Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I just gave up on the fire event. It stopped being fun for me and I usually end up dying with my moxie class. Am I doing it wrong? On the other hand, the potion item is making finishing my hardcore Bugbear run much easier.

Also, I applied for the clan. My username is Dante87336.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I actually am liking the year long familiars. Depending on what sorts of adventures Angry Jung Man has, I might get that one first. Spleen source for adventures sounds good too.

Speaking of mental trauma, I broke my completionist habit with this year's Crimbo. After the crazy requirements, I just went "eh", and just got what I wanted and sold the surplus parts. I would try to get as many of the items as I can but I would just get stuff that makes ascension and aftercore easier.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
By the way, is there any after core guide available. Like, "what do you do after the Naughty Sorceress and not get flattened into a fine paste?" I'm curious what the process is like to adventure safely in a clan dungeon or in the Sea.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Jiggle Staff of the Staff of Life and pray.

Alternatively, trade in some quarters for some gauze garters/filthy poultice.

Someone probably has a better way. This worked for me.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Hey guys. I said in chat yesterday that when I had the Teleportitis effect that it teleported me into Dreadsylvania. I sent a bug report and they responded.

quote:

I heard from Jick today that Teleportitis can totally take you into DV. That's by design.

Bear that in mind if you want to use the effect.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Anyone got a readout if what these skills consist of? What do they do. I searched the wiki but no luck yet.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Zelmel posted:

I finally got to Dad today, and man does Mafia make beating him trivial if you spend the small amount of meat to get all the Hobopolis spells (assuming you don't have them from Hobopolis runs). Too bad the price of star spawn is low enough that it probably doesn't balance out the costs of going through the Sea, or I'd do it again in my next few runs.

I didn't know that you can get them from the mall. You are my favorite person today.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Do we have any idea when the instance for Dreadsylvania ends? Like does the uberboss has to be killed in order to complete the clan dungeon? Or through some other method?

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I am tempted to gamble my way to pumpkin seeds but my benign gambling addiction would probably surface again and next thing I know I'd that I now have to sell myself as a buff bot to get myself out of debt.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

sfwarlock posted:

I'm kind of leery of the class revamps. I should ask if we'll get Karma back and rebuy the skills or if, if you had the level 11 SR skill before, you'll get the level 11 SR skill back.

Same. But I also think it depends on what is being revamped. If things are being balanced out or if some specifications (like you need an accordion to use AT skills) are changing, it may be fine. if these are new skills entirely, then they need to consider how we can deselect some skills.

I'm not too broken up about it really. I bought the elemental resistance skills because of the Daily Dungeon and I keep getting fried by the elemental traps in the revamped version. That said, I am probably doing something wrong.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

New event! A portal has opened up in the woods.

You get enemies that are easy to dispatch but then hit you with an attack that takes off all your HP. You also fight about 12 of them today. I assume they will grow stronger every day. Also, I hit them with everything except moxie skills and the effect still activated.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

So just to be clear, is it possible to fight more than 11 if you have high enough stench resistance? There seem to be conflicting reports and I'd rather know before I blow thousands of meat maximising it...

I'm level 16 and only 2 stench resistance. The battle is considered done and the damage is calculated afterwards. Even, beaten up and with + 15 monster level, I can still one shot them.

And now I know why I get hit for all the HP. Ugh.

edit: Nope, even maximizing stench, from what I have seen, you only fight them 11 times.

Also, a portal opened up in the mountains and at the beach, each of them aligned to cold and fire damage respectively. The cold seals look like actual seals this time. Also, this event is done this weekend.

Dante Logos fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 26, 2013

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I pretty much got what I wanted. Now it is a matter of trying to get either a familiar or a black box (I know, but fingers crossed) and selling off the rest.

That said, holy crap, are the new clothing robots terrible. You need a bunch to get anything remotely workable.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
By the by, if anyone needs a die cast set to get the trophy, I can loan then out as soon as I'm out of Hardcore. I want to see who wants to borrow them.

edit:oops. My in-game account is Dante87336

Dante Logos fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 10, 2014

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
For those of you that missed the skill book, I have two that I'm giving away. I won't complain if you do something like selling it but I'm going to favor those who want to learn the skill.

Edit: my name in-game is Dante87336.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

H2Omelon posted:

I decided to check my closet on a whim for no particular reason, as I never put anything into it, and was surprised to find 2 Mr Accessories sitting in there.

I should check my closet more often!

I checked my closet and found nothing.

Thanks for getting my hopes up. :negative:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Not_Log posted:

I assure you he already did that like a year ago when he actually found it. Around 25 of us in chat got the skill and permed it.

All I'm hearing is that we need to pass the rock again before it is sold for good.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

So that's why Jick said on the last radio show "Welcome to the last Kingdom of Loathing podcast before everyone hates us and everything sucks forever."

How much do they need exactly? They already have digital crack known as IOTM. Does Jick want to buy a yacht?

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

goferchan posted:

Pretty sure the "A/B testing" is using the old nodelete flag -- if you've ever donated or kept a Mr. A. in your inventory over a rollover, you don't see ads-- please chime in if your experience contradicts this, though. I can't argue with not showing ads to anyone who's ever donated, $10 offering a permanent no-ads seems like a pretty decent deal and I can't imagine playing the game even semi-seriously and never grabbing a Mr. A-- are these ads showing up off the bat for new accounts, though? Not that I think that's "unfair" in any way but I think that may exacerbate the shrinking userbase problem that necessitated the ads in the first place; it's a hard enough game to get into and if I were brand new the presence of big-rear end "COME PLAY, MY LORD" banners on either side of the adventure window might just be enough to make me say gently caress it.

I've played since 2009 and I got no ads. I also use adblock plus so your mileage may vary on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

goferchan posted:

Please dont include the section about me robbing the goon clan and spending it all on a losing MMG bet because it happened literally 10 years ago and im really sorry :(

Just what is MMG exactly? I've heard about it as the way that a few folks have made their KOL fortunes but nothing beyond that.

• Locked thread