Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Now Sig is going to fire him on top of it just to toughen him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Man, both Jakes losing their dads in the same year.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gummy Joe posted:

Remember how they were all signing that contract at the beginning of the episode? It covers all of that.

That was pretty intense though. I don't recall it being nearly that violent in previous season.

I would totally do this show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MadScientistWorking posted:

Flour bombs are piddly? Dust bombs have actually killed people. Also, you would have to be a loving idiot to try and improvise a shotgun.

A failed improvised shotgun is just a successful improvised pipe bomb. Its Armageddon man, lets at least try to look on the bright side.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No it isn't even close.

Also, you would have to be a loving idiot to try and improvise a shotgun.

A tube, a nail, and a hammer can improvise a shotgun. As long as the tube isn't aimed towards your face most likely the worst you will come away with is mild/moderate burns and a bigger set of balls.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jake's a gently caress up. And not a high functioning gently caress up like other fisherman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hazo posted:

I'm going to answer students' questions about Megalodon for years aren't I

Just save yourself the trouble and tell them they still exist. And that bigfoots ride them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Geekslinger posted:

Seemed to be manufactured drama to me. Doesn't mater how much of a career boost it might be you don't loving leave your wife in the middle of labor or even a week after the baby is born.

Pro athletes, soldiers, ER doctors, etc have to do that poo poo all the time. Jobs a job. Not saying it's not manufactured in this case, but a lot of people can't leave their job, or maybe even can't afford to miss work to be there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

Why don't they just vape? Healthier(debatable depending on who you ask I guess) and less overhead.

Then they'd have like a vat of vape juice or what ever it's called sloshing around.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

IRQ posted:

Not the Cornelia Marie kid, the other one, the one whose dad disappeared and then his sister died.

Oh, Jake No Luck.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Probably better luck with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfCFeO_KM5I

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bleh Maestro posted:

Is Naked and Afraid fake or are the people on it just loving nuts?

From my googling it sounds like it's real?

They're all survivalists or hippies so they are totally nuts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sig's daughter and Jake are gonna get married!!!!!!!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Combining both Alaska and gold in a Discovery Channel mashup! If they can add voodoo sharks somehow we'll be all set!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So how let down do you think Discovery is that through all these seasons they haven't had a single death on a boat on camera?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

smg77 posted:

I don't remember...did they have a camera crew on board when Phil Harris had his stroke?

WHen he had a blood clot run through his body they did. Think he went straight to the hospital and that's when he died though. I remember the crew told the camera crew something like, "I'm not loving around, if he looks bad you come get us cause he won't say he's sick."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Protip posted:

I also recall a season when the Time Bandit was close to another boat where a guy was working the side of the stack if pots, hanging off the edge of the boat, and a wave came up and he fell into the water. The Time Bandit rushed over and pulled the guy out of the water basically saving his life. They did catch that on camera.

And that may have been one of the best "reality tv" moments ever. Totally not planned, totally caught everyone's adrenalin dump afterwards on camera, and a bunch of fisherman rallying around each other because it could have been any of them. I really like that episode and the follow up they did with him afterwards.

• Locked thread