Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Happylisk posted:

It's not about ruining her reputation, it's about using her to hurt a specific facet of the GOP. We actually need a functional opposition party, and that won't happen til they begin to purge the crazy out of their system.

why do we need a functional opposition to the right of the democrats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Competition makes you better. We have lots of crappy Democrats coasting along because the Republicans can't run anything against them. We can't take them all down by primaries.

how is any republican better than a crappy democrat? why cant we take them all down by primaries?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Oldbill posted:

Her new chief of staff is pretty dumb. I went to her Facebook group to see if anyone was trolling her and found a bunch of old men patting her on the back, as well as this:

That FreeRepublic link goes to an article confirming that chicagolady is Pulido, so her official chief of staff has now tied her name with all of the posts on FreeRepublic.

Hes linked her to something shes already admitted to in a tv interview? What was he thinking

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Secular Regressive posted:

Not every republican has realized they need to moderate their platform to stay relevant yet :ssh:

Well, most of the republicans in areas where moderating their message would help are currently out of power. A lot of republicans currently in office are from pretty conservative places. Hopefully this leads to the party getting further to the right and going into a death spiral. This is already what a significant proportion of the grassroots is calling for.

Strawman fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 8, 2009

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Duckbag posted:

this is true in the house, but there are still some republicans in the senate from blue states that have to be moderate to stay in power (these are the ones the freepers want lynched)

there are still gains to be made, even if the dems will likely lose seats in the house

Spector, Snowe and Collins could all leave the party if pushed

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

If we're part of the vast left wing conspiracy then where's my cheque from George Soros?

you weren't in on the teamsarah thing?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

schnee posted:

Goddamn it freaks me out how much you know about American politics

i genuinely dont know if this is sarcastic

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Brigadier Sockface posted:

i read that but i don't understand what he's saying

He thinks republicans can't win elections by becoming more moderate. In other words, exactly what we want grassroots republicans to be saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Eegah posted:

so lemme do the math here...only about 10% of those who voted for mccain then voted in this election thought pulido was a bridge too far

lol

this election had much lower turnout though, obviously