Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
This is great, I've been waiting for this one since the sandcastle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralJonB
May 7, 2007
I don't think I've seen an LP this amazing before, great voice and great editing skills... And again the freeze for the introduction to the enemy dino, brilliant. Can't wait for the next video, and your next LP. (Sorry if this is becoming a cliche by now)

Tikiglass
Dec 28, 2007

Just replace all your kobolds with this...

Also been watching since Sandcastle.
Hoping for a good time, with your magical voice guiding me through the game.

Keep em' coming!

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~
Oh gently caress yes, It's here! :swoon:

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Your voice lulls me to sleep like a grandfather reading a story to his grandson, only with crappy computer games instead of classic stories. Tell me you live on a farm and use a woodburning stove and dammit why couldn't you be my grandfather

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
This is incredibly glorious. I swear if you ever decide to start reading books on tape, I will pay money for them. Your serene delivery is so at odds with how horrible the game is, and it's amazing.

edit: "weird old noodle arm" :lol:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
I've used this compliment only once before, but I mean it.

Any time someone says Video Let's Plays suck, the correct response is "Not the Trespasser VLP."

Terror Van
Aug 26, 2007

Are these your friends?
yesss..?
This is a fantastic LP and I can't wait to see more.

Can't stop imagining you spend your time between updates putting wood in a fire and idly cutting at a stick with an old pocket knife, though.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Terror Van posted:

This is a fantastic LP and I can't wait to see more.

Can't stop imagining you spend your time between updates putting wood in a fire and idly cutting at a stick with an old pocket knife, though.

I suspect based on his voice and relaxed style of speaking that he wears a cowboy hat at all times and that if you touch it, you will die. He also probably plays this game by cutting at a stick with an old pocket knife. I don't know how it works, but it does, and is a kind of Badass Magic that is beyond mere goon ability to understand.

Bookmarked and watching this eagerly, drat I wish I'd found it a month from now when there was more to see and less waiting to do.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

0xBEEF posted:

I've used this compliment only once before, but I mean it.

Any time someone says Video Let's Plays suck, the correct response is "Not the Trespasser VLP."

I just thought it was an understood thing

Like the correct phrase is "All Video Let's Plays (except the Tresspasser LP) suck." We all know it so theres no need to point it out.

Valvados
Sep 11, 2002

Night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul
Well, I'm hooked. Always wondered what this game ended up being like, but there was no way in hell I was ever going to put myself through the torture necessary to find out. Looking forward to more updates. :)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Terashell posted:

Oh gently caress yes, It's here! :swoon:

I saw this in the sandcastle and was blown away by the amount of effort you put into this.

I imagine the Velociraptor call out, where the screen went grey was all you, right?

Regardless, excellent LP, and you've got an amazing voice for this thing. I feel like we're in the middle of huntin' season, or something.

I can't wait to see more of this.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I love what you did with the enemy callout. That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind when you brought it up in the Sandcastle!

This is going to be wonderful.

Dieter
May 27, 2006

You solid?!
Love the first video and am eagerly awaiting an update, like probably everyone else here. Fantastic videos to just chill out before going to sleep, very relaxing. You almost make the game seem good!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
This game impresses me more than The Force Unleashed's engine. You're ten years too late Lucasarts. :colbert:

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.
It's hard to get more bad rear end than shooting all your bullets at the dinosaur and then just throwing your pistol at it like it's the finishing blow.

It just feels right.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoa. This is spectacular. Do you do voice or editing work professionally, because everything really comes together nicely. I will definitely have to keep up with this one. Very, very nicely done.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Jesus, this is going to be an amazing LP. Love the old timey south feel to it and your voice is fantastic.

Blunt the King
Feb 24, 2008

You have never been so scared in your entire life.
You, sir, have a fantastic voice. And your good at editing. and this LP is going to rock.

Bookmarked, with high hope for this LP.

One-Hand Gun
May 23, 2007
This is excellent work. I'll be watching till the end!

somerbilliards
Apr 16, 2007
"Go ahead on"? Are you secretly Joe Don Baker? His son, perhaps?

Frosty Mojo
Sep 18, 2006
X seriously rocks.
This is amazing work. You have a perfect voice for voiceovers, and the effort put into this is wonderful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I actually really liked this game. Shocking, I know.

Passingly Gawpish
Jul 14, 2007
On the order of 20nm, sir.
Dear lord this is more than I thought it would be. The down-home music and RI's young Wilford Brimley voice are docu-tastic. More importantly, it really seems that the game was not just played but researched. I'll be watching this one!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I've been waiting for this since your first test post. I can't wait for the next video.

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

If I recall correctly, the high draw-distance in the game was achieved by turning 3D objects into 2D sprites when they were far enough away from the player. Under certain conditions and graphics settings, the popping is clearly visible; if you back away from a piece of geometry until it becomes a sprite, then strafe around it, it either looks like a cardboard cut-out or tracks you like the feet of a dead Doom zombie, and when you get close enough it pops back to its 3D version with the correct orientation. Strangely enough, recording with Fraps seemed to make the popping go away, so I could never get a proper video of it.

Research Indicates posted:

-You are all welcome to play along
In that case, I'd like to throw my speedrun of the Trespasser demo onto the fire. Something of note in that video: I hit the "switch weapon" button just before jumping onto the rolling trailer, and still had both of my guns when I landed. I think that the game temporarily attaches both guns to your body when it's cycling between them, so you don't have to worry about dropping your gun, or worse. This is all untested outside of the demo, though.

I'd actually considered doing a Trespasser LP at one point, but after seeing what you've put into yours so far, I'm glad I didn't.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
This is better than a good LP.

It's...inspirational.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Brilliant! Love the voice and commentry style.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Listening to this makes me feel so very mellow and relaxed. It's a blissful experience.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That whole fifty thousand copies cold of this game? Yeah I was one of them. In fact I still have it in my dusty box of disks.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
this is an excellent LP. I really enjoyed it when I watched in the sandcastle and I await more videos.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Oh God, your voice makes me want to do things with you that would make a raptor blush. It's like watching a sexy documentary with dinosaurs, and there's nothing that can top that.

Nothing.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Do you work for NPR? Because seriously, you sound like one of the guys from All Things Considered. Maybe Prairie Home Companion.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phuzzy posted:

Do you work for NPR? Because seriously, you sound like one of the guys from All Things Considered. Maybe Prairie Home Companion.

It's funny you mention that, the song in the LP Intro video is "Mudslide" from The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band.

Really, the mild bluegrass music and your southern drawl really make the videos great. Great job.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band.

This is awesome. I knew I recognized it, I just couldn't place it directly.

ConneryAtLaw
May 20, 2006

by Fragmaster
I go to school with Research Indicates and yes, his voice is that awesome in person.

Pren
Apr 9, 2004

Wait.

7 enemies per level?

Not 7 types of enemies per level, but a literal seven hostile (and brontosaurus) dinosaurs per level?

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!
I've been waiting for someone to LP this game, since I don't want to play through it myself. Great job so far, as many others have said, your voice seems well suited for this type of thing. When it had a 3/4 view of the island with you narrating at the beginning, it felt like I was watching a golf hole overview.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Pren posted:

Wait.

7 enemies per level?

Not 7 types of enemies per level, but a literal seven hostile (and brontosaurus) dinosaurs per level?

I don't think they even have to be hostile. I'm pretty sure those first two dinos counted towards the total even though they were just stomping around being useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Conjures up VH1's Behind the Music.

This is drat good, Research Indicates.