Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007
What's under that neck bandage? Do we have a robot trachea? Can it shoot lasers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Satan!
Feb 19, 2008
Running away would be really hard with only one arm, so getting one from robotics would be a good idea, but I'm afraid if we run into anyone there they would be pretty dangerous with all those robot parts around!

There's bound to be some kind of crazy background behind this whole thing that we have to find out anyway, so I choose Blue!

lofidelity
Jul 20, 2004
Blue to find something useful. Whoever THEY are, the R&D dept will be less heavily defended than the Red area.

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
VVV Update! Sorry about the double post, but it doesn't bump this thread to the top unless I actually post something new.

Thallium fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 8, 2008

Kharn
Feb 5, 2004
BLUE just because it's not a loving chainsaw. Red is likely to cause all sorts of problems with folk you don't want to kill

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
You get moving along the corridor. It's as cracked and run-down as the rest of the place, and the lights don't work properly.

On the way, you have to hide from Dr. McCreepy and a pretty lady you've never seen before. They seem to be heading out of Robotics, towards R&D - looks like you might have dodged a bullet there.

You can't hear what they're saying, but the lady doesn't look like she's on board with it. Interesting.

On to the Robotics Department. It seems they left the doors open - will they be coming back soon?

There are a lot of robots lying around, lots of spare parts and bundles of wiring, and a few computer stations mounted on the wall.

What's this?

Someone's left some notes behind, too.

You think it might be a good idea to take a souvenir.

Edit for clarification: 'Kills at a touch' doesn't mean that just nudging someone shoulder to shoulder will make them drop dead. The orange circle on the palm is what delivers fresh, juicy murder. I...should have made that clearer.

More Editing: Voting on this update is now closed.

Thallium fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 8, 2008

sakana
Feb 9, 2003

What the fuck is up with all those chicken strips?
Attacker Arm seems most handy!

plaidboat
Aug 10, 2006

Mofu Mofu
Red is clearly the only option
I defy any one of you to tell me you were given an Offense, Defense, Magic choice somewhere and chose anything else :colbert:

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
Can't we take two, and have them interchangeable? If so - Red And Blue. If not, Just Blue.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
Red seems like the only one that's really useful.

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)
I'm inclined to say red. Little pigtailed girls have very little in the way of natural advantages, and this ought to give her a leg up.

Also: loving awesome thread, man. I love the little bits of animation you throw in, it's a lovely touch.

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Red so we can kill some mother fuckers

Skinned Mink
Aug 17, 2004
Yep.
I'm liking Blue for this one. I think mind control could be useful. Maybe we could find out what all this is about? Also, we still have the syringe if we need to get violent.

Thallium, props for the "8 weeks since the last uprising" sign and the great drawings in general. This makes me wish I still had a "choose your own adventure" book lying around. I loved those as a kid.

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
Red. With yellow we can still be captured. If we took blue we might be able to control some people but they could probably just send robots after us and it would be useless.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Gonna vote for BLUE. Mind control seems like it would produce some interesting results.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
BLUE is the best. Think long term people, we can't kill everything.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
red! Seems to be the most effective with the least amount of potential harm to user.

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Caerulius posted:

BLUE is the best. Think long term people, we can't kill everything.
Yes but what happens when the hypnosis fails? Then you'll wish we had a super arm to crush people with.

yotta
Jul 27, 2004

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the voices in my head.
BLUE Mind control is awesome.

Like a Minizz
Jan 11, 2006
Play the kazoo, let's have it tune
BLUE

obnoxious
Aug 11, 2005

booty butt
booty butt
cheeks
Yellow!

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Gonna have to say Red here.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
I'm going to go with Yellow on this one.

Red would suck. If we come across anyone, and even accidentally bump into them, we kill them. So then everyone tries to kill us... From a distance... where our arm can't hurt them...

Blue just seems interesting, but I don't see it being the most helpful..

Yellow allows us protection at close range and distance while allowing us to attack with whatever other weapons we find.

Good_Vs_Evil
Sep 12, 2006

RED. It's effective against people and robots. If you can destroy all humans and render robots useless, you won't take too much damage you'd need to heal from.

Unless there is an unmentioned side effect. I mean, this is Research and Development. This puppy may not fully be researched or developed, but I think it's worth the risk.

ALOYSIUS 2
Apr 22, 2005

by Ozma
Red - Offense is the best defense.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
BLUE! We already have an (admittedly, limited) short-range weapon. What we are lacking is options, and Manipulator Arm will give us options. It can be used for offense, for trickery, and even more importantly, for information-gathering.

EvoDevo
Jul 5, 2007

SublimeDelusions posted:

Red would suck. If we come across anyone, and even accidentally bump into them, we kill them. So then everyone tries to kill us... From a distance... where our arm can't hurt them...

Yellow allows us protection at close range and distance while allowing us to attack with whatever other weapons we find.

Gotta agree yellow it is

Dios Cassius
Jan 24, 2006
there's two kinds of women - those you write poems about, and those you don't
Yellow
Bubble heal!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
RED - It is time we got around to some killing

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005