Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Oh, Christ... The geocities site went back up and it's got ANOTHER version of the Journey To Love and it's an actual autobiography, with Kevin ruminating on why he decided to start loving dolls and his obsession with Small Wonder.

"The Real Journey To Love--A concise, factual and otherwise detailed story about my love life, starting from my discovery of the show Small Wonder in 1985, ending abruptly early in 2007, leaving things up in the air about what me and my current girlfriend are doing."

http://www.geocities.com/casperg1977/The_TJTL_Project/index.html :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Surfingelectrode posted:

"The Real Journey To Love--A concise, factual and otherwise detailed story about my love life, starting from my discovery of the show Small Wonder in 1985, ending abruptly early in 2007, leaving things up in the air about what me and my current girlfriend are doing."

http://www.geocities.com/casperg1977/The_TJTL_Project/index.html :barf:

Holy poo poo, Motherload. Cali! Get right on searching through this one for ridiculous quotes.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Surfingelectrode posted:

From his LastFM:

LastFM
Squeeze, Weird Al, Mindless Self Indulgence, ICP :smith:

quote:

Your musical compatibility with casperghostboy is Very Low

Thank gently caress for that

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Holy poo poo, Motherload. Cali! Get right on searching through this one for ridiculous quotes.

Here are some... This isn't as hilarious as the others, it's just kind of depressing.

Kevin Havens, lover posted:

Later on that evening, when my parents decided to retire for the evening, I was sent to bed and given my medication for the night, which was supposed to make me sleepy within a few minutes or so of taking it, but this night was an exception. I wasn’t tired yet. So, when my parents fell asleep, I closed my bedroom door and slipped out the catalogs and flipped to wherever the pages that displayed the mannequins for sale within their certain business and got “excited” inside and “down below.” But I didn’t masturbate to them, because I really didn’t know how to masturbate yet. It would be way, way later in my adulthood years to finally learn how to do it. And I didn’t know what the “technical” term for this kind of fetish was called yet, and that would have to wait until I was long into my adult years to find that out also. To put it like this, I thought that I was the only one who felt this way. It would be that way throughout my high school years and somewhat beyond.

Kevin Havens, denied love posted:

But it seemed like that David really should not have known fully about the mannequin fetish until I was really ready to tell him when I could get a private moment with him. But, it seemed like that afternoon was the telling moment. He found out the hard way.

“The hard way” was found out when I got stopped by a loss prevention officer (known to the layperson as a “security guard”) in the lingerie department in front of a couple of “hot” mannequins (in my opinion). I got a telling-to for about three or four minutes, thinking that he was just a “good Samaritan” and telling me that I should go on my way and not bother anyone or anything. A few moments later, he reached into his back pocket, with my thinking that he was going to give me a couple of dollars and tell me to go to one of the eateries in the mall, get a drink or a snack and just be on my way, instead, he flashed his loss prevention badge in my face and told me (and this is the only thing that I remember from this telling-to): “Get out of Sears-Roebuck and do not come back.”

The origin of Beetface posted:

So, I was being placed on some medication called “Accutane,” a powerful vitamin A capsule that was supposed to clear up my acne, which was getting very close to the cystic stage (and it did), but dried up my face and my entire skin on my entire body, and also counter-acted my medications. I was, you could say, an rear end in a top hat, because the medication that was supposed to clear up my face also didn’t make my psych meds work correctly. So, I went in to a downward spiral, really didn’t care about my classes, and sure as hell didn’t care about my self health. I stopped taking showers and I also stopped washing my clothes, just throwing the clothes in the bottom of my closet and when I needed to wear it again, I’d just spot clean off any stains by running it under some running water and using my shampoo as a spot cleaner, rinsing the article of clothing and hanging the piece of clothing up to dry, then wear it right after it dried. Even though, my dorm counselors were consistently telling me to wash my clothes “the right way” (in a washing machine) and get rid of that pile of clothes piling up on the bottom floor of the closet that I was using, and wash them, fold them and put them up correctly. But, I’ve never lived on my own in my entire life before Woodrow Wilson, so all of this was new to me.

Kevin Havens, badass posted:

The mud-slinging about bad things about Davecat kept up after I gathered up enough steam in my head after doing so, I’d write something about it when I found out about it. And on this computer that I’m writing this, there is a song titled “Davecat Ain’t My Bitch,” which was an experiment in fooling around with ID3 tags in MP3 files. It really is just “Ain’t My Bitch” by Metallica off the Load album; I didn’t record new lyrics above the song, because some people (mostly in my family) consider my singing voice “terrible.” I promised myself that I would change back the ID3 info, but once I liked it (I even made an album cover to be displayed in the “Now Playing” section of iTunes—the album’s title is The Best/Worst of The Doll Forum), I kept it and the Metallica song “Ain’t My Bitch,” even though that it got its ID3 tag changed to “Davecat Ain’t My Bitch,” and the inspiration for the title was from that same email that he sent me that had the sentence that said “This isn’t prison, I ain’t your bitch.” So, the inspiration for “Davecat Ain’t My Bitch” came to be. But, I am never going to distribute it over the peer-to-peer file sharing services such as LimeWire, because I have fears that one person who knows Davecat or Davecat himself may be browsing for the actual Metallica song “Ain’t My Bitch” and somehow it would get back to me, because the artist is billed as “CasperGhostboy feat. Alexa, Angie and Jenni Tilbrook.” And everyone knows on TDF that I am known as CasperGhostboy.

:iceburn:

There's also his experiences at Beach House, writing TJTL, getting his first doll, meeting and loving Kat (and their zany adventures trying to buy condoms), and Kat being put on suicide watch.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Surfingelectrode posted:

:iceburn:

There's also his experiences at Beach House, writing TJTL, getting his first doll, meeting and loving Kat (and their zany adventures trying to buy condoms), and Kat being put on suicide watch.

This is truly epic. Cal, if your brain breaks from reading all this, I pledge to set up a paypal account to help with your recovery. But please, please, keep going. It's so hilarious and awful at the same time, I can't look away.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

April posted:

This is truly epic. Cal, if your brain breaks from reading all this, I pledge to set up a paypal account to help with your recovery. But please, please, keep going. It's so hilarious and awful at the same time, I can't look away.

It looks like the site went down again. I've got the PDF saved on my computer at home so I'll upload it somewhere reliable later today.

Caligasti
May 19, 2007
Do you like apples? How about dem apples? They're forbidden. Shhhhh.
IT. NEVER. ENDS.

The Geocities site is still up. They go down easily if more than, like, 5 people are browsing them at a time.

He has a whole folder of pics dedicated to Zero Wing. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

:what:

By the by, that Daphne mp3 on there would be "Daphne" by Squeeze. He named her after the song.

Still staring with disbelief at the main Geocities site. There is a Journey To Love v8.0! There really IS!! And... he claims it doesn't involve A DOLL!!! :psyboom:!!!

Kevin ":psyberger:" Havens posted:

Vanessa, the “twin sister” of Vicki, was introduced about midway during the second or third season. Something, something exploded in my mind. Add the after-school viewing of Mannequin one afternoon, and it somehow connected. I knew that I had a love for mannequins, but somehow each mannequin I visited needed a name, or so it seemed. And also, I bought for the Nintendo Entertainment System a side-scrolling role-playing game called Faxanadu by a recommendation from David, so I used the game’s title as a surname. Vanessa just seemed like it just fit with “Faxanadu.”

So, whenever Mom went to the Sears at Pembroke Mall to pick out me some school clothes, I’d head to the girls’ department where there were two mannequins, one tween and one teen-aged. The tween-aged mannequin was kind of “husky.” I considered that mannequin the teen-aged mannequin’s sister. They looked relatively close to the same age, just by maybe a couple of years between the two. The teen aged mannequin’s name was Vanessa Marie Faxanadu. Of course, Vanessa was from Vicki’s twin sister, which also was played by Tiffany Brissette. Marie seemed like a good name at the time, but I didn’t know that it was Tiffany Brissette’s middle name until almost eighteen years later. And you already know why I chose “Faxanadu.” The tween mannequin’s name was Jennifer, which carried over many, many years. There was no middle name chosen yet for the second mannequin, but they shared the same surname. And the idea of two mannequins being sisters would be brought up a couple of decades later when another event came up.

However, the name “Vanessa” didn’t last all that long. And that teen-aged mannequin that I named Vanessa was, in a sense, “my girlfriend.”

I already need to decompress...

Caligasti fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 24, 2008

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

Sometimes I wish there were a new thread just so that more goons could enjoy the beauty that is Kevin Assburgers prose.

Kevin the Red posted:

So, read on and you will find out why I started loving mannequins, then silicone dolls, then abruptly
came to and started to love a real person like never before. Buckle up, the ride is just starting.

Here we go...

We learn that Kevin's junk food obsessions started at an early age as his mother gives him hot dogs and Pepsi for dinner and,

Little Kev posted:

Usually we would head off to the on-base grocery store, called a
“Commissary,” to pick up some basics in foodstuffs and also sodas and snacks and otherwise. Over half of the
cart would be filled with my sugary and savory snacks.

It sounds like he bitched and whined so much his mother just told him to go on the computer so he would STFU. Little did she know it would begin a Linux/Mac obsessionthe world has never seen.

Kevin the younger years posted:

I usually would be getting up most of the time during a
television program complaining that I was bored and most of the time, Mom would tell me to just get on the
computer and play on it.

Kevin the Pedo posted:

So, you’re saying, how in the hell can this show afflict my sexual life? It’s a little thing that I found out
that’s called “robot fetishism.” I actually fell in love with the robot Vicki and not the person Tiffany Brissette. I
actually had feelings for the robot that was portrayed on the screen, when she “malfunctioned” and did other
things out of the ordinary.
People thought that I was nuts. Really nuts.
But, I did not pay them any mind.
Mind you, the character on that show was a little girl and somehow this child is the whole basis of Kevin's sexual fetish.

Kevin the Obsessed posted:

However, when my parents
decided that I was starting to get “obsessed” with the show, usually I had to watch Small Wonder in the living
room with my parents so they could possibly “monitor” me to see my possible “reactions,” or possibly have my
father discuss with me the technical implications behind each thing that Vicki did, if he could.
:wtf:

He goes on to go to girls sections of department stores and name the girl mannequins and call one his girlfriend.

One thing he constantly says whether in his stories or in posts is "blah blah even though that blah bah." It's so annoying and ridiculous.

Caligasti
May 19, 2007

TigerMoJo posted:

Sometimes I wish there were a new thread just so that more goons could enjoy the beauty that is Kevin Assburgers prose.

I'm strongly considering it. This one's starting to get rather unwieldly. Anyone in agreement just lay down some 5s to see if this can get Goldmined and I'll get to work on an OP for Round 3!

Caligasti fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 24, 2008

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself
I tried reading through that Real Journey and couldn't do it. By the second page I had given up on reading and skimmed through a few more pages. Now I want to remove my brain from my skull and give it a soak in soapy water.

I think Kevin is what happens when you have someone crazy enough to be a serial killer, but too much of a pussy to actually do any thing violent.

Caligasti
May 19, 2007
Holy loving poo poo! I hadn't noticed at first but he has a FILM SCRIPT version of TJTLv5.1 on that GeoCities page!

Academy and Emmy Award-hopeful screenwriter Kevin Havens posted:

Act one scene one
Fade into Kevin walking outside from side door, looking disgusted and angered at something. Kevin is looking at the front area, then the side area for Jason Stratman. He finds him sitting against the building, smoking his pipe.
Jason: Hey, yo. What’s wrong?
Kevin: Nothing. Nothing’s wrong, Stratman.
Jason: Yeah, uh-huh. And I’ll be making GBS threads the Titanic for a year.
Kevin: Okay, Stratman. I’ll tell you. Nobody wants to go out with me.
Jason: Don’t sweat it. Anyway, who needs a girlfriend? Jason extends his hand toward Kevin, offering his pipe, still lit. Here you go, yo. Hands the pipe to Kevin.
Kevin: Thanks, Stratman. I needed that. Kevin takes a couple puffs off the pipe, then tells Jason Stratman, I’m getting tired of this goddamn shithole. Let’s see if Don’s home and let’s see if we can get a lift to my place. Maybe we can get a couple beers, since I have five bucks left on of these Food Lion gift cards, maybe we can get three bottles of some imports and then get on the Internet for a while, then Don can take you home.
Jason: Kevin, I called him about an hour ago, and he told me to call him about 2:30, maybe when we call him he probably won’t pick us up or be on that goddamn Mankind game and forget about us. And you know that Don, when he says one thing, he does another.
Kevin: Looks at his watch I know. But I hope that Don won’t pull his stupid poo poo. But it’s almost 2:30, now what?
Jason: Let me finish my peep. But I have to take one monster-dot-com-sized piss.
Kevin: I have to take a monster-dot-com-sized piss myself. Then we’ll call Don, I hope he’s home.
Jason: I hope so too. But, let us both hope that he ain’t playing Mankind! Or else we’re gonna get him good!!
Kevin and Jason take a few puffs of the pipe, passing it back and forth until it’s finished, then Jason finishes the tobacco off , then finds out that there is no smokable tobacco left, then empties the tobacco ashes onto the sidewalk by tapping the bowl against the concrete. Kevin and Jason walk inside.

Ffffffuuuuuuccccckkk! :psyboom:!

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself

quote:

Act one scene one

Fade into Kevin walking outside from side door, looking disgusted and angered at something. Kevin is looking at the front area, then the side area for Jason Stratman. He finds him sitting against the building, smoking his pipe.

Jason: Hey, yo. What’s wrong?

Kevin: You really blasted my rear end last night

Jason: Yeah, uh-huh. And I’ll be making GBS threads the Titanic for a year.

Kevin: I tell you, Stratman, nobody wants to go out with me.

Jason: Don’t sweat it. Anyway, who needs a girlfriend? Jason extends his hand toward Kevin's pants . . .

