Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

ALFbrot posted:

This is more of a creativity application than a game, but it's worth a shot:

Old DOS application, I'm thinking either EGA or VGA graphics, that allowed you to create animated scenes by placing sprites in a background, sort of like Mario Paint but almost definitely earlier.

I distinctly remember a sprite animation of an anthropomorphic hamburger kind of puking up a tomato, but I can't say for certain it was built-in to the app, as my dad used to do some weird poo poo and I was pretty young.

Could it be Commodore 64? I had a game like this back in the day, Movie Maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
I just had a memory of a polygonal space combat sim I got off my BBS back in the early-mid 90s. I don't remember textures. I thought it was named something like "Geometry Wars" or "Grid Wars" but apparently I'm mixing that up with a far newer game.

Fake edit: LINE WARS! Posting this anyway to spread awareness.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

ConfusedPig posted:

I’m trying to figure out the name of a primitive FPS a la wolfenstein 3D (ie. 2.5d, everything is on the same plane). I think it was fantasy themed, you fired colorful projectiles but you didn’t see your weapon/hand. There were I think at least some rpg lite mechanics, at the very least some kind of shop system where you could by weapons/upgrades, maybe even keys and other things.

Strife?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

ymgve posted:

This has been bugging me for a while - there is a game area that I remember, but not which game:

Basically an island with a cove - there's a (paved?) road coming from the other side of the island, and a pretty big tavern by the base of the mountain. And I think there was some secret path from the back of the tavern up the mountain or something? Also, you could travel to other smaller islands (seem to remember by air, but might have been by sea) but I seem to remember it was hard to navigate due to fog.

I think it was a 3D platformer of some kind, but it might have been a RPG too. (It's not Booty Bay from WoW)
Long shot, but is this Outset Island from Wind Waker?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
What about Stellar 7 or Nova 9?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Zathril posted:

God, I played the demo of this for hours as a kid.

I actually registered this way back in 1995 or so.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

eonwe posted:

I remember playing a game on...maybe Windows 95. It was sort of around the time I played Castle of the Winds. It was a lot like Advance Wars. You had a top down voew of a grid based map and had tanks and stuff.

Anyone know wtf this was

This probably isn't it, but it led me to another question. There was a BBS door game with a graphical client around this time, I remember it being somewhat similar to Civilization, and I thought the name had Iron or Steel or Metal or something in it, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Shocked I didn't find this on my own, thanks. I ran it for a time on my BBS but it didn't catch on at all.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
Back in the mid/late 80s, maybe 86-89? Somewhere in there. I remember a program for whatever computer my school was using with a skeleton, and you had to drag where all the bones belong. I think it played a bad speaker version of "the hip bone's connected to the .." etc. Long shot but any ideas?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Wow, thanks, this almost has to be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Danaru posted:

Sorry for being vague as poo poo, but it's an NES game, the only screen I remember was a window showing a cool 8 bit planet and another window beside it showing some data about it. I remember the vibe being that was the main gameplay, almost like a 4X. Honestly I'm not even sure if this happened, I might have dreamt this, but I also remember playing Bionic Commando for the first time on the same system so it was definitely nes

Potentially Star Voyager?