Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Sagebrush posted:

It's very classy of DigitalJesus to avoid mentioning that that's a $23,000 motorcycle and there are probably less than 100 of them in all of the USA :v:

Really? They're 14k new here in GA

http://www.mmsmarietta.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06026422X5K12K2014J11I46I28JPMQ1466R0&veh=337081&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2013

wrong model?

RE: That x-bow vs rc8r video. omg that thing is a death missile. so cool

Razzled fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
My dad got his CTX today. It is SUCH a dad-mobile. It's pretty drat cool though!

http://instagram.com/p/oeO0ssnD0t/

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Wow that's a gorgeous job! How much did it cost from start to finish if you don't mind me asking?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
So I rallied the gang up for a photo...

I also took the Ninja for a spin and MAN I much prefer my DRZ. The friction zone was waaaaay too small, I like pulling in the clutch halfway on my DRZ and still being able to roll. Also the foot position felt very weird and I couldn't make my mind up whether I should be laying on the tank or sitting up. I liked how the big tank felt though, it felt very secure to squeeze the tank with my legs through curves.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slavvy posted:

Oh dear.

When it rains it fuckin pours, my dear Slavvy :getin:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Hahaha holy poo poo that's awesome. WAAAAAGGGGHHHHH1

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Captain Muffin posted:

Cluster?

Let's see. Speedo / Odometer. A light that comes on to tell you that you *might* be in neutral and a nice light to tell you have full beams on, oh and some indicators! Figure revs, fuel, gears and engine temp out for yourself!

someone never rode a drz

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
A very large bouncer with a penchant for... pink grips.

lol.

Cool bike though!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Flossin' HARD for the first rideable rays of shine this year

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Akion posted:

I'm imagining that ride up GA400 from ATL to be so fun* on a DRZ.

*not fun at all.

It's not bad, I actually enjoy the ride up SR9. The country roads are a nice change of pace. I do avoid GA400 though, or any highways if possible.

I tried commuting on the DRZ once and I just worried about oil the entire way. So now I just do the ninja for commuting

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

clutchpuck posted:

Ninjas have oil too.

The ninja also has 6 gears and a much more lax replacement schedule

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Supermoto group ride to Walking Dead filming location!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
The mailbox calls to you

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Giblet Plus! posted:

washed bike, applied SC1 clear coat

That looks real nice, I ought to do the same thing to mine

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
My mom wanted me to go to Easter service with her... So I went.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Empty the airbox and probably drain the carb a bit through the drain screw on the bottom of the carb.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

revmoo posted:

This is so true. I drove the 300 yesterday after an oil change around the block without gear on and it was incredible, mostly due to the lack of gloves. Now I'm looking to replace my $75 gloves with something better.
I'll never understand people who *like* riding without gloves. The throttle feels tiny and unwieldy without them in my hands. I much prefer using gloves.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
woah woah woah, i want dirt wheels for my drz400sm

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
cheesebot sell me wheels

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Haha did you get a powder coated rack in WHITE???

You rebel, you

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ola posted:

The word about that status is that it is right. That FZ6 look has the sleekest and meanest (and notably, least retarded) face and tail of all bikes, 10 years up and down. And not in an aggressive, smash-through-a-red-brick-wall-on-a-teenagers-bedroom-poster kind of way, but in a lithe, elegant, path-of-least-resistance, dashing, élan kind of way. Possible exception tail-wise for the BMW R1100S, possible exception face-wise for the Triumph Tiger 1050. But both those bikes look retarded at the other end, so the FZ6 wins.

Nah half faired looks dumb

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

captainOrbital posted:

Finally got out to the junkyard. :(

Note the angle of the forks and the half-missing footpeg.

still better than a buell

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Nice, that thing looks so cool. Incremental improvements be damned, the current CRF is a nice looking bike

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Gixxers get a bad rap and they are also suzukis but they are the coolest looking jap sport bike by far imo

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

A sign of things to come ;)

I mean c'mon, you can't not do it

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
It's a good way to get shot in the face with a shotgun in the south

Edit: so I did a thing today

It is possibly the greatest thing ever created by mortal engineering

Razzled fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 29, 2016

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

BlackMK4 posted:

Wheelie couches are the poo poo. Enjoy it. Bleed the clutch and rear brake very often, the engine cooks the fluid. Gabbro chip is worth it. I see you already have second gen mirrors, good.