I went ahead and fixed up the first couple lines for Kevin.

Caligasti
May 19, 2007
^^^^^

Ahahahahaha! That actually sounds more like an interaction between Dave and Shit_Viper. Speaking of those two...

The Goons know their roll

""I swear I [u posted:

was[/u] goonobyl the whole time!""]
Well, here you have it. Something Awful takes my money and contrary to their agreement,they just kicked me off their site. I broke no rules. Talk about prejudice and discrimination and thievery. or is it fraud. Yes I guess I have been defrauded of my funds. I like that, it sounds more criminal :)

I think I'll lodge a complaint with VISA and get my membership fees back at the very least.

Nice of him to state he banned me because he was just tired of me. Guilty by his own admission. I guess they can dish it out, but they can't take it. On second thought they can't dish it out very well either.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

""I swear I [u posted:

wasn't[/u] goonobyl! Dave is just THAT brilliant!""]
My observation in the months long campaign can confirm this.

And they didn't even give you a free Tee-shirt as a parting gift? The rotten bastards. :raise:

Yeah, whatever Dave :jerkbag:. Jimmy-boy lost your money and account for you because he (and by extension you) were indeed breaking the rules here. You haven't been defrauded... you PAID to get trolled and to troll in kind! You got more than your money's worth in that respect.

Also, why on earth are you using a screenshot from Shit_Viper's desktop? We all know that he is the one obsessed with space shuttles and rocketships, not you. Such a sad attempt at a mindfuck, you losers.

May Lowtax wipe his rear end with your :10bux:.

Caligasti fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 24, 2008

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

We all called it. He's acting like he won some victory over us, and then whines about how he didn't break any rules.

Not only was he account sharing, pretty much a bannable offense on any forum or game, but he also broke just about every other rule here including image leeching, signing posts, multi-postng like a madman, admitted trolling, using about a billion catchphrases and Internet-speak, worthless posting, flaming, not respecting Ozma (an admin), using offensive terms just to be offensive, and being probated and continuing to do the thing for which he was probated.

Da Rules posted:

We here on the Something Awful Forums are very elitist and strict assholes. We pride ourselves on running one of the most entertaining and troll-free forums on the internet. This is accomplished by charging a $10 fee to filter out folks not serious about adhering to the rules, and banning those who manage to slip through and break them. We are very serious about keeping our forums clean and troll-free, so please consider your account an investment and treat it accordingly.

You want to pride yourself on "trolling" us, then you get banned.

Here's some helpful information, since I know you're reading Pit Hockey.

Da Rules posted:

What If I Get Banned?

If you break a semi-minor rule, you will be put on Posting Probation, where you will not be allowed to post threads for a specified amount of time. If you break the rules again after being put on probation, you will more than likely be banned. If you are banned, then your name will appear in the Leper's Colony followed by the rule you broke. You may re-register your account unless you have been perma-banned, which is rarely done and only for serious cases (such as child pornography). If your email account matches that of your banned account, you can register your account again, but if they do not match then there is nothing we can do. This is to prevent fraud and user impersonation.

This can all be found here: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/forum-rules/forum-rules.php?page=1

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

quote:

I think I'll lodge a complaint with VISA and get my membership fees back at the very least.

Now here is a phone call that I would like to hear.

quote:

:phone: Thank you for calling Visa customer service, how may I help you?

:phoneb: Yes, this is David Hockey. I was unjustly banned from an internet forum, and I want you to do a charge back on them.

:phone: Um, ok sir. What do you mean that you where unjustly banned?

:phoneb: Well you see, I am making this movie about the doll enthusiast community, and I needed conflict for it so I decided to pick a fight with the goons. Then I infiltrated their forums that cost $10 to join. But they found me out so I gave the account to this other doll owner that I know on the internet and he was on there but I swear that he didn't break any of the goon's rules but they banned us anyways.

:phone: Doll enthusiast?

:phoneb: Yeah, you know, like in Lars?

:phone: Lars?

:phoneb: You know? Like life size love dolls?

:phone: Sir, this phone call is being recorded for quality purposes, but I assure you that if you continue to prank call us or make more lewd comments, we will terminate your service.

:phoneb: There is nothing lewd about what we do!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I dont know about you guys but the "They can dish it out but cant take it" comment was pretty great too. Yep Vips, you and your razor sharp wit certainly cut ME down!

Caligasti
May 19, 2007
From TJTLv8.0...

