Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal

http://www.dollchronicles.com/about.html posted:

What’s that? You think a realistic life-sized doll is degrading to women?

Then let me ask you this - Is the common dildo a degradation to men? Dildos are generally larger in that area, and men don’t usually vibrate. Men should feel degraded, yet dildos are widely accepted. Of course there are male dolls and sex toys for women as well, however, I have not noticed negativity from the male gender on these items. And for that matter, what do you think a man is visualizing when he is masturbating with his hand. I am sure it is not how sexy his hand looks! I should know -- I am a man.

I don't think plastic dolls are degrading to women.

But here's the thing: I, and lots of other women and men enjoy sex toys with partners, or by themselves. The difference is; I don't name my sex toys. I don't dress them up in clothes, invent names and personalities for them, photograph them participating in family life. My Hitachi Magic wand isn't a replacement for emotional interaction with human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh precious companion <3 How I love to snuggle you on cold and dreary nights. So beautiful, so sexy!

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal
This thread is totally engrossing.

I just have to chime in here. As a pro dominatrix in Los Angeles, I'd like to think I have my finger on the pulse of wacky fetishes. What most people would find kinky is pretty run of the mill in my world, and then I get contacted by people with fetishes that make even me raise an eyebrow and think 'hmmm, really? Well, interesting.'

The reason I bring this up: Most of my clients who have a particular inkling towards shall we say 'non traditional activities of a sexual nature' are perfectly aware that other people think it's weird. That's why they see someone who's profession is discretely dealing with these things. They don't want to post on craigslist, they don't want to seek out partners on dating sites. Why? They don't want ANYONE knowing about it. While I don't think it's anything to be ashamed about, I also understand why they fear that family, friends, and community might have a reaction similar to this thread if they were 'out' about it. That's why most people don't post on public forums on the internet with real life information and names.

It's one thing to admit to yourself you have a fetish, whatever it may be. Let's say John Doe likes pink panties: he loves to wear them, talk about them, collect them obsessively. Does that hurt anyone? Of course not. He can wear them when he's home, imagine wearing them to work under his suit if he were very bold. If he were to post on a website devoted to this fetish as 'Slave2Pantyz' that could be fine too. John Doe understands this is deviant behavior, and would be sheepish about admitting this silly thing to even his closest friends.

He would not wear them to the gym locker room and change in public. He would not tell family(daughters!) and co-workers about his collection and ask for them to admire it. He would not make a documentary about cross dresses intending to change the world. He would not defend his right to wear panties all across the internet far and wide as 'John Doe' and expect not to be ridiculed for this silly and harmless habit.

I don't doubt most people who own these dolls know it's a little strange, but they just like it and it makes them happy; and they pray no one ever finds out. Bless their little hearts, I hope no one does. But to expect the great wide internet to be merciful when handed this strange world to mock? It's never going to happen. I don't think threatening phone calls and e-stalking are going to make it any easier for Dave's brothers-in-silicon-loving. He's outed himself, now it's time for him to embrace his inner freak and learn to laugh along with everyone else.

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal

goonobyl posted:

So what IS the big deal here? In it's most basic form, the doll is just a sex toy.

Could you please rationalize why you took a picture of your daughter glancing sideways at a sex toy? You know that it makes her very uncomfortable to be confronted by her father's sexuality, right? Just checking.

It's unconventional that you use life size dolls as a masturbatory tool, but it's very strange of you to pose your children with them.

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal

goonobyl posted:

Resigned.

NO!

I really want to know about your daughter posing with your sex toys, please explain.

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal

wid posted:

Dave's upcoming new fetish will be wearing one of those female doll suits. Calling it.

Let's just hope he's not making a girl suit, out of REAL GIRLS...

Check on TigerMogo, just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telepathetic
May 24, 2005

Lost, Lonely & Lethal

TigerMoJo posted:

Guys, I don't know how I got here but I'm in a dark place. I think it's a pit. There's a basket here with lotion in it and a what looks like a Teddy Babe's head. And, and I hear a dog barking and music above me and,

Oh poo poo someone's com...

That's what you get for helping a red faced Aspie move furniture out of his mom's house. He's got a savings account set up to buy you Jolt cola and all the linux baby doll tee's you could ever want. And all your friends will be there; Bianca, Dave, and
- Casper_Ghostboy, CGB_Wife, Daphne and Andrea