Not sure if it's a gabbro chip but it has the factory titanium racing pipe on it and some chip installed to make it work better. And yeah the mirrors are great.

Only thing I have to do is cut the throttle grip. PO put oury grips on which are nice but the throttle one is too long and causes the throttle to stick sometimes

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
there are none from what i can tell

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
You bought the wrong italian

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ibexaz posted:

After two and a half years, I'm back on the road.

There's some things I want to do with it, but drat does it feel good to be back on a bike.

things like throw it into the dumpster?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
that might help

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slavvy posted:

TBH it seems like all it needs is a decent fork, brake, fender and the pegs in a more reasonable place and it'd be a pretty cool bike to dick around on.

Stop trying to be nsap, nobody's impressed.

if he wants echo chamber SWEET BIKE BRO comments he should post on reddit

this is CA and that bike looks like poo poo

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
im so jealous that f350 looks bad rear end

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

cursedshitbox posted:

Its legitimately a fun bike. Low-gearing on most any thumper rules

14/44 sm. there isn't much difference between the two in shift points.

it doesnt really blind/bother me. doesnt leave a outline either because lolchinesium lightbar that just farts light. as long as the main beam works, I'm p okay with this.

What's your comfortable topspeed on 14/44? I just ordered a 44t rear so I'm gonna try 15/44 and see how it wheelies from there. I'm on stock motor with 160/25 keihin carb and a full pipe though

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Rode this yesterday, dad traded in his NC700 for it

It's the DCT version which dampers it a little bit in my eyes, but he only wants to ride DCT bikes.

I've not ridden one of these big adv touring bikes before so it was an interesting experience. He's a shorter man so he had the lower seat thrown on and set to the lowest setting which achieves a 2-3" drop without messing with lowering links or anything else. The net result is that it's easier to mount and rest at stop than my DRZ in dirt config (21/18).

I only did a short 10 minute ride without figuring out all the buttons and poo poo so I apparently missed out on the fun mode. I think I would need to ride it in sport 3 mode with TC off to get the full experience :rad: It felt very stable in corners for a 520 lb bike on 21/18s but I also wasn't tossing it around like the DRZ, it being new and all.

Everything else is pretty standard, it's a ptwin that's smooth as poo poo but can pull pretty hard if you're aggressive on the throttle, the electronics were pretty impressive. The throttle felt a bit loose though and not as responsive as my Tuono. If you whammed on it hard from stop it felt like there'd be a .5-1 second delay before anything starts happening.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

A MIRACLE posted:

Is starter sprag really the name of a bike part

Yeah it looks like a little bracelet of angled bearings held together by a circle spring.

I just had to replace it on the Tuono cause it started tearing itself apart after some bad starts from a few months ago on an old battery

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

deliverator posted:

Hey speaking of Italian bikes, I bought a thing to replace my stolen ZX14R. I will forever mourn my Ninja but I've moved on with my life.

Monster 1200S. So far it's pretty awesome. Sounds badass. I'm happy.

nice. welcome.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Have you tried not being short

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Shadowlz posted:

I bought a pair of platform shoes, hopefully that works out. I'm just used to having a bike 100 pounds lighter that I could flat foot. Parking space is becoming a real issue at my house.

no joke i'm 6'1 and i had some issues with mounting/planting foot at stops on the DRZ with the dirt wheels on it (37" seat height) that was solved by MX boots. solid 1.x inches of lift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

High Protein posted:

Talking about short people and side stands, this chick I once rode with got on her GS800 by stepping up on the left side peg while it was on the side stand, looked sketchy to me but if it works...

i doubt there is anything wrong with this method, i do it all the time on my drz