Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I used to have a piece of Gorilla tape on my triple on which I had written DON'T BE STUPID with a silver sharpie. IDC if SELF CONTROL is an AI joke or not; it's a good reminder to not always be a dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Self control is a great thing to have dangling in front of my chin mounted GoPro right about the time I hit balance point.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Can't we just all pitch in and buy some PPg straight cut gears for the gorester?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Can't we just all pitch in and buy some PPg straight cut gears for the gorester?

If he wanted to spend a few grand on a STi transmission most of those issues would go away, but where is the fun in that? Its more fun to chew up 200 dollar junkyard 5-speeds.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

I used to have a piece of Gorilla tape on my triple on which I had written DON'T BE STUPID with a silver sharpie. IDC if SELF CONTROL is an AI joke or not; it's a good reminder to not always be a dong.

Just remind yourself that if you die riding your kids will never get into this awesome hobby and you'll have made them less cool.

Also they will be sad and poo poo. Lady Chiche was just looking over my shoulder and she commented on how cool your avatar is.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Is it really eating transmissions when they are made of glass anyway?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

Also they will be sad and poo poo. Lady Chiche was just looking over my shoulder and she commented on how cool your avatar is.

:keke: My oldest son a few years ago at a Maiden show. One of the mods in NMD (het?) gave it to me.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

:keke: My oldest son a few years ago at a Maiden show. One of the mods in NMD (het?) gave it to me.

Yeah, I mentioned that to her. She thinks it's awesome.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

First real offroad trip since the 470 and suspension work. holy gently caress. I may have to relocate back to the desert and sell my supermoto wheels.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

I guess this proves I'm not a car person because I still don't get it. Is that a shorty exhaust popping out of the bonnet? :confused:

The whole thing looks like a reason to be grateful for the MOT to me.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Nice day for a ride, especially after spending all morning tinkering in the garage (though that was pretty fun as well)

56k blessup

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Slavvy posted:

The KTM superDuke1290 is an excellent starter bike packed with safety features and big tyres + brakes for added safety and learner-friendlyness. Good choice!

Either a 390 or the Yamaha MT03, not touching a big bike until I know what the gently caress I'm doing :shobon:

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Wrong thread

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Literally the best bike ever made.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

N is for Nipples posted:

You are almost correct.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Mike the TV posted:

You are almost correct.

close but no cigar

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Needs some kill stickers on the side Razzled...

M42
Nov 12, 2012

This is my buddys, but I did some awesome small bike racing this weekend at sandy hook speedway. It owned. I crashed a couple of times and survived gettin asspacked off the straight :heysexy:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

M42 posted:

This is my buddys, but I did some awesome small bike racing this weekend at sandy hook speedway. It owned. I crashed a couple of times and survived gettin asspacked off the straight :heysexy:

Sat here tripping balls for a bit because I have a TTR250 in the garage right now and it's not a midget bike at all.

Then I realised that's a 125.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Been wanting to to do this to hand gaurds for three years now.

SpookyMoto

Jazzzzz is probably having heart palpitations because they aren't the exact color code of orange that KTM uses ( he did a fantastic job on this biek). :D

Getting them cut so they would bend properly took some trial and error. I'm glad I had bright orange zip ties on hand. Blends in perfectly.

Showin' off

This bike makes me happier than I thought a bike could. :perfect:

Many thanks to Jazzzz for selling me this bike. I had a blast with him and his family on my visit last weekend, and went home with a dream bike that somehow far, far, exceeds my (very high) expectations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

Jazzzzz is probably having heart palpitations because they aren't the exact color code of orange that KTM uses ( he did a fantastic job on this biek). :D

Well the factory valve stem caps weren't the right color of orange either so you're not doing any worse than the mothership. Glad you like the bike, and glad it's gone to someone who will ride the hell out of it!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

SpookyMoto

Getting them cut so they would bend properly took some trial and error. I'm glad I had bright orange zip ties on hand. Blends in perfectly.

Showin' off

This bike makes me happier than I thought a bike could. :perfect:

Many thanks to Jazzzz for selling me this bike. I had a blast with him and his family on my visit last weekend, and went home with a dream bike that somehow far, far, exceeds my (very high) expectations.

Awesome. Being the friendly neighborhood supermoto is great.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha, there is no more seasonally appropriate bike than a ktm adorned with pumpkins

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ready to scare.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

SpookyMoto

Don't you mean hand gourds?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

N is for Nipples posted:

loving hell

I love it

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Coydog you seem like a fun guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

N is for Nipples posted:

:eyepop:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanks for all the kind words. Hand gourds are working out great, and don't shift or cause anything weird with the bars on the highway.

PaintVagrant posted:

Coydog you seem like a fun guy

Thank you! I try to be.

N is for Nipples posted:

Hahahaha Gonna use this. Gonna have a real gourd time with it.

Tubes on the side looked awful and blocked my feet from the controls when riding. Decided to give the front mount a try again. Wrapping the tube in bike inner tube, the metal zip ties had more to set into, and the tube shifted less. Then, I upped the redundancy with three normal zip ties per side, alternating holes for off center anchor points. Looks great from afar, but up close the zip ties don't look premium. Looks better than before, and more minimal in keeping with the bike. There is a reason why I did a 16 hour round trip to pick up this exact bike, and I want to keep it set up to that standard.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

N is for Nipples posted:

I rode my friend's on some forrestry trails last year, so much fun. Perfect gearing/manueverability/seat height for me for light trail riding. I'd love to get one sometime.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Coydog posted:

SpookyMoto

Awwww yissss hand gourd team

I've since sold the bike, but I still have the pumpkins. I'd probably try to put them on my BMW if I was allowed to ride. recovering from neck surgery

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Ditched the dadly KLR and picked something else up.

It's a lot of fun.

Beaucoup Cuckoo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 30, 2016

dema
Aug 13, 2006

The old Street Triple. Could have used hand gourds or heated grips this morning.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I have both, and highly recommend them. That's a fantastic shot, and a beautiful bike! Where are you, again? Some utopia near the rockies, or in montana?

kuffs posted:

Awwww yissss hand gourd team

I've since sold the bike, but I still have the pumpkins. I'd probably try to put them on my BMW if I was allowed to ride. recovering from neck surgery

Yes!!! I feel like you were the one who, years ago, planted the seed of hand gourd desire in my brain.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Ditched the dadly KLR and picked something else up.

It's a lot of fun.

A cool bike and a strong contender for the worst photo of a vehicle I've seen. Like it looks like you accidentally triggered the camera while you were walking past or something.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Coydog posted:

I have both, and highly recommend them. That's a fantastic shot, and a beautiful bike! Where are you, again? Some utopia near the rockies, or in montana?

Yes!!! I feel like you were the one who, years ago, planted the seed of hand gourd desire in my brain.

I don't think I can take that credit. That photo is just from last year. And I got the idea from *someone else* on the forum.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.

Slavvy posted:

A cool bike and a strong contender for the worst photo of a vehicle I've seen. Like it looks like you accidentally triggered the camera while you were walking past or something.

Ha. I was just excited. I agree with you.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Northern Arizona fall colors!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Virgil Vox posted:

Northern Arizona fall colors!

Arizona? Does not compute. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Not all of Arizona is a hellish desert wasteland populated only as proof of mans hubris