Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

quote:

Q. I want to connect my computer/ipod to my receiver!

Well, your computer uses a minijack for its headphone/line out, and your receiver will need the dual white/red RCA connectors for it's input. No worries, though, because you can just get one of these cables and connect it to a spare red/white input on the back of your receiver (NOT phono, because that's reserved for record players and will sound bad). Tada, done.
You might want to note here that using headphone outputs for this purpose may sound pretty bad. Maybe something like this:

quote:

Line-level output is preferred over headphone output. Most computers have a line-level output, usually called "line-out." Live-level output can be coaxed out of the iPod's dock connector via most docks available on the market or via an adapter like one of the PocketDocks from SendStation.

SA Forums RSS - GBS - Games - SH/SC - TV IV - SA-Mart - D&D - Ask/Tell - Coupons - Others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU