Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
pointingdevice
Jun 10, 2004
Depending on how the current "talks" are going (if they are going, that is) the lawyer email could be golden.

I am pretty sure there were 3 scammers over the course of this thing. Interesting, but I think it's most interesting seeing how sloppy the job is/was. As stated previously, I'm sure most everyone in this thread has come up with at least one way of streamlining such a work flow to make the scams more believable/work better.

Weird. What's the world coming to?

Also, I enjoy the possibility of applying psychological issues on someone across the world. Delightful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

brylcreem posted:

To make this really epic?

Wait a few days and then send the following e-mail:

:colbert:

Do this.

edit: but not right on the spot - they need a bit time to discover the corpse, contact the lawyer, check his emails etc.

Onkel Hedwig fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 12, 2009

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

brylcreem posted:

This would be amazing.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

brylcreem posted:

This...

Is an amazing idea, and I support it whole-heartedly.

Brain in a Vat
Apr 9, 2007

brylcreem posted:

It would be a crime not to do this

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I started reading this thread around 5 a.m., it is now almost 12:30 p.m.

I've laughed. I've cried. This thread was absolutely brilliantly insane.

And the whole time I had to keep reminding myself that it was a scam from the very beginning.

Franco Spanish
Dec 20, 2007

"Is your mother a prostitute?"

Brain in a Vat posted:

It would be a crime not to do this

It's a great idea except it won't work. He already said he is talking to Mandy again, so she knows he isn't dead.

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Franco Spanish posted:

It's a great idea except it won't work. He already said he is talking to Mandy again, so she knows he isn't dead.
He never said who he was talking to Mandy as. He could be Asuka (if she died along with Ariel I missed it), or another relative.

e: or the estate's attorney.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Altarran posted:

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I may answer anything that DOESNT INVOLVE MY SISTER!!!!!!
lifebabyangelbitch

Pictures please, or you don't have a sister.

Edit: Baby, Please, Babe.

Brain in a Vat
Apr 9, 2007

Franco Spanish posted:

See, maybe I'm just nitpicky (there's a very good chance of that), but I thought he said that Mandy was talking to him, but not the other way around. As in, she's just sending messages to him (maybe while he appears offline?) but has no idea if he's getting them, since he's not responding.

That's how I understood it anyway, but I could be reading too much into it. If I'm right though, and "she" still hasn't heard from her baby, I still stand by my statement that it would be a horrible miscarriage of justice if he didn't forward her the message about everything that has been left to her.

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.
This thread was amazing, but seriously people. Saying baby/babe/whatever in your post got old after the first person did it.

Otis the Wondernerd
Aug 16, 2007

War's long done. We're all just folk now.
I, for one, don't give two shits whether or not any of this was dramatized. This thread has transcended mere scambaiting and become art, pure and enduring.

Bravo, Altarran, bravo. :golfclap:

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
This thread needs to be put in some sort of hall-of-fame or something. I'm DYING to find out who the gently caress this person is. I'm shocked that internet detectives haven't figured it out yet.

*satisfied sigh*

What a great ending. And that lawyer letter needs to happen.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Super Taranta! posted:

Will you shut the gently caress up and read the thread?

Yeah sure I'll just read all 19 pages of some dude fakeposting to see if anything interesting happened

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Yeah sure I'll just read all 19 pages of some dude fakeposting to see if anything interesting happened

Dude, it's GOLDed for a reason. Read the thread or just don't loving post, it's a waste of space.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

When it's already gold, you just shut the gently caress up and read, knowing it'll be well worth every moment of your precious life you spend on it.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Good :colbert:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
THREAD = GOLD

SACRED poo poo.

SACRED.

SHUT YOUR loving MOUTH human being, READ THIS poo poo, IT'S PRECIOUS.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

brylcreem posted:

Reverse Scam posted:

Dear Mrs. Mandy,

I am the lawyer for Mr. Damon Matthews and am as such charged with handling his estate after his death. In reading his will, I found that he had bequeathed a rather large sum of money to you plus a few personal items. The sum is $56.276 and 24 cents and the personal items consist of a comb, a nail clipper and a plasctic bag containing a white substance.

These items will be released to you, after paying the international Estate Tax, comprising 10% of the value of the estate.

Sincerely,

William P. Lotsamoney, Esq.

Provided she doesn't know you're still alive, this is a wonderful idea, although the tax rate is much too high (nofew scammers will spend the $5K). A better idea may be either a flat rate (~$200) or low rate (~1.375%, due to the global economic downturn, you understand)

Doctor Chef
Nov 3, 2005
"Clothes Pigs?"
Her facepaint is dry and it got on my head
Didn't have a condom so I used her red nose instead
There's a rodeo cowboy who's butt is real sore
With noone to save him from getting gored

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-baby
So lets all drink to the death of a clown
Wont someone help me to break up this crown
Lets all drink to the death of a clown

Her blood is staining my kitchen floor
"Excuses excuses," my angel says; bored.
There's a barber in London looking confused
As the Union man tells him he's owed three dollars due.

So lets all drink to the death of a clown
Wont someone help me to break up this crown

Dragonsven
Jan 29, 2006

I'm chill. I'm chill as a cucumber, man.
This poo poo isn't dead until you talk to her as your sister and she attempts to get money from her by saying she is bi-sexual and also likes girls. Once your sister kills herself in that story-line, you continue the scam by messaging her as a completely new person from OKCupid. This could potentially go on forever and it would be poetic justice because they would think they're getting close to scamming each one but never get any money out of it. They would just wonder why all the people they've been talking to lately keep killing themselves.

Tostito
Sep 5, 2007

life is good
It's a shame that the scammer keeps asking for money over and over. Scammers should consider reading up on the rules of attraction.

e: her coming off as so desperate is hilarious, though.

Tostito fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 12, 2009

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelson posted:

Provided she doesn't know you're still alive, this is a wonderful idea, although the tax rate is much too high (nofew scammers will spend the $5K). A better idea may be either a flat rate (~$200) or low rate (~1.375%, due to the global economic downturn, you understand)

Of course. An even better idea would be to not mention money at all in the e-mail, but instead have the scammer fill out some forms to be printed out, filled in by hand, and scanned and sent back. For proof of identity and show of cause for the International Transfer of Estate Monies, of course.

That way they won't realise they're being scammed back, so quickly.

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006
For legitmacy, you should spoof a law offices email address (fake name, but legit domain) just in case they actually check. There was some website that would let you make an email address that could be anything at anything and would keep it for I think like 48 hours? You could use that.

Vitae
Apr 12, 2004

MECH VITAE is already stupid.
Oh good, a love scammer!
I delt with these scumbags on a daily basis when I was working as a relay operator. They often send pictures of models to people and tell you they love you forever and all that.
Often times I relayed conversations between scummy love scammer and old men who were soooo happy to have such a beautiful woman love them.. it was sad knowing that these scammers were bleeding humble old men dry of their cash for a false promise of love. Of course being the relay operator I couldn't warn the poor sod not to send any money to the scammer or I'd lose my job, but boy did I want to.
I learned a lot about scammers and how they operate as well.

Have fun with this small boy, check out https://www.thescambaiter.com also.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
I am in favor of you finding another scammer and starting a whole new storyline, baby. I'm sure your sister would like to read over your shoulder while wearing her brand new dress.

psychoticmoose
Mar 30, 2006
fourty-four... four... "A."
Wow. Epic loving thread. 3.5 hours well wasted. The enigmatic sister bit was a good touch.

Tarradax
Jan 8, 2008

It will work!
Somewhere in South Africa: Damon noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (baby).

It's apparently 230am and I've read this thread from start to finish... This was awesome.

Walking Spanish
Dec 28, 2008

Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got

Tarradax posted:

Somewhere in South Africa: Damon noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (baby).

It's apparently 230am and I've read this thread from start to finish... This was awesome.

Your avatar and that quote match up pretty well

samoht
Jun 21, 2003
This really was awesome, and the lawyer idea definitely needs to be put to use. Awesome thread from start to finish!

testicle spectacles
Jan 1, 2005
Wow, this thread has been the best thing I've read on these forums in years. Altarran, you sir have renewed my faith in SA. Thank you.

Altarran
Apr 11, 2006

I LOVE YOU ARIEL!

testicle spectacles posted:

Wow, this thread has been the best thing I've read on these forums in years. Altarran, you sir have renewed my faith in SA. Thank you.

And we all have brandy and cigars!

I now have quite a few resources and am more prepared. I dont know if I can do it immediately but I am in contact with a beautiful woman in Russia that in her own words has, "I have gone to the Internet to find fair, serious relations which could increase in big and Pure LOVE."

I think there is a chance I could give her some Big Pure love....

It does require build up and some rest for me however. We are tired here and someone is complaining that I shake uncontrollably in my sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Altarran posted:

And we all have brandy and cigars!

I now have quite a few resources and am more prepared. I dont know if I can do it immediately but I am in contact with a beautiful woman in Russia that in her own words has, "I have gone to the Internet to find fair, serious relations which could increase in big and Pure LOVE."

but would you be able to increase if necessary?