Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Alas poor Revzilla, I knew thee well. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

lol cycle gear isn't that bad

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

ain't from around here are ya.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Alas poor Revzilla, I knew thee well. :smith:

Same. Now to find someone new to part ways with paychecks.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As a cyclegear employee. gently caress cyclegear.

A MIRACLE posted:

It's actually a pretty lovely company.

Seriously they've been saved from bankruptcy at least twice.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 6, 2016

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

A MIRACLE posted:

Ours carries at least 75% CG brand stock.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

A MIRACLE posted:

don't take kindly to your folk 'round these parts :bahgawd:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Nnnooooooooooooo

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Yeah that's pretty sad news.

I mean, Cycle Gear isn't the most terrible thing... but it's not great.
I bought a Shoei from them when they opened in Springfield a few years ago.

In contrast I have probably spent 10x as much money at RevZilla.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

*cut to Anthony holding back tears as he holds up a 2017 Bilt jacket*

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Revzilla is cool as heck and I hope they don't get messed with, but I have a couple of Bilt articles of clothing (the Explorer waterproof pants and boots) and they're not that bad.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Revzilla is cool as heck and I hope they don't get messed with, but I have a couple of Bilt articles of clothing (the Explorer waterproof pants and boots) and they're not that bad.

The beef is less that Bilt and Sedici exist, and more that Bilt/Sedici are just about the entire stock in their stores. Budget gear has its place, but going into a store and that's all they have kind of sucks.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Maybe Cyclegear wants them for their premium online sales.
That said, I buy from Sportbike Track Gear even though it takes longer to get stuff from them.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Marxalot posted:

The beef is less that Bilt and Sedici exist, and more that Bilt/Sedici are just about the entire stock in their stores. Budget gear has its place, but going into a store and that's all they have kind of sucks.

I bought a Sedici backpack. It's not bad, but I wouldn't but any of their actual "protective" gear.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
A friend of mine is letting me borrow his still-street-legal track-rat SV650 for the week while I'm waiting on parts to fix my car. This might finally be the thing that gets me to sell a car for a bike.

I'm so goddamn excited to be able to ride semi-regularly this week, but this constant poo poo-eating-grin is starting to hurt my face.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

I have a Sedici one-piece and it's OK. I don't have a good frame of reference because I haven't tried anything better, but the leathers and stitching feel pretty solid. I'm confident it'd save my skin from a 60-70mph spill.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Righto, I am going to Iceland for a week in May and heavily considering renting a motorcycle for 4-6 days. Costs about $1k, and includes insurance, cases, bike, etc...

Anyone done this? Any suggestions or anything I should know?

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Akion posted:

Righto, I am going to Iceland for a week in May and heavily considering renting a motorcycle for 4-6 days. Costs about $1k, and includes insurance, cases, bike, etc...

Anyone done this? Any suggestions or anything I should know?

It probably doesn't include gear, factor that in as well. Also make sure you have your international driving license in order. How far are you wanting to travel? Like a lease, they often have daily km limits for your rental time.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

I was recently in iceland in November and I rented a 1.0 Yaris with studded snows and it was great, but man was the weather unpredictable. Really strong winds, random ice and freezing rain and snow. Pretty brutal overall.

Still an incredible country and the best vacation I've ever been on hands down.

The summer would be much better for a bike there. I honestly don't recall seeing a single motorcycle while I was there. It's all just tiny micro hatchbacks and hilux's and defenders with super swampers.

EkardNT
Mar 31, 2011
What is the purpose of this tube on the bottom of my airbox housing? Part #24.

There are some letters on the side. STARTEL?

Could it be a drain for this weird goo that's inside the airbox? But the bottom of the tube is plugged...

