Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I thought I saw a music video on Youtube a year or two ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Maybe someone else still has a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

What Fun posted:

Maybe I'm thinking of the guitarist or the guy who wrote it? Please put them on youtube if you have a moment!
My upload speed is pretty terrible, so I just put up the interview parts.

Here's the interview with John the guitarist from 2012-02-03: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCKnFoDzHw
There's a fantastic breakdown of "Gotta Get It On" in this one too, this is the one where the guitarist's mom did some backing vocals and went to the premiere of the movie.

And Leon the writer of the song from 2012-05-17: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MnhHMYdc4
The writer says Pamela Stonebrook was the singer, she has an IMDB entry but only for the third one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088220/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
Also she says she's had sex with an alien, if that's the same person :stare:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I have a tiny request to make as well, though it's TACS and not Loveline: Pete Holmes was on the show in early July, and I missed the episode by a few days (it was just yanked from freebie status) and was hoping someone could throw it up on YouTube, or Dropbox it or something? I love Pete and was told the episode was actually really great and all, so I wanted to give it a listen. Thanks!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Sure, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/srrk3q99mf136or/ACS_%20Pete%20Holmes.mp3
And one from when he was on a couple years ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zar8t4w9ksxj46/Adam%20Carolla%20Show_%20Pete%20Holmes.mp3

Pete's the best, I try to listen to any podcast he shows up on.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Awesome, thanks! Humorously enough, your username is applicable for the Dropbox links you posted!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Glad to be of service, I like to think of my username as informative as well as clever

Pete Holmes has his own podcast as well, but I generally just listen to the live ones. It sounds weird, but in his normal, one on one podcasts I think he's way too restrained, that is to say, he acts like a regular, polite human being doing an interview. Something happens in the live shows though where he just cranks the "Pete Holmes" dial all the way up and it's fantastic.

If you've never listened to him on Doug Loves Movies do yourself a favor and find those episodes. The ones where he's on with Jeff Garlin and/or TJ Miller are just transcendent, there's so much joy packed into those shows.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I was thinking of the guitarist! RightClickSaveAs, you are a Hero. A Hero!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If you've never listened to him on Doug Loves Movies do yourself a favor and find those episodes. The ones where he's on with Jeff Garlin and/or TJ Miller are just transcendent, there's so much joy packed into those shows.

Yeah, there's a Holmes/Miller/Garlin ep from the summer of 2012 that I must have listened to four times.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Don't worry, I know of YMIW. I agree with the regular episodes being less interesting, though. He really is restrained, unless his guest is a friend he knows well from being a stand-up, that community's close-knittedness breeds interesting conversations. One of my favorites of late was with (AMAZING stand-up) Jared Logan. But, yeah, his live shows are a goddamn ball and a half. I've got all of them saved and have heard them all a few times. He has smaller stand-ups on there that he hasn't gotten to yet for a full interview, who tend to have a good story to share that fits the format, as it's usually only 10-15 minutes for a guest to be the focus, then they move on to being a part of the group who's interviewing the next guest and shooting the poo poo among each other. Kurt Metzger, who is a motherfucking genius and everyone needs to check out his stuff and podcast, was on a live one and was able to talk about being a minister before becoming a comedian and atheist, so he knows his religious poo poo and can tear down how retarded it is, and how retarded people are because they don't even loving know basic things like pronunciation of names. "Everyone I knew taught me the guy's name was SHECKUM, but my girl is a Jew and she laughs about that, it's actually supposed to be pronounced as though you're clearing your throat and poo poo." Also, the story of Dinah. The whooooooole thing about Dinah going to town and getting raped and her rapist marrying her and then her brother loving slaughtering her rapist's whole clan, all that because DINAH DIDN'T DO WHAT SHE WAS TOLD. That's right, everything bad was because this DUMB BITCH got raped and now nobody'll ever trust Jews again. Amazing morality to be found there. Religion really elevates us.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Apoplexy posted:

