Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

First bike picked up today. 1994 Suzuki GS500E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Sagebrush posted:

I always like those because they look like a Hawk GT, but not. :)

I bought one of these instead of a hawk gt or a nighthawk. I figured I would murder myself on a Nighthawk 750.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Went for a ride and parked next to this. I couldn't resist taking a picture with it. ITS SO TINY.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Why do people continuously ruin viragos instead of buying a bike that isn't slow?

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
True at least it wasn't another Honda that was the victim this time.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
People should get over comments on the internet. Plenty of people hate my bike. I ride a GS500e.

SHOULD HAVE GOT A SV650.
SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A 600.
LOL SUZUKI.

Now should I get a cafe seat and some M bars guys? I do live in Austin.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Jose Pointero posted:

Decided to get out and do a little exploring on my trusty steed after being sick with bronchitis all week. I live in north central Austin, and believe it or not I found this about 15 minutes away from my house. I think I'll call it "my happy place". Click for pretty:

And at the end of the trail, a cooling pond for an LP/Solar power plant. You can see the panels across the pond:

It's all free to roam as far as I can tell, didn't see any signs, gates, fences, anything. I pretty sure I'm hooked on dual-sport bikes now guys, I don't think I can go back to anything else :ohdear:

Hi Austin goon. I ripped up 360 for a bit today and was told I had to pay 10 dollars to pull into the 360 boat ramp parking lot. I laughed at the lady and then went down the private road right next to her instead.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Nitramster posted:

Ugh please stop posting that wart.

I dunno.. I kind of like it. I think there is something wrong with me.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Whatever my :c00lbert: Cool Uncle Busa :c00lbert: lets me drink whatever soda I want.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Also the best part about my picture is that no one has told me how bent my bars are.
super loving bent

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Seik posted:

First bike, 2007 Suzuki GS500F bought last July.

Just put a deposit down on this sucker, 2015 Triumph Street Triple R:

That is a GS500F in rare form... meaning it actually has its fairings. 90% of them I see are missing their fairings after only 3 years.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

evensevenone posted:

Got this this week, pretty stoked. No, I don't know what happened to the fairing, but I didn't want it anyway.

Its probably a conversion. It is a real popular thing for people to do after they drop the bike the first time. Its easier to buy a headlight from a GS500E than it is to buy an expensive set of fairings.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

A month later it is finally home.

It was stolen by some young kid and mangled with a screw driver. He was dumb enough to leave the plates on it and it got called in. After several weeks of waiting for parts and dealing with the insurance company its finally home. The only damage to the bike was 2 bulbs, all three locks, and they stole my suzuki toolkit. :argh:

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

:unsmith:

Did you have to pay theft coverage back to the insurance company?

No I just paid my 250 dollar deductible. They paid the shop a check for the difference and my impound fee.

Slavvy posted:

Huzzah. I think if you sell the blast you should be able to buy new lock hardware and keys with proceeds, maybe, depending on parts prices in your area.

I don't have a Blast. This is a Suzuki GS500e. The Blast belonged to a neighbor at my apartment complex. It just proves no one wants a Buell Blast.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

KARMA! posted:

Is that a silverwing?? Nice.

It always nice to see one that hasn't been turned into this:

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
I went for a trek around the Austin, TX area. I road in some stupid wind but overall had a blast.

Here is babbys first offroad trail.. even if it was a short one

I also parked next to a drat that holds a lake in that barely exists.

And by the looks of the rust on my exhaust someone needs to paint his exhaust.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Mariana Horchata posted:

After a stint riding and screwing around with mopeds I bought my brother's hand me down old Honda dual-sport as a learner bike as he just picked up a brand new DR-Z400SM.

It's a 1987 Honda XL250R, bought for someone in the original owner's family, hardly used, and then stored away inside for the majority of the past 20+ years until my bro spotted it parked in a driveway in the "for sale" position and after a couple days just stopped by and made an offer. I registered it right around 700 miles at the end of March after getting my permit and it s now approaching 2,500mi

All it needed shortly after he bought it was a new CDI, the dual carbs were rebuilt while trying to figure out why it wasn't running right (CDI), and then given a good lookover/shakedown last year at the local Honda shop while getting a sticker. With it in my hands it's now wearing a fresh set of Kenda K761s in place of the originals so it could pass inspection. My intention beyond getting experience with street riding is to just leave it stock and all original (ok maybe have a few plastic bits repainted, and perhaps cover up a few blemished areas with stickers), and just use it as my local means of solo transportation and ride into the office at least half the week - and if all goes well roll the odometer up to 10,000+ miles by the end of the Summer (dino Rotella T 15W40 and OEM filter changes at ~1,000mi intervals sounds like a real good idea with the RFVC motor and how I've been working it so far).

I've put on close to 2,000mi already since getting it at the beginning of Spring, piece by piece acquired a pretty decent set of gear that is appropriate for the riding I will mostly be doing, and so far so good. I love the thing and once up to proper temp it sounds incredible going through the gears for an old single that is 100% stock.

Can't get enough of this bike.

I hope you bought a set of these to go with it

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Got a little lost today, but found the Pedernales River in Texas. Its still a little flooded.

I'm torn on selling the GS500. Its been such a good bike and I'll be lucky to ever own something as reliable as this lovely Suzuki.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Slavvy posted:

Fuuuck yooooouuuu.

It's the golden era of time capsule bikes atm it seems.

Its easily the cleanest first gen I have ever seen used.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

nsaP posted:

I'm sorry you may have confused us with Reddit

I wonder if she has a name. They always have a name on reddit.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Gorson posted:

After being biekless for nearly a month I picked this up for $1900:

3500mi, Yoshi R77 slip on, frame sliders. It's pretty loud....

great buy for 1900

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Just scored this '05 KLR. My first bike. Really loving excited to go camping with this thing.

Newbie proof cage. Nice bike.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
If you add a tag will the picture get smaller? yes it will.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
I replaced one lovely Suzuki with another one.

Old poo poo

New poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Slim Pickens posted:

Try adding this to your ad:

NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT

Just like every Bandit ad in Texas...