Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Bugdrvr posted:

What do you guys think of this bike? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/870760871.html

I've been realizing that I'm probably going to get killed sooner rather than later trying to ride my little 350 on the freeways around here.
People here are by far the most terrible terrible drivers I've ever encountered and very aggressive to boot. I need some evasion power and the little Honda is just about topped at 85 which is what most traffic seems to be flying by me at.

I don't know a thing about these older Suzukis beside the fact that I love the wonderful '80s look of it.

What? are you in San Diego now?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

VERTiG0 posted:

Suzuki SFV-650 Gladius
Aprilia Shiver 750
Kawasaki ER-6N
Triumph Street Triple
Ducati Monster 696

My heart really says the Monster, but the wallet and brain both cry for the Kawasaki... It'll be used for commuting and going everywhere when it's not raining, and I've got a car if something happens. Insurance is exactly the same on all 5 bikes (kinda weird, but I'm not complaining).

What would you guys do?

I liked my Ninja 650 a lot (same as ER-6n). The motor was very torquey but still pulled hard to the redline. It sounded like crap stock because the exhaust was so muffled, but with a Akropovich it sounded totally badass. It handled very well, I had it on the track a couple times and was killing people on 600RR and 1000RR's ( C group :) ). It was totally reliable and comfortable and I rode it nearly everyday for my 40 mile commute.

The ER6N has that absolutely hideous headlight and fairing/gauge pod garbage, but if you can get over that I'm sure you'd love it

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I've wanted an 06-07 CBR1000 for a while now, even though I've never even ridden one :shobon: I love the looks and the power and the fact thats it's a Honda. I'm seriously starting to look now and I really want a Repsol, but I'd settle for a red or black one.

Anyone have advice on these bikes?

How does this look for a deal? It's in LA so it's a few hours away :(
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/1841234718.html

email:
"Up until two weeks ago, the bike was like brand new. I was moving it literally from my garage to the outside patio and laid it down lightly... the damage is truly minimal and it is only on the plastic. in the pictures I've provided you a shot of the damage."

I'm not sure what a premium the Repsols should get over a regular 06-07 CBR1k

I'm looking at this bike tomorrow, located a lot closer, hopefully I'll get a test ride to see if I actually like these things

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1843895374.html

quote:

Hey,
Here is a list of the upgrades on the bike as well as the extras I will include for the sale.
But right up front let me tell you something... last tuesday night one of my friends knocked the bike over. >:-[ I actually managed to catch it on the way down but the right side mirror and passenger fairing touched the ground. The damage is absolutely minimal. There is a small scratch in the passenger fairing which I am going to buff out ASAP. Other than that there are a couple small scratches on the swing arm from the pit stand. This bike is in AMAZING condition. You should come check it out!

double bubble black windshield
-no scratches or cracks
tech spec tank pads (for holding on to the gas tank with your legs)
powder coated passenger pegs
jardine rt-1 carbon fiber exhaust
-super loud with great tone
flush mounted front turn signals
-smoked black with yellow LEDs
integrated rear turn signals
-brake light has yellow LEDs on left and right sides that act as signals.
-ive never been pulled over for the signals
fender eliminator kit with license plate holder
-allows you to legally mount the license plate right above the rear wheel
narrow/lightweight sprockets and chain
-sprockets and chain have about 3k miles on them
-takes about 8lbs off of the drivetrain
-stock gearing is installed right now but i will include "down 1 in the front and up 3 in the back"
-I put the stock gearing back on b/c it was way too fast with the upgraded gearing. scared the crap out of me.
dual compound rear tire with 2.5k miles on it.
-hard rubber in the middle/sticky rubber on the sides.
- LOTS of life left in the tire.
black bobbins for mounting the bike in pit stands
slipper clutch
-downshifting is super smooth. keeps you from locking the rear wheel during downshift.
I will be including the following stuff as well:
-honda racing jacket size large (used maybe once or twice)
-hardcover service manual
- extra sprockets

so here is the deal with this bike. it is in pristine condition. it runs at exactly 178-180 degrees all the time. every single turn signal and light on the bike works. it shifts super smooth. it starts every time without hesitation. ive used it almost entirely for riding back and forth to work and visiting friends in LA. ive taken care of this bike fanatically. i changed the oil and filter way more often than you have to. i lube the chain every 500 miles. I am in love with this bike and would keep it if i could.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I really have had good luck with Honda and bad luck with Kawi and Suzuki.

And the 08+ CBR is just hideous IMO. Considering the level of rider I am (very mid-range) I don't think I would appreciate the slight advantages of anything else enough for it to matter. Plus I'll admit it, I'm really wanting the 06-07 for almost purely aesthetic reasons

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Z3n posted:

You're gonna like the bike when you test ride it regardless because it's a literbike, but I'd recommend riding a modern GSX-R and the 08+ CBR1000RR before you buy one.

haha just test rode the black 07 and drat you are correct. I love it. so much power it's insane. Makes my F4i feel like a squishy Ninja 250 now :-/

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

shaitan posted:

The wife just bought an ER-6n, riding style is pretty close to the 250. It's a bit taller and still got some balls. The engine is the same as the Ninja 650.

I had a Ninja 650r as my second bike after a year on a Ninja 250 and it was the perfect next bike for me. Still comfortable and easy to ride, but real power to go with it

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

unf i want this bike

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2477345833.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Is this a good deal for a GS1100e?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3844924183.html

Seems like it's been cared for by a pretty spergy owner so that's a plus.

I'm hoping Neroboro will chime in :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Nerobro posted:

$2800 seems a fair price. I'd want to see the damage on the tank, and "the better tank." I don't expect you'd have problems. They had the r/r issues settled by then. The brake setup seems unique, I've not seen that before.

Thanks! I'll try and check it out