Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
So I'm doing a small poster and some flyers for an open mic thing. They asked me to have a file ready to print in both a small size (they said they print 4 per page on standard sized paper), and a larger size on 8.5X11 inch paper. I don't need to do the printing, just have the image file ready to go with text already on it.

I pretty much only work with traditional media. The most I do with computers and art is occasionally photograph my drawings for facebook. It sounds really dumb but I have no idea how to prepare this image to be printed the way they want.

The original piece is roughly 5.5 by 8.5. I have a pretty big JPG I scanned, but now I have literally idea what I need to do to make it look nice and printable with text that looks good in both sizes.

I am a luddite, help me so I can shuffle back off to the Thunderdome.

edit: Nevermind, figured it out. It turns out the secret is just to have a more technically proficient friend, and then whine at them relentlessly.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

Either I'm being trolled, or you guys seriously don't allow posters to crosspost stories from outside forums.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652666

Are you telling me that I'm self plagiarizing by reposting something I made no money on if it was also posted in another forum? Do they own it now or do you have to make sure that you own it? This continuous targeting of every little thing I do is ridiculous.

Ps. I think the people who brought this up are just continuing a flame started in the thunderdome. I'll still erase the thread if it's a problem.

Hi! To answer your question, it's just fine to crosspost stories from other places. We don't care about rights, previous publications, or anything!

The goal of posting stories is usually to get critiques. Sometimes, when people see that something has been posted other places online, they might wonder if you listen to the critiques you get. Critiques in CC are all done by amateur writers on their own time (with one or two exceptions like very helpful poster General Battuta), so it's good to be respectful and show that you're at least considering what they have to say.

Well, that's my post, cya.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Since I know most people stick to their bookmarks, I'm going to spam the busier threads with a link to the CC feedback thread

Snowy posted:

Is there a thread for jewelry makers? I have a slightly silly question about casting something in gold but I haven’t been able to find the right thread for it

I'd certainly welcome a thread like that!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

ryanrs posted:

Yes, I figured that out. But for future stuff, is there a relevant thread?

The digital art thread is probably your best bet.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Vulture posted:

Hello all. Would anyone here be willing to create a drawing for me? I am willing to pay.

I didn't see this post when I got posted but anyone who is willing to do a commission would probably prefer to respond in this thread!

I am not sure how many CC artists are doing commissions these days. It's also worth keeping an eye on SA mart.