Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That is incredibly clean for a F4i. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I was gonna say, that thing is mint. What a beauty. Be careful. Be careful.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Best part of the purchasing experience was catching a ride to the dudes house, filling out paperwork/etc, hop on bike, raindrops start falling.No prob, just ride home my new 100hp bike on questionable tires in the rain no big deal :stare:

(it was a total pussycat, the throttle is so loving crisp and linear. Super easy ride. Freeway riding was so much less stressful than the ninjette)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PaintVagrant posted:

Best part of the purchasing experience was catching a ride to the dudes house, filling out paperwork/etc, hop on bike, raindrops start falling.No prob, just ride home my new 100hp bike on questionable tires in the rain no big deal :stare:

(it was a total pussycat, the throttle is so loving crisp and linear. Super easy ride. Freeway riding was so much less stressful than the ninjette)

I traded up to a ZRX after over a year on a DRZ. The first thing I noticed about the nice, shiny, 100+ hp bike was how well behaved it is. I was totally blown away by how much smoother and more natural it felt. I'm glad you feel the same way about yours.

Don't mess it up.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
F4i is pretty much the best 600 to step into. The power is pretty linear and doesn't have the insane steepening of the graph at like 8-9k the way the others do, it's pretty loving comfortable, and it's reliable as a tank.

I had one as my first bike, I'm pretty sure the only reason it didn't kill me is that the front rotors were warped until I replaced them after a month of owning the bike. Was too afraid to get on the throttle everywhere like I wanted to. Be careful, you're going to feel overly confident with it in a couple of months... that's when it will try to bite you.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

The fueling is just crazy smooth. As soon as the throttle cracks, the feel is razor sharp, you could name an RPM and I could set the throttle to it effortlessly. I cant believe the difference, the 300 felt like a tractor motor in comparison to this 11 year old bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

PaintVagrant posted:

The fueling is just crazy smooth. As soon as the throttle cracks, the feel is razor sharp, you could name an RPM and I could set the throttle to it effortlessly. I cant believe the difference, the 300 felt like a tractor motor in comparison to this 11 year old bike.

Just imagine what it's going to feel like when we finally get our hands on fuel injected Super Dukes. :unsmigghh:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Just imagine what it's going to feel like when we finally get our hands on fuel injected Super Dukes. :unsmigghh:

Its called Sphincter Armageddon

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Chichevache posted:

I have an 03 R6 with a really good tune done by Evan Steel Performance and an 07 Tuono 1000. The R6 is by far the more dangerous bike in the way the throttle bites on roll in. The Tuono is just lazy and easy to ride in comparison. Sure, wheelies everywhere but still.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I have an 03 R6 with a really good tune done by Evan Steel Performance and an 07 Tuono 1000. The R6 is by far the more dangerous bike in the way the throttle bites in roll in. The Tuono is just lazy and easy to ride in comparison.

I have heard that R6s are mega-peaky.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chichevache posted:

I traded up to a ZRX after over a year on a DRZ. The first thing I noticed about the nice, shiny, 100+ hp bike was how well behaved it is. I was totally blown away by how much smoother and more natural it felt. I'm glad you feel the same way about yours.

This is not at all how I felt about the Daytona or Z1k I rode. Maybe it's different when it's your own bike.

PaintVagrant posted:

I cant believe the difference, the 300 felt like a tractor motor in comparison to this 11 year old bike.

I had no idea the 300 engine was such a dog. Thought it would be like the 250 but +50cc.

That's a really beautiful CBR you have there, though. I even like the particular bro treatment it has, as the finish and shape at the bottom are stylish and intriguing. I'm not looking forward to seeing you in the crash thread.

PaintVagrant posted:

Its called Sphincter Armageddon

I heartily approve of this post and your posts.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 27, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Dont worry about it guys, in 2 months when I upgrade to an H2R we can have this chat again

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

This is not at all how I felt about the Daytona or Z1k I rode. Maybe it's different when it's your own bike.

I'd been riding a DRZ with a damaged rear suspension, so I'm sure any bike would feel safer after that. :sigh: But I think the weight and the smooth torque (up to a point, then :supaburn:) just make the ZRX feel really solid and comfortable. Plus a seat that doesn't try to penetrate me is a huge difference.

I'm also sure the Daytona, and probably the Z1k, are much sportier than the ZRX. I'd still be really careful with a Daytona, I doubt I'm ready to reliably handle something like that without doing something stupider than normal.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Everyone knows bikes are male and cars are female.

Nope. Look at a 916 from above. Unf.

PaintVagrant posted:

Just got her home. Say hi to Rhonda Burgundy

Very nice. Too nice for you in fact. Better let me take care of it for you.

Be careful because dropping that would be heartbreaking.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Carth Dookie posted:

Nope. Look at a 916 from above. Unf.

Very nice. Too nice for you in fact. Better let me take care of it for you.

Be careful because dropping that would be heartbreaking.

He's gonna drop it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Now you know why everyone hates on I2's. It's cause they're tractory garbage 90% of the time.

HotCanadianChick posted:

He's gonna drop it.

Hey remember that time you got a 1000cc naked for your first bike and sailed into a traffic island?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Now you know why everyone hates on I2's. It's cause they're tractory garbage 90% of the time.

Hey remember that time you got a 1000cc naked for your first bike and sailed into a traffic island?

So true; and that was after around three years of street riding and close to 17 years of dirt biking.

Imagine how quick it might have happened if I had been hopping on a 600SS after building up my overconfidence from about a month of riding a ninjette? :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Honestly I don't know. Every crash I've had was either down to hilariously unlikely misfortune or me misjudging conditions where it wouldn't have made a difference what I was on; I've never had a crash because I got carried away on a bike that was too fast/big for me and I've never really been close to it either. Some of the crashes I've seen on this forum in particular and the internet in general are really confusing because I can't even picture myself being in the same frame of mind that causes that type of crash. Do people really have that much difficulty controlling their wrist?

Could the nanny state really actually for real be keeping me safe by obsessing over 5km/h infractions??

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Could the nanny state really actually for real be keeping me safe by obsessing over 5km/h infractions??

Yes. I can't stay within the speed limits. I've tried. I get so bored I can't focus.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Honestly I don't know. Every crash I've had was either down to hilariously unlikely misfortune or me misjudging conditions where it wouldn't have made a difference what I was on; I've never had a crash because I got carried away on a bike that was too fast/big for me and I've never really been close to it either.

Why do my ears keep burning? :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Yes. I can't stay within the speed limits. I've tried. I get so bored I can't focus.

I don't know how your town is laid out but the cops all hang around the high traffic areas here anyway so I tend to blast it in the country on roads where breaking the limit is difficult anyway.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Why do my ears keep burning? :allears:

No, I'm pretty sure if you were on a CBR125 you wouldn't have attempted that overtake.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Slavvy posted:

I will admit I like the V-Twin of the SV650 a lot more than I like the Ninja500. Doesn't hurt that the can on the SV makes much nicer noises.

Slavvy posted:

:laffo: I didn't think it was his first bike, but come on that's a bit on the nose.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Uhhhh... link?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Uhhhh... link?

Go back through the crash thread I'm not doing it for you.

I thought HCC having an FZ1 for his first bike was common knowledge? I remember nsap reaming him over it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Go back through the crash thread I'm not doing it for you.

I thought HCC having an FZ1 for his first bike was common knowledge? I remember nsap reaming him over it.

That was his first? I assumed he'd been riding for a while.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PaintVagrant posted:

Just got her home. Say hi to Rhonda Burgundy

Everything about this is fantastic and you should be proud.

You're making me want to sell both my VFRs and go on a quest to find one. I didn't think clean ones like that existed anymore.
I've even got a 954 front end lying around in the hopes that one day I'll find the perfect f4i to swap them onto.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Slavvy posted:

I don't know how your town is laid out but the cops all hang around the high traffic areas here anyway so I tend to blast it in the country on roads where breaking the limit is difficult anyway.

No, I'm pretty sure if you were on a CBR125 you wouldn't have attempted that overtake.

It wasn't an overtake, it was a semi truck parked in the roadway with its blinkers on - like literally parked with the driver not in the vehicle. They do that on the section of road by my work sometimes so they can walk into the businesses here to find out if they are at the right address

Also the cbr125 has never been sold here :wink:

Slavvy posted:

First bike I'd owned, and first time riding on the street. I rode plenty of (dirt) bikes before then (my grandparents had a farm and my uncles loved dirt bikes and quads) I just hid that fact since I knew someone would inevitably flip out about someone buying a literbike with no experience so I played it up and quoted/paraphrased a lot of dumb stuff I'd heard from squids and such, and a few of the more gullible posters are it up. Dropping little comments like "I dropped it at a stoplight my first day riding it" in IRC after I bought it got them all spun up too (it had never been dropped prior to my wrecking it).

