicks and its fast paced and interspersed with the stupid, open-mouthed faces of the audience like they are hypnotized.

It was a weird movie.

This sounds like Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here