"I keep Babylon and on!" posted:

Regardless of forgiving Sears, but not “Kelly” and this customer, I fell back to going to D’Signers Boutique to see this mannequin, which I did name Vanessa at first. Most of my visits to Vanessa and Luz were spent with a few minutes speaking and kissing Vanessa/Jennifer, then going to speak to Luz for a good while and possibly going home with a few catalogs, mostly the Dann Dee catalog. That she had plenty to give away. A couple of times I got other catalogs, one that was called “The All-In-One Fixture Company.” It had pages among pages of mannequins for sale, mostly about eight or ten pages full of mannequins for sale. Even though it was a black-and-white catalog (since they claimed low prices, it seemed like that’s why they printed their catalog in monochrome), but most of their mannequins were $500 and under. That seemed like a good price, because I could attempt to save up some cash in my bank account (which I had a savings account at that time and find some way to send off either a money order or some kind of check to one of them to get the object of my dreams. (I never did. Each paycheck and each extra money that came in, whether birthday money or odd-job money got spent on 7-Eleven Big Gulp “Suicide” [mixed fountain soda] drinks and Big Bite hot dogs. It never went into my account.)

Back to the story about the Squeeze album, I decided to re-assign another surname to the mannequin, which was named Jennifer Faxanadu at the time. I was getting humiliated for the “Faxanadu” surname, so I needed a “real” surname that seemed to “fit.” So, going home frustrated at the humiliation of the Faxanadu surname, I sequestered myself in my room with my Macintosh books that I checked out (really renewed over and over until Virginia Beach Public Library told me “no more”) and my Babylon and On album, with the tape in a high-speed dubbing cassette recorder/record player/AM-FM radio stereo that my mother gave me to let me play my music when I wanted to, I closed my bedroom door and popped in the cassette and the tape blaring, with the display fixture catalogs opened to one of the pages where the mannequins were, all of them splayed over my floor, with the Babylon and On album jacket opened to the band pictures and studio credits, I took a drink out of a Coke can (it was one of my first attempts to try Coca-Cola, and I like it, and now I call myself a “Coke addict,” meaning I love Coca-Cola more than Pepsi), closed my eyes and swirled my finger around until I landed on something.

I first landed on the studio credits, where the credits for “Who Are You?” were. Not giving up, I tried again. I landed on the words “Babylon and On,” on the front cover. Third time’s a charm, so I attempted it again. So, I was spending a good thirty seconds with my eyes closed and my finger swirling around until I landed on something. I opened my eyes. I checked where my finger was. I double-checked. Triple-checked. I made sure where I was. I asked myself if I was sure that I wanted to name the mannequin that last name. I said to myself that I was sure and recorded it in a notebook the new mannequin’s name.

My finger landed on Glenn Tilbrook’s picture.

I also thanked all mannequins “present” for their “assistance.”

I was sure that I was going to name the mannequin the new name Jennifer Tilbrook, but it seemed like I didn’t have a middle name yet. Since Small Wonder was placed into remission in a little piece of my mind thanks to Jerry and Natalie, so the new name Jennifer Tilbrook seemed like it was to stay. So, thinking of a fairweather female friend of mine at school named Diane, I gave the mannequin “her blessing” and gave the mannequin the full name of Jennifer Diane Tilbrook. Damned if I was going to give the mannequin the last name of “Difford” because it seemed like it would never fit with any good female name I would give a mannequin. But it seemed like Tilbrook was to stay.

And stay it did.

So that's how he picks names out. :rolleyes:.

His freind John sounds... "interesting"...

"Mah college buddy was a Nintendo-loving furry!" posted:

I liked John Harris as a good “college” (Woodrow Wilson is considered a disabled persons’ college) friend, but one thing that I didn’t like about him was that he was a die-hard Nintendo fanboy. He even told me that it would be a “cold day in Hell” when Sonic The Hedgehog gets released on a Nintendo system. His nightmare came true when Sonic games were released for the Game Boy Advance and the GameCube back in 2002 or so. Ditto for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. And to make matters even worse, you can buy Sega Genesis games, which includes the first Sonic game, on the Nintendo Wii Shop Channel, for 800 points (roughly $8). He hated Sega with a passion. He even created his own comic book hero, called “Tanooki John,” which was based on the same suit in Super Mario Brothers 3 that basically gave the same powers as the Raccoon suit, but allowed you to freeze in a statue-like state for five or so seconds in case of danger. His “Tanooki John” character fought the “evils” of Sonic, and had Dr. Robotnik on his side. As far as I know, there were only two Tanooki John comic books ever made, and I believe that John kept both of them.

I wonder if John eventually got to the internet?

And about his nemesis at Beach House...

"Debbie Wilcher is EVIL!" posted:

But the real meat of this part is that Debbie Wilcher tried her hardest to stop me from loving mannequins. She even gave the permission to have Janice Schoger monitor my home directory for any “questionable” documents that I may have typed up about mannequins and giving her full authorization to remove the said offending document, or replace it with a “dummy” file, which when I opened the file, it would open in WordPerfect, the MS-DOS word processor that members could use (only staff could use Windows at that time, members had to be restricted to the MS-DOS environment only), stating that the document was “inappropriate” for storage on a city computer system and if the file or something similar was placed again on the system, my computer privileges would be revoked. Whenever I brought in a Dann Dee catalog, it was removed if I left it out of my sight and she found it, it was contained to a place out of my sight and discarded at the end of the day in the dumpster.

So when I got smart and had the Dann Dee catalogs being delivered to me in my name under the Beach House name as the “business name,” I had always monitored my incoming mailbox (I went in every day at that time) to see if a new Dann Dee catalog had came in, and when it did, I’d swoop toward my mailbox, with my backpack in my hand and coolly grabbing the catalog, but making sure that my backpack was unzipped so I could do a “quiet” place-in, then zip back up my backpack and went on my normal day as usual. Only twice that Debbie Wilcher had removed a Dann Dee catalog when I left out of my sight. Each time that she done it, I got a little smarter and found ways to hide the catalog, to be viewed only when I arrived at my house, and at that time, I had my own place to call my own, in the privacy of my own bedroom.

I even tried to convince the “bank” at Beach House to let me buy a mannequin from Star Display, because I did have enough to purchase one. So, sneakily convincing that I had enough, I had the request approved and the check cut, I was going down toward the bus stop to get to Virginia Beach Boulevard and get one, right then and there. But the bad thing about it, when I was waiting for the #29 to take me to Pembroke, the person who approved the request reneged, told me to get in her car, and she took me back to Beach House (this was a different staff member in my unit who approved the request), and while we were heading back to Beach House, we took a “long way around,” meaning that she had to talk to me about making insidious requests like that and to never do that, then voided the check and tore it up right in my face. That pissed me off. It must have been the sinister actions of Debbie Wilcher who told Lauren (the staff member who approved the request so I could get a mannequin) to go fetch me, get me back to Beach House and have me think about making requests such like that. (I took the money and bought a computer instead from a pawn shop.)

My god! So he's sneaking in mannequin magazines for wank material, then later he tries to rip Beach House off in an attempt to get a real mannequin to masterbate too, then gets upset when he's revealed to be a fraud?! :psyberger: indeed!

Ah, and the origins of The Journey To Love...

":argh: The story's NOT bullshit!" posted:

So, when I was sequestered in my room for the time period of about 10:30 in the evening to when I decided to do a final save of what I had so far, I didn’t realize that it was after nine in the morning, because I was getting tired fast, I didn’t know that I had typed up ten pages of somewhat believable story, that would capture my “audience,” mostly at that time Beach House members who understood the “inner workings” of my mind and how I would like to convey to the “true friends” that might enjoy it.

I had already written in those ten pages the source of Alexa (it was an email sent to me by some UUCP address that seemed like he had to get rid of it, that I had to pick it up and it was “magical”), the setting of the magical event (a northeaster), the event that caused Alexa’s coming (a flash of lightning the moment that I had to log into Selective Source BBS and get an email from Alexa, who seemed to also have a Selective Source BBS account—she “did,” which I had to convince the sysop that she was my girlfriend who was living with me and we shared the same phone number, so he obliged and set up her BBS account—telling me that she was there, and meet me in the den so we can play Tetris together). The next few parts (there were no chapters, remember, this was going to be a short story were about when we rode the bus to the Oceanfront to the Norwegian Lady statue at 25th Street to get engaged (seemed like it was a sign of some sorts to find out what my fetish was called), having a “date” at the local Mexican restaurant (called “El Cinco De Mayo,” which is located in the shopping center on the corner of Princess Anne Road and Tiffany Lane), to getting married in my mother’s backyard by a grand reception (and most of my family from Missouri was there in the story), to moving together to “our own place” in some apartment near the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, and my mother giving me and Alexa our own computer system with “real Internet access” with a local ISP, a Dell computer (and how ironic, I am doing this story on a Dell laptop—my girlfriend’s) with Windows 95 OSR 2 (or Windows 98, I can’t remember) and having our own child, but the last few parts were written the last couple of days later (finishing up the part about the date, the marriage and the rest), because I was staying up most of the nights writing my story and sleeping in on the days that I was writing the story.

But at two in the morning on the third night of writing the story, which had ended at midnight on New Year’s Day in the year 2000 (even though, I was seeing into the future, it didn’t take me that long to write it) with me and Alexa toasting each other celebrating our love, friendship and our child, and singing “In Quintessence” by Squeeze “together in harmony.” It had, as the last words, something about me finding my true love and how I overcame “the obstacles” of what “some people” have thought I was a “lost cause” and I could “never get laid to save my life.” Then it broke off there, because the story was complete, then had about three or four carriage returns, then a bit larger typeface, centered, bolded and italicized that had the words “The End” that signaled that the work was finished. I then saved it, and then hit the key combination to save it about two or three more times to make sure it was truly written to disk.

I then loaded about forty or fifty sheets of paper into my dot matrix printer to make sure I can compensate for any paper jams or anything of the sort (my printer was known to jam easily), and hit the key combination to print my masterpiece. Luckily, the printer never jammed, just chugged along printing twentynine
pages of a sci-fi fantasy that I could only think of. Right after I placed it in my black binder that the business education teacher gave me when I was going to Woodrow Wilson, I called up the number to Beach House and called in a reservation to get a ride in to Beach House that morning. I then looked it over about a couple of times, made a glass of cold instant coffee, showered up, shaved and got ready for the day at Beach House that coming morning.

While I was riding the van into Beach House, I made sure that I had the story and had it nice and neat in the binder, ready to make photocopies (when no staff was looking, after all, I would hog the copier for a few minutes) and distribute it to two people: my friends Adam Ebel and Phil Kunert. When I made the photocopies of the book (which I made two, one for both Adam and Phil), I stapled them together and gave them to both of them, who were standing guard over me at the copier and strictly told them that this was my “intellectual property” and not to release it to any not-knowing staff or member who would dismiss the story as “bullshit.”

I then read the first few pages out loud, but quietly so I don’t disturb anyone else, and they told me that I did a great job, why don’t I seek out a publisher. I ignored their advice, I just told them that it was just a “pet project” of mine and I’d rather share it with a few good friends of mine.

That story would be my “bible” to find a good partner in life. What I didn’t know is that I would keep on writing more versions of the story, usually by a few months in-between each writing, to basically give myself a break and to use the “advice” I’d given myself in the story that I had written to find a real person to date.

Wait, wasn't v1.0 supposed to have been full of graphic German-cursing-filled sex? Sounds like it was rather tame. Or is he describing some sort of beta? v0.5?

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself
Hahahaa! We can't take it? That coming from the guy who's response to anything is "I'm a-gonna sue!" Jesus, Hockey is such a little bitch-manchild.

You know I was always against the goonobyl account being banned, despite the continual breaking of the rules. Why? Because I knew, I loving well knew that no matter how far ahead we called it, no matter how many itenerations of the senerio we made up, Hockey would do *exactally* what we predicted he'd do and actualy be serious about it. I wanted to save myself from that small moment of disbelief on my part.

Three cheers for Debbie Wilcher!

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Caligasti posted:

I'm strongly considering it. This one's starting to get rather unwieldly. Anyone in agreement just lay down some 5s to see if this can get Goldmined and I'll get to work on an OP for Round 3!

I second this. Maybe call it 'Images of Loving Part Three: The Fantasies and Musings of a Dollfucker' or something. I'd say we should focus more on Kevin because Hockey and Shit_Viper just aren't funny any more.

Don't forget that v8.0 was written literally a month or two before Daphne entered his life, so that statement that he was over dolls didn't last very long.

This TJTL is fascinating to me because it shows the roots of all of his crazy obsessions. Seriously, anyone who lets Squeeze and Small Wonder dictate their life is hosed up.

And that huge feud with Davecat that always talks about? Here's how it started:

Kevin Havens, friend posted:

I opened an IM window and shot off a question of “yt?” (meaning “you there?”) to signal that I’m ready to talk and to see if he was there. The reply, which was automated, came back that said “I’m busy getting a drink out ov a glass ov water! Ahhh!” I shot back a “?” meaning I didn’t understand what he said. The same automated reply came back. I said that I’ll talk to him in a few minutes, when he “finished his glass ov water.” I then closed the window and kept Yahoo IM open, but in the background. I then steered Mozilla Firefox to TDF and searched for a few messages to reply to. About an hour later, I reopened another IM window to see if Davecat was ready to talk, but the same automated message kept on coming.

I then got very, very pissed. I then shot off a message to him that said “If you don’t want to talk to me, then come on here and tell me personally! Don’t just leave me hanging!” I soon would regret that message I shot to him. I then closed Yahoo IM and went to TDF and just leisurely looked at the messages, but didn’t bother replying to any of them.

About thirty minutes later, I reopened Yahoo IM and got an offline message that tersely said “Check your Email.” I looked at my Gmail account, which he invited me and Alexa to get, but I didn’t find the message there, because he would send personal emails to mine and Alexa’s Gmail accounts. I then asked him to elaborate, because I told him that I couldn’t find the message. He typed back, which spanned three conversation lines that said “Since I’m nice, I’ll elaborate,” “Who the gently caress are you to talk to me like that?” and “Never contact me or Shi-chan ever again.” I then attempted to apologize, but I kept on getting ignored, and then typed “oh gently caress” then logged off of Yahoo IM, then went to TDF and sent him a PM (Private Message) titled “why me, why now?” and attempted to explain my situation.

