Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
If I wanted to get a deck to ride to work and other places what should I get? I don't really want a cruiser, would prefer a normal board so one day I could ollie small dogs curbs etc.

There is a sweet local place just around the corner from me that has heaps of stuff but it's been so long since I skated (14 years or some poo poo) that I have no idea about brands or anything really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Red_Fred posted:

If I wanted to get a deck to ride to work and other places what should I get? I don't really want a cruiser, would prefer a normal board so one day I could ollie small dogs curbs etc.

There is a sweet local place just around the corner from me that has heaps of stuff but it's been so long since I skated (14 years or some poo poo) that I have no idea about brands or anything really.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
My guess is that's it's way easier just to rehash Madden every year and make huge profits rather than try something a bit different. EA is a pretty terrible publisher.

I long for good updated skating, snowboarding and surfing games.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

That was sick. That's like how I play Skate except IRL. :captainpop:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
For cruising to work how tight do I want my trucks? Also how do you stop on a normal board?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Horizontal Tree posted:

Loose, so you can turn. Stop by dragging your rear foot to slow down.

Currently they are super loose (my friend who gave me this board can actually skate) and it feels sketch just to stand on the board. I don't want the speed wobbles!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Someone report this kook please.

Anyway the last two days I've skated to work. Hasnt been faster, have gotten more sweaty but it's so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Every skate video ever inspires me to regret turning 30 and having a day job.

Beware posters, this is your future.