Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

shrughes posted:

How should I change this app so that it will pass review?

Add a fart/cowbell/vuvuzela button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Lurchington posted:

I took a look at some fonts today, and I liked Inconsolata

"Envy Code R" is my favorite: http://damieng.com/blog/2008/05/26/envy-code-r-preview-7-coding-font-released

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

steckles posted:

The only light source in the scene is the filament of the light and it's behind the glass of the bulb. Most ray tracers can't render this scene correctly.

This looks awesome as always but I just have to ask if it really is rendered correctly? I think the bulb looks wrong somehow.
All your renders look very real but the bulb just looks.. two dimensional?

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

firehawk posted:

After a weekend of hacking on my summer vacation and some slight polishing later on, this happened:

Some of you Amiga/MS-DOS oldtimers probably remember tracker modules - this is a module player implemented in JavaScript using the Web Audio API. It only supports 4 channel Amiga Protracker and 4-32 channel PC Fast Tracker modules so far, but I'll look into adding S3M/XM/IT later.

Of course, as you can see from the image - you can go and give it a try!

Only Chrome 14.0+ and Safari 6.0+ run it so far - other browsers don't yet have support for Web Audio.

Gonna try this out tomorrow, I just wanted to say that it looks sweet!

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

tef posted:

You see, kids today learn to cycle easy. They have training wheels, safety helmets. In my day they learned to cycle on penny-farthings, and that's the best way to learn to cycle. I haven't moved on since 1890, so why should I let them take advantage of progress - I certainly haven't.

People should learn from my mistakes by repeating them exactly, because my mistakes have been refined and polished over the years.

Who wants to learn javascript? Making simple things that they can share easily and show to others? They should be learning to program in my home-brew hello world environment. What do you mean you want to do something fun? I never got to do that. I spent the first five years writing guessing games.

I hope you drown in your own bile.

Are you okay, man? You sound kinda angry.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

tef posted:

Someone is advocating that the only way to teach people programming is to treat them as an unthinking dysfunctional photocopier, because they hate other people. In the hope that manually grinding through copy and paste will prevent them from copy and pasting in future. It's beyond ignorant, it's malicious.

If you're not angry, it's because you're a sociopath, a misanthrope, or a sperglord happily functioning without empathy.

I'm not angry. You're the one writing essays about how someone learned programming by copying Basic from a magazine, but I'm a sperglord. You're totally right.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

tef posted:

If you want to pick a fight about teaching, I'll respond in one of the other threads. I'll leave this one or pictures of neat things.

I'm sorry, I don't want to pick a fight. I'm having a bad day and this thread is for pictures.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Win8 Hetro Experie posted:

Yes it is a joke, holy poo poo.

Here's a step by step on how I'm making a signed distance field bitmap font:

A single character from a TrueType font:

After running 8SSEDT algorithm:

Scaled down:

And all together:

Got any shots of these "in action"? I think I've only seen them in TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

TastyShrimpPlatter posted:

I got marching cubes working for my game

Visualizing the data. Green shows the empty space

Blending modes

Mesh

In game

Looking good! I was going to warn you about the marching cubes patent but then I saw that it expired in 2005 :corsair: