Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
What are the hot new videos?

I've watched Not Another Transworld Video and Real - Since Day One. I think the last time I actively seeked any out was around Fully Flared.

I've seen a few Mystery - Color Theory parts but I can't tell if that's a whole video or what

Speaking of which I enjoyed this quite a bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSRB3nF1Bc&list=FLkH-3n5tjYyLqzhZGK_uSDg&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thanks, I've seen Nothing but the Truth but not this one.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bucket Joneses posted:

Hey let's go skating sometime. Where are you in the town?

Mt Baker Neighborhood. I'm comically bad at tricks these days but I was eyeing the Pacific Science Center park last sunday. It was a perfect day and there was literally no one there. I was actually about to try and goad some of my girlfriends little brothers and cousins into taking a trip there under the guise of adult supervision hahaha.

I enjoy rolling around here and there, will occasionally rock n' roll then tail stall on a miniramp until I lose speed.

I really should just be buying a whole new set up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm a workin' man but I'm going to have the 28th through the 30th off with jack poo poo to do. I was pretty much planning on playing an obscene amount of Trials Evolution because PAX is doing a tournament for it hahahaha.

We'll have to go roll around then.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
This is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFzfzs7WAs

This is a webseries/gameshow/skateboarding thing that I stumbled upon, not sure if it's a big thing or not.

Amateur skaters send in footage of 10 tricks, and the best are selected to play "SHREDIT CARDS!". Basically they add some 8-bit themed graphics to their video and award cash for how cool the tricks are as it goes on, turning the footage into some kind of hilarious videogame complete with COMBO BONUS type stuff. It's hypnotizingly fun. And if you think it's lovely then skip to the middle of the vids and they just let you watch the raw footage of some really nutty amateur skaters.

New episodes every Monday. I wish I had thought of this poo poo, it's not even that much money to be giving away every week.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 16, 2012

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I really like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEOz1WOiK0

And a comment there led me to this which was even more impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j2qUqGbJWM

Edit: And yeah that earns the "WTF Ender" title.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 22, 2012

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

I love watching that guy skate. The year before last the X-Games put their concrete bowl skating pre-lims on demand via the Xbox app and he blew me away at those.

Not sure if anyone cares but the Shredit Cards thing I was posting about a bit back has a new highest score...and it's kind of hard to argue against giving the guy that honor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_700041&feature=iv&src_vid=h1uPL34i-yc&v=QbpT1c0OUVg

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Whalley posted:

I kinda wanna hang up my skateboard after that smith to feeble. Also, that dude lives in the most skateable place in the world apparently; I can't even work out why half the things in his city are built like they are except for skating.

If the youtube comments are correct he's in Guadalajara, Mexico.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I always get super hungry right after a good slam. Like I've been having so much fun for so long I haven't eaten in a while and then BOOM. The pain passes but then I feel like I'm gonna die if I don't get a burrito soon. I blame this and a very early-in-career ankle break for why I suck at everything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Perhaps I should start a chain of First Aid/Replacement Part/Burrito carts to be stationed at various skate parks. "Bailritos"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdjPUFBZggA

This is whats wrong with the youth of today. Too much time becoming great at skateboarding, not enough time playing call of duty.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I hate to repeat myself so often in a slow thread but that Shredit Cards series on youtube loving blows my mind every single week. The latest one ends with the guy doing a no comply down a giant stair set and the rest of his tricks were only nominally less impressive.

Are there any other youtube channels or series like this? Like weekly/monthly contests for amateur video?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That show/series really makes me want to do one, especially seeing as people will send in poo poo that crazy for the chance at less than 200 dollars (in gift certificates no less). I even have a lovely degree in video production but...putting videogame score graphics on people's vids while adding up their cash is such a good gimmick I'm having trouble thinking of anything better or even comparable.

Looking over the old vids there they get 20k views in a week, some of them are pushing 50k and the very first vid has over 100k. I have no idea how money making on youtube works but would something like that break like...100 dollars per vid? It seems like when I visit these I usually have to watch a full 30 second and only occasionally get a "skip after 5 seconds"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Are there any behind the scenes articles or anything about their crane shot intro? Was there some kind of rigging above that whole area or were they driving something?

fake edit: Hi maffew!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wasn't able to watch it the whole way through but that makes the most sense. I just assumed it was a crane because there were a few cranes in Yeah Right.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

maffew buildings posted:

finish that video! marc johnson and guy mariano's parts are Most Sicky

Okay making my way through some more. I think Sean Malto's part was good but it should not have followed Marc Johnson and it should not have had another song from that Justice album.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If you have netflix streaming you should most definitely watch Bones Brigade: An Autobiography as soon as you can. Rodney Mullen and Lance Mountain will make you cry.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They should've replaced him with Kenny Powers, who is like the only person in the past 10 years to make a Lance Mountain reference in a major tv show.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
In other youtube news someone finally broke 200 dollars on the Shredit Cards series

http://youtu.be/v1a_1-YegVk

Hard to argue against it, but you could argue some of the other guys who got close should've got it too. The whole top 5 they link to at the end of the video is just mindblowing. That any of those guys are still amateurs blows my mind.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is there no Snowboarding thread?

I saw what I (a complete idiot with next to zero prior knowledge about snowboarding) thought was a nice board at a 2nd hand shop and I kinda want to know if I should be afraid of it or any of my other gear. My gut says everythings cool but...yeah.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If you could get a decent complete deck for 75 dollars but the graphic was a completely erect penis...would you buy it?

Ethnicity is your choice, portion of balls included.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Zigmidge posted:

You are going to sticker and grind the hell out of the graphic, who cares!

Trying to hide it would be worse. People would wonder if you have issues with penises or bought it while drunk and showing you real feelings and whatnot.

Alright sub question how about if it was your own equipment but now its 50 bucks. Id do it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I found this pretty helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyY4x-tW6g

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Have there been any good video releases since "Pretty Sweet"?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I did really like all the Creature vids I've seen, thaaaaaanks

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Ahhhh, I knew they had a vid coming with a Thrasher soon. I've actually been out of skating for the most part for years but all my girlfriends little cousins are desperate to learn how to ollie so I've been cruising around on their street recently. Landed a few shuv-its, blew some tiny minds...getting my ollie back slowly. It's good times.

I can't wait to go do the Seattle Center park sometime soon.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is that like a...hard flip no comply or something? What the gently caress

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

That reminds me that I needed to watch This.

It's a bunch of weird skate tricks. Like with tiny boards, clown shoes, weird things etc.

quote:

But maybe you should clip your fingernails first because this video is going to leave you scratching your head for a while

Great advice, this video is baffling. Might be one of the best internet vids I've ever seen. The tiny boards and tiny ramps are so agressively WEIRD. It doesn't look real.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Dave Gravette in that creature dvd that comes with thrasher is pretty loving impressive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Get some pads and embrace the dorkness, laugh about it. You're already ahead of the game with a nephew who needs supervising, always nice to have an excuse.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
When I started to see 80's poo poo coming back one of the things I thought was "Oh sweet maybe I could go full pads at the local half-pipe and people will think I'm being ironic" when really I'd just like to learn to get back and forth a few times.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I never landed a real kickflip. I could do shuvits, ollie over/onto stuff and a few other gimmick tricks. A few weeks ago I landed one on a board that didn't have wheels, on grass. Felt proud of myself.

loving kids

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

maffew buildings posted:

yeah you're right it is pretty unacceptable that i read news about skaters who i have enjoyed watching the skating of for many years. time to go get a cruiser board and attend junior college!

It's memorial day weekend, you and that cruiser should be at a hippie festival

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
sick nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmkfdA26Ws

But no for real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imCNj-OzvKQ

youtube commenter posted:

He rips but gently caress HD cameras...

what the

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 21, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That blunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1a_1-YegVk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lets keep things in perspective here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWcXbLKg150

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I like watching the street league format but I'd much rather watch the jam session style competition (do they even do this anymore at the xgames for street?). poo poo I'd rather watch battle at the berrics.

I'm sad Ben Raybourn couldn't put together another good run in the xgames park prelims so I could see more of him there. He had too much of a hard on for that roof drop in. Pedro Barros is loving ridiculous, he looks like he was born in an empty pool. Their whole course there is really weird and small.

Edit: Hey look you can watch it on the youtubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVJBJwziYO8

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 3, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've been saving the finals to watch tomorrow even though I'm pretty sure I was spoiled on the results. I forget who it was now, but whoever that guy is who keeps doing the (probably wrong here) wallplant/disaster that the announcers mention is dangerous as gently caress has giant balls.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Speaking of which...

http://xgames.espn.go.com/events/2013/munich/real/round/1/

Haven't watched them yet but I think I just saw who the winner was and it gave me a biiiig smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS5xuKCxyDA

Fffffffffffffff