Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
With winter looming, I probably picked the worst time to get interested in skating again. When I was a kid, I had a board that ended up getting stolen, but I never learned how to ollie, let alone do anything else. I figured it was because I was an uncoordinated fat nerd at that time, and now I'm a slightly less fat, slightly less uncoordinated nerd who can probably get his feet to cooperate a bit better now. For someone who wants to do some casual street skating, am I just looking for any 50-60 dollar board, or is there something that's a frequent go to for recommendations.

I'm gonna do some research on indoor parks for the winter if I do end up going in on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I wear a 10 and a half shoe, so around 10.75 inches according to some random chart I found online.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That Hall of Meat Instagram makes me realize that I need a helmet once I get past being comfortable pushing and can consistently ollie. There's only like three dudes wearing helmets and a lot of them take some scary head injuries.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I realized on the day before the big snowstorm blew into Chicago that I've been skating with my dominant foot back not forward and have been pushing with my front foot. Switching it around and pushing with my now back foot feels way more natural but now I have to relearn everything from the other side. It wasn't much admittedly, but still.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I put a big crack in my board while I was practicing ollieing. I thought this would be easier now that I'm older. :smith: