Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

How fussy are pedals about amperes in general?
I'm thinking about getting a pedalboard powersupply and it looks like they supply anywhere from 150 mA to 800-1000 mA.
Am I going to fry my pedals if I give them too much juice or can they regulate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Have any of you used the Line6 Echo Park?
There's a used one for sale local to me for about 90$. Seems pretty reasonable for the amount of features it has.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

muike posted:

Oh and speaking of kits, what are some good starter ones?

From what little I've heard a fuzz-box can be pretty simple.
I just ordered two kits from here: (Sweet honey OD/Mosrite fuzz)

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk

He has a difficulty-rating for each kit so maybe you can use that for something.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

When you can rock out with that pedal on, that's when you know you've arrived.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Can any of you figure out if the DC-plug on this pedal is center-positive or center-negative? There's no sticker on the back and I'm not exactly an electronics-wiz.

It's a devi ever Soda Meiser if that helps.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Schpyder posted:

A current Dwarfcraft-made one? They're all 9V tip-negative (do not use 18V). No idea on the ones Devi actually made, but I'd expect the same.

I can't find a picture of the pedal that looks exactly like the one I have, so it's probably not part of a big production-run. Doesn't look like the one on the Dwarfcraft website either.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Turkey Farts posted:

You could tweet the picture to @dwarfcraft. Aen's a helpful dude.

That's not a bad idea, thanks.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

e: wrong thread

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Does anyone know if a thing like this exists, and what it is called:

Kind of like a reversed AB-box.

I want to play guitar on top of some sequencer/synth-stuff, with the ability to cut out the synth on the fly. Maybe I just need a switcher/looper but I can't really figure it out.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

UncleBlazer posted:

That would honestly be fantastic but I'm in England and I don't think a lot of you guys are :(

If you're in the UK just get the grey Harley Benton from Thomann. It's cheap and it has very good reviews everywhere I've looked.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Southern Heel posted:

So I may be a complete dunce, but how do I know my TC HoF is 'taking' the toneprint I give it? I've got a few, stick the phone of my pickup and hit 'beam to pedal' and I hear lots of static - and then.... it pretty much sounds the same.

I appreciate this may just be a function of a Reverb pedal rather than a chorus or delay, but I was expecting some kind of feedback to assure me I'm not making a big mistake, especially since there doesn't appear to be much variance at all. Thoughts?

I haven't used toneprint myself but I seem to remember from youtube that it gives some kind of "OK" sound when the toneprint takes.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I'm running out of space on my pedal board, and at the same time I find myself in need of a second volume pedal for my second channel, so I wanted the smallest volume pedal I could find. The smallest I can see online is the AMT Little Loud Mouth, but I have no idea of it's reliability.

On the other hand, last couple of times I saw Acid Mothers Temple, they were using this increadibly tiny volume and wah set of pedals that were smaller than the guitarist's foot, but I have no idea what they are. They looked perfect, though.

Any thoughts?

I don't know about the AMT volume, but the AMT wah (WH-1) has some pretty good reviews.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Southern Heel posted:

Is there such thing as a good quality multi-prong power supply? So far my pedalboard consists of 3 pedals (tuner, boost, chorus) and the power block is the same size as all three together and it seems excessive.

The Trex fueltank junior is pretty small for a brick PSU-

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

What's a good octave-pedal to add some low end when you're looping guitar? Just get an oc-3?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Not strictly looper music but:

Author and Punisher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xrS-ezmA4

There's a few interesting vids on youtube about his setup too. He uses these big industrial controllers that he handmakes himself.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

betterinsodapop posted:

Could be the thread title.

Anyway, I was reading about the Boss TB-2W, which is a recreation of a Tone Bender MK II fuzz.
Was super stoked and onboard until I discovered they were asking $350 for it. gently caress that.

Boss going botique is like the worst of both worlds. They should just make dependable, slightly boring boxes that last 50 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

ricecult posted:

I've been borrowing my friend's Roland RE-501 and it's giving me serious GAS. Anyone have any experience with a Strymon Volante? It's a chunk of change, but if it sounds close to a real tape echo, seems worth getting once I have to give this back.

That Pedal Show on Youtube should have you covered for info. All their videos are about an hour, but they're really good at putting timecodes in the description so you can pick and choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNHZhIWPSBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS2ZWpLxkzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOhwppFabHM