Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

for you new folks there is a section at the bottom of this post summing up everything!! what you'll read right now is the original post, look for the separator at the bottom of the post for a summary

district

this is in the freerepublic thread but i feel it's important enough to warrant its own

Whilst farting I posted:

oh

my

godddddddddddddddddd

:siren: A MEMBER OF FREEREPUBLIC HAS WON THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY FOR THE 5TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS :siren:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2198483/posts

i don't know her screen name on there but we are going to see a freerepublic member in the special election held in a little over a month

edit: here we go

http://www.freerepublic.com/~chicagolady/

two more threads about her

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2197868/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2197839/posts

here is her thread history, threads she has posted

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:chicagolady/index?tab=comments;brevity=full;options=no-change

there's not that much to do - about 6-7 pages, and enough are in support of the minutemen to comprise of two full pages of that

here's a link to her posting history - unfortunately because freerepublic is coded as well as it's visually designed, there is no easy way to access her posts, it simply displays a list of threads in which she has posted

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:chicagolady/index?tab=comments;brevity=full;options=no-change

this is pretty extensive, she has posted in well over 2000 threads

search for yourself right now before they'll probably be deleted - what you don't need to worry about is archiving it, a script to do that is in the works and i know of at least two people doing it with download managers

anyway HERE IS THE POINT

i seriously don't know if you all realize the potential of this

as of right now a poster on freerepublic is the republican candidate for the 5th congressional district of illinois

the issue isn't whether or not she can win, the issue is that republicans are allowing people who will gleefully not only cater to, but interact with, the absolute loving craziest and hateful people - freerepublic resoundingly wants obama to fail - to represent their party

if some of the juiciest posts of hers are found, or she's found in a thread with some absolutely horrendous statements (shouldn't be hard) and doesn't object to them or replies to or agrees with them and it gets any kind of attention the democrats can simply reiterate THIS IS WHO THE REPUBLICANS WANT TO REPRESENT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

with all the brooha about rush right now and the party struggling to find its identity getting this any kind of attention can be brutal

i am absolutely dead loving serious when i say dig and dig deep

find some really good poo poo so we can send it to media outlets and make the republican party defend having somebody who posts regularly on freerepublic as a contender for a congressional seat

======================================================================================

:siren::siren::siren: what follows is a summary generously compiled by The Arsteia (the link to where it originally posted it is here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090771&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=26#post358889516)!!! :siren::siren::siren:

Rosanna Pulido is the Republican candidate running for the House seat of Illinois' 5th Congressional District (whose constituency is heavily Democratic), vacated by the Obama administration's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Pulito founded the Illinois Minutemen branch. She also posts on Free Republic as 'chicagolady.'

Keels brought this startling fact to light and saved htmls of all the threads in which Pulido posted (about two thousand!). more falafel please wrote a script that searched the files so her most inflammatory comments could be collected. Digging revealed that she is outspokenly racist and conforms to the usual insane ideologies that define a freeper. The highlights can be seen at the blogs set up by POTUSHead and Tars Tarkas.

People started contacting news organizations with the findings. On March 6th, NBC ran a small piece on her.

On March 11th Occupy Japan, a front page writer totally unrelated to the project, got an email from her campaign manager threatening to press charges for... something?? I'm not sure what exactly but the correspondence is all right here.

At this point word was starting to get out, and on March 22nd she received a letter from the Chairman of the local Republican party John Curry criticizing her campaign and asking that she come back to bosom of the Party.

Over the next few days, a couple blogs ran stories on Pulido's letter from Curry and her comments on Free Republic, including The Capitol Fax Blog, Chicago News Bench, Progress Illinois, and Chitown Daily News. Right Not Wrong revoked their endorsement.

Meanwhile, she's running the radio circuit and doing townhall meetings and the like to increase her publicity, but because of the buzz surrounding her comments, she's now getting asked about it during public appearances, like at an event sponsored by Gay Chicago Magazine.

The blog Imagine2050 contacted Moon Khan, "the first Asian American elected as a Trustee of York Township, DuPage County, and the first Muslim elected in the state of Illinois," who was at the time listed as an endorsement on her website. Since one of her most pungent attacks was anti-Muslim, he spoke to her and she issued an apology statement, which they made available on the Imagine2050 website on March 25th.

Then Metafilter ran a story on her on March 31st. Then Wonkette.

Later that day, a joint coalition of Chicago rights groups held a press conference condeming Pulido's actions.

After her more incendiary comments got more and more coverage, Moon Khan tearfully revoked his endorsement. Shortly afterward Chicago News Bench wrote a letter upset that she had not pulled his name from her endorsements when asked, as she did for Moon Khan.

This is the best part, on April 2nd John Curry pulled his endorsement and told all true Republicans to write in a vote for Abraham Lincoln.

The Chicago Tribune ran an article on her on April 3rd, saying her Democratic opponent Mike Quigley is all but guaranteed to take the election.

Whilst farting I fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nog64
Aug 26, 2007

by XyloJW
Well thank God we know this now she doesn't have a chance.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

the issue isn't whether or not she has a chance, considering the district she doesn't

it's about using this to make the republican party confront having such individuals being chosen to represent them, and what message they're really sending to america by not condoning this behavior

Nog64
Aug 26, 2007

by XyloJW
wait this is the district that elected Rahm Emmanuel wtf

e: yeah OK I thought this was out in like Cairo she never had a chance

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nog64 posted:

Well thank God we know this now she doesn't have a chance.

im willing to bet a lot of people already mailed this to the big blogs/keith oblermannnn

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

The State was not formed in progressive stages; it appears fully armed, a master stroke executed all at once; the primordial Urstaat, the eternal model of everything the State wants to be and desires; the basic formation, on the horizon throughout history.
this is actually an opportunity for lf to do something meaningful (and amusing) in the world simply by posting and emailing

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Best I could find.

Ajaarg
Jul 25, 2000
If I did want a woman (they are literally disgusting) i could always rape them. they are weak and feeble.

Whilst farting I posted:

the issue isn't whether or not she has a chance, considering the district she doesn't

it's about using this to make the republican party confront having such individuals being chosen to represent them, and what message they're really sending to america by not condoning this behavior

US Senator Jim DeMint of south carolina openly says that gays, single mothers and atheists do not belong teaching in public schools. He has said this and has been quoted as saying this repeatedly and unapologetically.

Republicans are douchebags, this is nothing new, bro.

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

The State was not formed in progressive stages; it appears fully armed, a master stroke executed all at once; the primordial Urstaat, the eternal model of everything the State wants to be and desires; the basic formation, on the horizon throughout history.
Put the best together into an image or page and digg the gently caress out of it

Nog64
Aug 26, 2007

by XyloJW
Problem with this is this if media outlets pick it up from this site it will just be "Far-left wing site yells about far-right wing site." Those dti and ironic racist posts do add up.

e: Who am I kidding they're not gonna look.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

i'm not exactly sure if she c/ped it but it doesn't make sense if she did since she c/ped an editorial in the thread's OP and this seems like her reply

jim bag
Jun 5, 2004

it's not completely unprecedented for freepers to be active in or at least associated with national government, Tony Snow for instance was an avid member

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

why is there a primary going on now?

TheElectronicOne
Oct 17, 2007
Are you the fullfiller?

drscience posted:

it's not completely unprecedented for freepers to be active in or at least associated with national government, Tony Snow for instance was an avid member

He was a really nice guy, though. He didn't say anything the least bit stupid on the site

http://www.archive.org/details/TonySnowonFreeRepublic

manley
Dec 18, 2007

anyone have a digg account that gets poo poo to the front page?

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

you also need to keep in mind the timing of all this

yes there are a lot of rear end in a top hat senators and congressman but at a time when the party is flailing between the rush limbaugh followers and whoever the gently caress follows the RNC, by making them defend whether or not to put up a candidate from the rush limbaugh mindset who posts openly among people calling obama "hussein" and whatever the gently caress else freerepublic does this could be highly damaging

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

why is there a primary going on now?

rahm emanuel's district

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Whilst farting I posted:

you also need to keep in mind the timing of all this

yes there are a lot of rear end in a top hat senators and congressman but at a time when the party is flailing between the rush limbaugh followers and whoever the gently caress follows the RNC, by making them defend whether or not to put up a candidate from the rush limbaugh mindset who posts openly among people calling obama "hussein" and whatever the gently caress else freerepublic does this could be highly damaging

anything we do to help limbaugh win will work for us in the long run

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

chicago

politics

man i'm glad i don't live in the 5th district cause there were like 23 candidates and i would have had to actually learn something about all of them to vote

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.
yeah big deal, a dailykos poster won a primary too

his name is barack obama :smug:

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Aliquid posted:

anything we do to help limbaugh win will work for us in the long run

if she gets any kind of attention limbaugh will back her and that's perfect

Bible Patriot
Apr 6, 2005

by Fistgrrl
she did a QA for the tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-090209rosannapulido-story,0,5043303,full.story

and yeah she is super involved in the minutemen

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Here is a summary page if you need extra things to email around: http://www.tarstarkas.net/blog/2009/03/03/wingnut-web-rosanna-pulido-the-freeper-on-the-ballot-edition/

Ronald Dregan
Apr 19, 2008

She seems to have a huge issue with illegal immigration despite living in Chicago which really isn't a border city

MariusMS
Jan 26, 2006

Who's laughing now?
Clapping Larry
If there's a bomb I hope it falls on her too

Foggy
May 17, 2004

lol chicago republican primaries

Foggy
May 17, 2004

wow look who won the libertarian party's presidential nomination

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Ronald Dregan posted:

She seems to have a huge issue with illegal immigration despite living in Chicago which really isn't a border city

she is SUPER loving involved with the minutemen, or at least posts in their defense a whole bunch

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how well will sympathizing with mexicans fly in illinois

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

jesus she worked for jim oberweis

Bible Patriot
Apr 6, 2005

by Fistgrrl
she apparently started the "Illinois Minuteman Project"

Foggy
May 17, 2004

this isn't about "who the republicans want to represent them" because there are nine republicans in il-5 and they're all kidding

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

oberweis is a racist rear end in a top hat who wants IMMIGRANTS OUT but hired illegal immigrants for $3 an hour

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
heh hey remember the time lf got a pizza delivered to joe biden's house? :smug:

jim bag
Jun 5, 2004

due to our current flow of demographics the Republican party is out of power permanently until they soften on some key issues, Immigration possibly being the biggest. It is a Good Thing that she won this primary.

rawstorm
May 10, 2008

by Ozma
it's me. i'm Rush Limbaugh.

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

MariusMS posted:

If there's a bomb I hope it falls on her too

lol she cant win her face too busted

patriarchs high five

Bring Out De Beers!
Nov 19, 2007

havin' fun, gettin' people fucked up
haha her district is 1/4 hispanic

Trellio
Feb 18, 2007

by Ozma

Stymie posted:

heh hey remember the time lf got a pizza delivered to joe biden's house? :smug:

hey remember the time you accurately predicted anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I unironically hope she wins.