Don't worry, I know of YMIW. I agree with the regular episodes being less interesting, though. He really is restrained, unless his guest is a friend he knows well from being a stand-up, that community's close-knittedness breeds interesting conversations. One of my favorites of late was with (AMAZING stand-up) Jared Logan. But, yeah, his live shows are a goddamn ball and a half. I've got all of them saved and have heard them all a few times. He has smaller stand-ups on there that he hasn't gotten to yet for a full interview, who tend to have a good story to share that fits the format, as it's usually only 10-15 minutes for a guest to be the focus, then they move on to being a part of the group who's interviewing the next guest and shooting the poo poo among each other. Kurt Metzger, who is a motherfucking genius and everyone needs to check out his stuff and podcast, was on a live one and was able to talk about being a minister before becoming a comedian and atheist, so he knows his religious poo poo and can tear down how retarded it is, and how retarded people are because they don't even loving know basic things like pronunciation of names. "Everyone I knew taught me the guy's name was SHECKUM, but my girl is a Jew and she laughs about that, it's actually supposed to be pronounced as though you're clearing your throat and poo poo." Also, the story of Dinah. The whooooooole thing about Dinah going to town and getting raped and her rapist marrying her and then her brother loving slaughtering her rapist's whole clan, all that because DINAH DIDN'T DO WHAT SHE WAS TOLD. That's right, everything bad was because this DUMB BITCH got raped and now nobody'll ever trust Jews again. Amazing morality to be found there. Religion really elevates us.

What the hell are you talking about?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Apoplexy posted:

Are you a Mormon?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Riptor posted:

Are you a Mormon?

He's fat

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Brekelefuw posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ghhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~

Sorry for being so darn confusing. I'll indicate that I was quoting RightClick.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Just started listening to this and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh you guys are right on with that Giovanni jackhole.
He even tries to ape Adam's cadence, it just makes him sound like an autistic teenager. "HHHEEeeeyy erryboey, sewerfan giovanni here..." (with no radio training and apparently no engineer, he is unable/unwilling to pronounce words clearly). I'd heard the Dr. Drew Podcast with him on it and it was just HORRIFYING. He is absolutely going to kill one of them.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I just jam the "skip 15 seconds" button about a dozen times to get past the useless, spoilering intro.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I just jam the "skip 15 seconds" button about a dozen times to get past the useless, spoilering intro.

I absolutely hate how he has to give highlights to the calls. We downloaded the episode, we don't need to be sold on it. If he want to do some analysis AFTER the episode go ahead, but gently caress why ruin all the surprises.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Is he really just pulling episodes that have been on the website?
Because I could tolerate dealing with his intros if he really had the masters from the old old days as he originally claimed but if he's just talking over tape recordings that have been out there for over 10 years then lol

I'm (I like to think) a fairly normal, self-actualized person but listing to LL has definitely helped give me insight about myself, relationships, and human nature, so it's amazing to me that someone can listen to so much and still be so jacked up and oblivious

To make this not a total Gio post, 2001-10-18 has one of my favorite laugh out loud moments: Adam makes a pretty good pun, but Drew doesn't react. So they call Jimmy to get his reaction. Jimmy laughs, and tells about his favorite Adam pun They were at the lake with the Juggies, and one of them injured her leg and was bleeding. Adam says "hold on, let me squirt a little Jack-tine on it"

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 31, 2014

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You know what I like about you guys? It's like YOU, your the funny one always telling jokes and it's like YOU, you're like Mr. Serious Doctor guy.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
No, it's just you guys seem like teenagers but your voices are, like, old

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 31, 2014

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Again, all you bitching about G____ download the .torrent already. There is no sweeter feeling than knowing you have 40 gigs of unspoiled pure Love.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 31, 2014

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

A little plop here

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Ror posted:

A little plop here

A little skeet there.
Skeet Skeet Skeet Skeet everywhere.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm glad that if there's one thing everyone can agree on, it's that Giovanni is the loving worst.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Agreed. Although he does offer a handy service: http://superfangio.com/consulting/

I was relistening to the Will Arnett 'Waffle Crapper' episode and there is this great moment where they go:
"Hey, you are on the air."
"Hey"
and they immediately turn the mic off and guess she was molested.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Lampsacus posted:

Agreed. Although he does offer a handy service: http://superfangio.com/consulting/

Will the $10,000 "Lifetime Pod Consultation" fee be refundable after Gio kills Adam, Drew and himself in a murder-suicide?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Jubs posted:

Will the $10,000 "Lifetime Pod Consultation" fee be refundable after Gio kills Adam, Drew and himself in a murder-suicide?