To be fair, my trolling game's got nothing on Verge though.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 27, 2016

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

HotCanadianChick posted:

I almost want to buy one with the Repsol livery because they're like $1500 with only a few thousand kilometres on them. Also $11/mo insurance.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

HotCanadianChick posted:

It wasn't an overtake, it was a semi truck parked in the roadway with its blinkers on - like literally parked with the driver not in the vehicle. They do that on the section of road by my work sometimes so they can walk into the businesses here to find out if they are at the right address

First bike I'd owned, and first time riding on the street. I rode plenty of (dirt) bikes before then (my grandparents had a farm and my uncles loved dirt bikes and quads) I just hid that fact since I knew someone would inevitably flip out about someone buying a literbike with no experience so I played it up and quoted/paraphrased a lot of dumb stuff I'd heard from squids and such, and a few of the more gullible posters are it up. Dropping little comments like "I dropped it at a stoplight my first day riding it" in IRC after I bought it got them all spun up too (it had never been dropped prior to my wrecking it).

"I'm not mad and nude on the Internet, you're mad and nude on the Internet!"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

VERTiG0 posted:

I almost want to buy one with the Repsol livery because they're like $1500 with only a few thousand kilometres on them. Also $11/mo insurance.

I own one and I can tell you that in reality they're frustratingly slow with a lackluster engine and corner surprisingly poorly, the main saving graces are the fantastic fuel mileage and unparalleled splitting ability thanks to the size and narrowness. That being said mine is on continentals and it would probably improve with those tiny pirelli or bridgestone sportsbike tyres.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

certified loving deathtrap. if its not trying to wheelie its trying to loop itself. 14/47 gears on a 470 is looooaads of fun on the street :D.

seems I also lost some wheelweights during storage time and it shakes its rear end off at high speeds.

(ninjaedit, gently caress those graphics.)

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Every time I see your yellow drz it gets more awesome. I'm running 14/47 on the WRx, and it's a complete hoot on the street, and I cannot imagine what a 470 with a similar FMF system must be like. :aaaaa:

edit- What gearing do you use with the sumo wheels?
edit edit - it's always bugged me, doesn't the knob on the top of the headlight block your light bar/reflect back on you?

Coydog fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 28, 2016

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

HotCanadianChick posted:

You certainly got the last laugh. How's your hip?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

You certainly got the last laugh. How's your hip?

Just like him, it cracked up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Its legitimately a fun bike. Low-gearing on most any thumper rules

14/44 sm. there isn't much difference between the two in shift points.

it doesnt really blind/bother me. doesnt leave a outline either because lolchinesium lightbar that just farts light. as long as the main beam works, I'm p okay with this.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Just like him, it cracked up.

:iceburn:

cursedshitbox posted:

it doesnt really blind/bother me. doesnt leave a outline either because lolchinesium lightbar that just farts light. as long as the main beam works, I'm p okay with this.

Well I finally got to ride a KTM with sumo wheels and a 47 rear. Christ almighty. It's the fastest feeling bike I've ever been on.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

:iceburn:

Well I finally got to ride a KTM with sumo wheels and a 47 rear. Christ almighty. It's the fastest feeling bike I've ever been on.

690?

advion
Jul 25, 2005

captainOrbital posted:

Here is an example of the Rizoma taillight. I like it, but I'm going to hold off on more cosmetic poo poo until after I get new tires because that is actually what is important.

What seat is that? I've been looking to do something with the seat on the FZ since my rear end was so sore on the last six hour ride I went on through upstate Maine.

I know the Corbin is comfortable but I just don't like the way it looks on the bike. At some point I may stop caring and just get one though.

advion fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 28, 2016

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

cursedshitbox posted:

What's your comfortable topspeed on 14/44? I just ordered a 44t rear so I'm gonna try 15/44 and see how it wheelies from there. I'm on stock motor with 160/25 keihin carb and a full pipe though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

advion posted:

What seat is that? I've been looking to do something with the seat on the FZ since my rear end was so sore on the last six hour ride I went on through upstate Maine.

I know the Corbin is comfortable but I just don't like the way it looks on the bike. At some point I may stop caring and just get one though.

Well, I don't know; that's not my bike. I hate Maine and everyone who lives there.

I know at least Corbin and Sargent both make seats for the FZ. My PO was trying to sell me a pack of upgrades he took off the bike because it wasn't moving on CL, including a seat and a remote-res air-horn, but I never took a look at the seat. Give him a call: his name is Bob.