Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redimp
Mar 28, 2006
Property of SlinkyAvenger
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364970/

(Edit: Action - forgot to include in title sorry)

The opening monologue from Vin Diesel sets the standard for the movie, horrible script and even worse acting. Perhaps it would flow better if you have read the book, but I found the plot ludicrous and full of gaping holes that can't be ignored.

Having said the above I don't mind a bit of action thrown about and this movie has it in spades, if only the camera was held still enough during the scenes to properly appreciate it.

Overall, a pretty terrible movie with just enough action to stop you from falling asleep.

1.5/5

Redimp fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedMarauder
Jun 24, 2005
He who watches his back meets death from the front.
Oh lord... Where to begin. It was awful. If I had seen it for free I would have still felt cheated.

I think the best way to sum up this movie was said by a critic on Rottentomatoes... the movie is spoiler proof. I could tell you anything about this movie and it wouldn't matter, because the whole drat thing makes no sense at all! A lot of things happen, but you don't know why.. and one part doesn't flow to the next. Major events are completely ambiguous and never explained. I *still* only have a loose idea of the plot and I just watched the thing..

I suppose you could say the special effects are pretty cool.. but you just don't care.. when you don't understand why anything is happening and its simply special effects for the sake of special effects, what does it matter?

Plain Bagels
Sep 13, 2008
Obviously the director was the only one who actually understood the plot, and it seems like he has no intention on filling you in. That being said the plot had potential to be interesting but the movie seems more intent on showing you recycled scenes from Die Hard 4.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Holy poo poo this movie is terrible.

Terrible pacing, the music is forgetful, and Vin feels so wooden in this. It went from "ok lets make sure I get the job done no matter what" to "ok gently caress the job let's risk my life for people i've known for 6 days and get emotionally attached in that time".

The story didn't even make sense and I was confused up until the ending as to the purpose the stuff in the movie had, which didn't seem like it actually did.

1/5