About that morning, I couldn’t take it anymore, so I sent him an email that had the subject “</yourself>”, meaning “end yourself,” and explained in 24-point Arial “yeah, that’s right, end yourself” and that “Alexa and I don’t give a poo poo.” I soon would also regret that email I sent him, because he was going to reconsider.

About ten minutes after sending that email telling Davecat to end himself, he shot back a nasty email showing the side that I loathe about him with the end sentence “I feel sorry for Alexa, because of your behaviour [sic].” It explained how Alexa and I were “dead” to him and Sidore and any and all email that Alexa and/or I send him would be “cheerfully ignored.” Well, that email was the beginning point to a new point that really got me to harass Davecat, mostly in my blog. That email was also my basis for other things bad about Davecat and how a “bad person” he was by isolating himself with Sidore only and never opening up to real person relationships, even if it means not having a real woman to date, but having friends that were not just online contacts. I explained that in my blog, which was called Live From Virginia Beach, It’s Synthetik Night Live!, because it was a blog that explained in sometimes gross detail about my doll fetish. And Davecat mostly called RealDolls and other life-sized dolls “Synthetiks” because of his neo-punk lifestyle. And he always talked like a Briton, even though he was born in Detroit and lived there for most of his life. I even explained a new life ahead
of me, sans Davecat.

DAVECAT :argh:

We have to find that blog. Seriously.

And Kat's suicide attempt:

Kevin Havens, lover posted:

Then about an hour later, I got a call from Kat. I seemed relieved at that moment, but I got worried when I found out that she was at Norfolk General for “suicide watch” because of four trigger points: her phone was disconnected that morning, her sister blaming her for everything; Melanie and Jason threatening to break us up because of what Melanie and Jason had seen Kat to be “bitchy” and that wasn’t “acceptable,” among other things. Right when she started to cry, the nurse took the phone from her and said that there was to be “no crying” on the phone, then the nurse got on the line and told me that she would call me back “tomorrow” when she “is better.” I didn’t get any explanation of what was truly wrong with Kat, even when I asked the nurse, but all that was said by the nurse was “She cannot talk right now, and I’m taking the phone away. Bye.” I was infuriated at the nurse’s actions that she couldn’t take the time to explain what was wrong with Kat, just she told me that she cannot talk, neither could Kat, and that she was taking the phone away.

The next morning, grateful that I had the day off, I got a call on my cell phone from the main line of Sentara Norfolk General (the Caller ID record shows that on all Norfolk General outgoing calls, regardless of extension), but knew instantly that it was Kat. She said that she was going to be transferred to the eighth floor pretty soon, when, she doesn’t know at that moment. She also said that she was feeling “a bit better” and told me in detail about how she ended up there.

She told me that it started when she was going to place a call that morning, maybe to me, but all that she got was an automated message from Cox that welcomed her and thanked her for her call, and only offered a few choices: to pay the bill over the phone, or contact customer service. Then when she had to go to her doctor’s appointment, the doctor saw that Kat wasn’t in her “right mode” and asked Kat if she wanted to go over to Norfolk General and be seen. She also told me things about how Melanie and Jason were trying their damnedest to separate us, her sister calling the night before and blaming everything under the sun about her, among other things that caused her to trash her apartment and to grab a pair of scissors and cut herself. She said her stopping point was when Chanita came by and when I called. My intention the next morning was to check up on her, because when I called her the night before, she was on the verge of cutting herself. But without the phone line to check up on her, I was left up in the air on her status of the incident the night before.

And something else I found... Kat is a political activist! The Y.E.A.! Disability Advocacy Group

Surfingelectrode fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 24, 2008

Deacon Blues
Aug 8, 2007

by I Ozma Myself

Surfingelectrode posted:

DAVECAT :argh:

We have to find that blog. Seriously.

I'll get the ball rolling on that.

Here's his youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Davecat

I'm pretty sure this is his blog
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes/

His Myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=225086076

A blogger profile
http://www.blogger.com/profile/3972975

And Wordpress
http://wordpress.com/tag/davecat/

And either he or a Hockey-ish person is being nice to him in Urban Dictionary.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Davecat

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Is the complete and antisocial selfishness that Kevin displays common or typical among Asperberger's people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I'm goldmining, once a new thread is posted by whomever I think anyone who has posted info in the last page or so ought to repost. Though one thing: let's keep family member myspace stuff out of it, Kevin's family is tortured enough by his mere existence so I think we should let them be.