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
it is a drain hose for the air box

or is it part #14?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

EX250 Type R posted:

it is a drain hose for the air box

or is it part #14?

yeah sometimes oil/fuel/moisture gets in there.
The drain tube collects the gunk and makes it easy to clean.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well, at least my site (ApriliaApe) has a use sometimes. :v:

EkardNT
Mar 31, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, at least my site (ApriliaApe) has a use sometimes. :v:

That's your site? That's awesome, thanks for maintaining it! But could you look into why the part diagrams are only visible the first time you load a section?

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'popover'
view.php (23,87)

The bad code is var $popover_togglers=this;$popover_togglers.popover(options); I'm guessing your popoverClosable function is getting called either as a free function or with call/apply and an unexpected 'this' object. Maybe you can bind() your popoverClosable function to the expected object.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You just sent me into the land of 'who the gently caress wrote this? oh, wait, me.' since I hadn't touched the site or desmoduck in well over a year. I'm going to take a look now. :) Thank you for pointing out the issue.

I think the actual issue is that I was trying to use a Foundation component on a Bootstrap site. The joys of looking at stuff you did while you were learning. I can't even remember where this thing is hosted.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 7, 2016

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Tactical Lesbian posted:

It probably doesn't include gear, factor that in as well. Also make sure you have your international driving license in order. How far are you wanting to travel? Like a lease, they often have daily km limits for your rental time.

Said unlimited mileage, not including gear but I have my own anyway. Website just said I needed a motorcycle license so I'll probably shoot them an e-mail to verify US is fine. I know when I lived in Germany, my US license was good enough.

Not really sure how far/where I'll go if I do it. Probably just cruise around for a few days but I dunno if May is suitable weather-wise.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Amazon Treasure Truck launched in Seattle yesterday and I scored a GoPro 4 Black for $170. BOOYA.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Second day biek trip report: :hawaaaafap:x1000

This poo poo is incredible. It's like getting high every time you twist the throttle. And this is only an SV650. The power of an I4 literbike seems almost incomprehensible and absolutely terrifying.

I think I might actually have to sell the Miata and get my own.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
One of us.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah, the torque on the SV should be regulated by the FDA. More enjoyable than the z1000 I rode back to back. And the miata feels like a paperweight after any biek. Do it Do it.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Beach Bum posted:

This poo poo is incredible. It's like getting high every time you twist the throttle. And this is only an SV650. The power of an I4 literbike seems almost incomprehensible and absolutely terrifying.

One hit and you're hooked!

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah that's pretty sad news.

I mean, Cycle Gear isn't the most terrible thing... but it's not great.
I bought a Shoei from them when they opened in Springfield a few years ago.

In contrast I have probably spent 10x as much money at RevZilla.

Oregon, breh?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Verge posted:

Oregon, breh?

VA. Although I'd probably fit right in out that way.
I've been called a lumber-sexual on multiple occasions.
I mean, I have a trim beard and some flannel, but I actually have to fell and split trees to keep my house warm so :shrug:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Beach Bum posted:

I was on my S1000XR today and sighing about how now it feels kinda slow. Like it's fast, but it's not that fast :(

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

I was on my S1000XR today and sighing about how now it feels kinda slow. Like it's fast, but it's not that fast :(

I think this is a disease that can only be cured by getting a bike with a powerful engine yet poo poo suspension.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slavvy posted:

I think this is a disease that can only be cured by getting a bike with a powerful engine yet poo poo suspension.

You can try that, I'm going to shoot for supercharger next.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Same thing. All suspension is garbage if you have enough power :getin:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
First ride to work today with the new Tuono. I love this thing. Power wheelie couch and my commute was half an hour from the normal hour and fifteen.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

BlackMK4 posted:

First ride to work today with the new Tuono. I love this thing. Power wheelie couch and my commute was half an hour from the normal hour and fifteen.

As a percentage, how much of it was on two wheels?

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Info is finally public:

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/letter-to-customers-revzilla-cycle-gear-details

https://www.revzilla.com/open-letter-to-customers-revzilla-cycle-gear-faq

Don't worry, the sky isn't falling yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

builds character posted:

As a percentage, how much of it was on two wheels?

:v: Real life