No. It is to be used to pay his lawyers fees and for cartons of smokes while in the pokey.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Wow, today's classic loveline is great (3/26/97.) The calls have a few that are actually interesting, theres a good running joke all show, and a great discussion of bowling and bowling alleys thats really funny if you've ever done a b it of bowling or been in a league. One of the better guestless lovelines I can recall ever hearing and even has a rant that feels just like modern libertarian-rear end Drew. (I feel like I just did one of G_________ stupid write ups describing a whole show but its just that good.)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Wow, today's classic loveline is great (3/26/97.) The calls have a few that are actually interesting, theres a good running joke all show, and a great discussion of bowling and bowling alleys thats really funny if you've ever done a b it of bowling or been in a league. One of the better guestless lovelines I can recall ever hearing and even has a rant that feels just like modern libertarian-rear end Drew. (I feel like I just did one of G_________ stupid write ups describing a whole show but its just that good.)

It didn't take me fifteen minutes to get through your summary and I don't want to punch you in the face, so you're a far cry from G________.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Random thought I had today: how many times did someone in LA scan their radio, came across the Lighting round, and came away truly believing that there was a mattress in the number 3 lane of the 405

It HAD to have happened multiple times, right?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

WDIIA posted:

Random thought I had today: how many times did someone in LA scan their radio, came across the Lighting round, and came away truly believing that there was a mattress in the number 3 lane of the 405

It HAD to have happened multiple times, right?

:siren:IT'S SLOW N' GO:siren:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

NUCLEAR ARMAMENT TRUCK COLLIDED WITH A SCOOTER, YER GONNA WANT TO TAKE AN ALTERNATE ROUUUUUUTTTEEE

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
50000 WATT FLAMETHROWER

Edit: what's sad is that searching for that phrase on google brings up a bunch of lovely radio websites where it's used unironically.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
CHECKIN IN AT 73 DEGREEEESSSSSSSS

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lmao drew's wife has a podcast about “psychics and mediumship” on carolla digital??

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

WEH posted:

lmao drew's wife has a podcast about “psychics and mediumship” on carolla digital??

That part was kooky, but later when she started talking about bringing boxes of sex toys into the bedroom to help drew recover from his prostate surgery I finally realized the true depths of Drews passion. "From the latest dr drew podcast with guest his wife."

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Hey! Hoping someone can help me out. I am a die hard Adam + Drew era LoveLine fan, and I'm looking for some links to a series of shows that occurred after Adam left the show. I remember hearing them for the first time maybe 5 years ago or so, Adam came back to guest host with Drew for a week. I would really appreciate those.

The main reason I'm so interested in them is because they talked (a little bit) about why Adam left, and I remember it being partially about Drew not having Adam's back in a raise/salary dispute. If anyone just has any more info in general about Adam leaving that goes beyond what he talks about in his last proper LoveLine episode, or knows of other podcasts he's talked about it on, I would be super grateful.

Thanks!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

rear end Catchcum posted:

Hey! Hoping someone can help me out. I am a die hard Adam + Drew era LoveLine fan, and I'm looking for some links to a series of shows that occurred after Adam left the show. I remember hearing them for the first time maybe 5 years ago or so, Adam came back to guest host with Drew for a week. I would really appreciate those.

The main reason I'm so interested in them is because they talked (a little bit) about why Adam left, and I remember it being partially about Drew not having Adam's back in a raise/salary dispute. If anyone just has any more info in general about Adam leaving that goes beyond what he talks about in his last proper LoveLine episode, or knows of other podcasts he's talked about it on, I would be super grateful.

Thanks!

Adam has returned several times, but the first time after he left was for a week in May 2009.
You can listen to it and download it straight from the official Loveline site archives here: http://www.lovelineshow.com/programhighlights
(This used to be a pay feature but now it's free?)
His return week episodes are May 10-14

If you look around you'll find lists of the other times he returned for single shows later on.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Has he done an episode since he had s meltdown on air over Anderson's jab at Bryan? God, was that an annoying dick wagging moment...

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I would love to know what you're talking about! Please post a link if possible.

And again if anyone has more detail or knows where I can get more detail about Adam leaving lovline I would love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I don't know how much more there is to it. Adam was offered an amazing position to take over Stern's spot in the LA market when he left the terrestrial radio. He probably ask Westwood One to match the offer to keep him and they declined.

Adam is far more replaceable on the show than Drew is.

• Locked thread