Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

oh god what have i done?
My wallet is $1300 bucks lighter and my porch is now twice as crowded.
Picked it up with a no start issue, 2 new spark plugs later and it runs like a dream.

It's so cute though :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/kevlar+motorcycle+jeans/tour+master_cortech+mod+leather-reinforced+denim+jeans

No other jeans matter. :love:

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

blugu64 posted:

Whatever dude.

There is literally no reason for me not to own a pair of these. If I ever encounter a white and green bush, I will blend in perfectly.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Z3n posted:

Absolutely:

Whawhawha what is this????

Knee dragging? Not on the track?!?!?!?1 IN CYCLE ASYLUM?

You need to slow it down, mister. Save that pace for the track.

edit: if this is on the track, then merci!!!!

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

-Inu- posted:

Z3n crashes.

Fixed this. :thurman:

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

Put 550mi on it today, I need to do something about the M4 GP, I still have a headache after being home for 6 hours. :(

Best headphones ever.

Can do >450mi days without my ears bothering me at all with these in

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

A Duck! posted:

How's the hearing with them in during traffic? I've been thinking about one of those J&M Bluetooth helmet kits, but I really don't like the receiver hanging off the side of the helmet. Running a cord down into my jacket isn't that bad for ear buds I guess.

I've got a GSMX1 Chatterbox and a set of earbuds. Honestly, I only take the chatterbox out on group rides and leave it off the rest of the time. The er-6i's are great overall, though you won't hear anything in traffic if you've got the volume on at all. Your mileage may vary, but I don't really see a need for hearing in traffic. I've never run into an instance where if only I could have heard the car, I'd have been safe.

BlackMK4 posted:

I have a wireless controller for my iPod that I got for like $15. Pretty nice for turning the music down in traffic - and I already have those Etymotics :(

Oh drat. Did you try switching to a different tip? Might make a world of difference.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

oh god what have i done

Picking it up tomorrow, will post more pics later.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

Let me know if you ever make it up to the Phoenix area ;)

I'll actually be up in Phoenix tonight and tomorrow with the new toy.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Couple terrible cell phone pics:

I'm actually seriously concerned that it wants to eat my soul. Bike has stupid amounts of power compared to the SV.

that one guy chad fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 1, 2011

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Z3n posted:

Honestly...the KTM is a really great bike, but after something like 24 chain drive bikes and a shitload of miles, I'm just really tired of lubing chains. The GL500 shafty was pretty cool for that. I got offered an oddball trade on the KTM and decided to go for it.

I guess I got close with the Austrians, but what I really needed was some Bavarian quality. :shobon: Also, I'm a sucker for stacked headlights. Maybe I'll buy a KTM 300cc 2t woods bike to keep some orange in my life. Plus, yaknow, no chance of getting arrested on my commute on this bad boy. Growing up, bit by bit!

Garmin, aerostitch and piaa are in your future, also a career in dentistry. Good luck.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

I did a thing. :allears:

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

theperminator posted:

It's beautiful!

Do you know what brand those frame sliders are?

The frame sliders say LSL on them, so maybe that's the brand?

SaNNCHeZZ posted:

Those things you said.
I managed to find this one seriously about 5 minutes from my house with similar mileage, mods and price. P. sweet.

Z3n posted:

A JERK THING
Take it back. :colbert:
Seriously though, I owned the same bike as backpanther for a year now, I should be okay :smugdog:

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

that one guy chad fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 28, 2017

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

I did a thing. Out with the VFR, in with ridiculous italian motorcycles.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

how many pairs of girls pants do you think would fit in that? As a V-Strom owner, you need to be prepared for this.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Saturday, I bought a new motorcycle for my wife.

It's an '09 Street Triple with 2800 miles on it. As you can see, when I purchased it, it was a black motorcycle. The bike was black because the previous owner thought the bike would look SO MUCH BETTER if he plastidipped all the cool metallic triumph parts. While this photo makes it look somewhat decent... rest assured that it looked like a rattle can paint job with ghost triumph images. So, we peeled it off.

(hangin with my tuono)

Bike looks mondo better with the stock paint. I'm actually a bit impressed with how easily the plastidip peeled off. It only took a team of 3-4 of us about 10-15 minutes to peel it all off and make it look like a proper motorcycle again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

MetaJew posted:

This may be true for the cost of the bike itself, but I've found, as a late 20s male with zero accidents or speeding tickets, that insurance for a 600/675 is 3-4x more expensive than what I'm paying for my SV650, which is also more than I paid for my KTM sumo.

That part of the cost of ownership was part of why I didn't buy a 600.

I pay $62/mo for full comprehensive on my Tuono. I was paying $120/mo for my Daytona 675.
Buy a tuono.