Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
I just started boarding for the first time since ... jesus, high school? Picked up a new setup at the local shop, and now I've got a situation: I suck major rear end and am trying to get my trucks tighter so I don't constantly eat poo poo relearning flip tricks. So, I'm curious if it's smarter to just pick up some harder bushings instead of just tightening the poo poo out of the bolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

I'm looking for a particular skate video I saw a long time ago and I can't remember which company put it out, or the name of it. It was a team's trip to Japan, and I want to say that Gonz and Rick Howard were in it but I'm not sure. They had a pretty cool Japanese tour guide dude who ended up partying too hard, or something along those lines. The whole thing was on Google video too but I can't remember the name at all! gently caress! I think the title might've had some Engrish in it also.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

King Crimson posted:

Fourstar Super Champion Funzone
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Sj3cMmDAfypIF2Q
Haha, Howard right out of the loving gate. You're a thug, thank you.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

I imagine you all heard but Koston signed with Nike

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

I would imagine he's still cool with all of the other crailtap brands as well as people. Lakai doesn't seem like the sort of shoe sponsor a sneakerhead would really want to stay with anyways.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Just picked up a pair of the Biebel LK limiteds from Berrics. Apparently there were only 144 pairs made, and maybe they'll help me improve my nose manuals. http://www.theberrics.com/canshowitem.php?item=92

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Really liking Josiah Gatlyn's Recruit edit that just went up on Berrics
http://theberrics.com/dailyopspost.php?postid=1217

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I know Koston and Berra would kill Dyrdek and whatever his crew has.
Quick reference

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Bucket Joneses posted:

Marginal Way is going to be so sick when this poo poo is done. Hello summer.

Also, this new mural is loving Bad rear end:

SKATING
I really need to be able to at least navigate around this park by the end of summer... I loving love Seattle for poo poo like this.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

It's along the waterfront just at the end of the viaduct. Near the part that rises leading toward the exit onto the West Seattle Bridge.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

iRoNgHosT posted:

So my bro had a new video out on the Huf website, and I know you guys liked his stuff before, so here he is, doing more of what I could never do. Then again, his wrists are so hosed he could never play guitar like me. Sibling rivalry at it's best?

http://blog.hufsf.com/?p=1293
Your brother is seriously very, very, very good. Here's hoping he breaks out big.

WHATEVS SISTER fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 22, 2010

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Whoa, rough. Get better soon! (You know you gotta tell the story!)

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Bucket Joneses posted:

Marginal Way, assholes

Peep the conduit and lighting. Just gotta get my own generator now.
Wow, that park has really come a long way. Also kind of surprised how empty Delridge looks in those pictures. Is that the super early morning or something?

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Greenplastic posted:

I got hold of some coin to rent a Red Epic for a few days to shoot my first short skateboarding video!
This was really gorgeous, love the fall leaves+colors in your editing. Sick edit

edit: obviously the skating owns too

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Winston Chill posted:

So I just saw Pretty Sweet and it is the most rad stuff since Fully Flared, especially Alvarez and Johnson had wicked parts. I don't even hate the soundtrack as much as most people seem to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDg9mUGwOLg
I really liked Pretty Sweet. Girl/Girl-related videos aren't always the most envelope pushing skating-wise, but they have so much fun with what they do and it's really infectious.

Still, with that said, I cannot believe how hard the younger guys are going in (Elijah, Cory, Raven - I mean poo poo, Mo and Malto are still young too). I'm fairly sure I could watch a feed of Malto overcrooks 24/7 without complaining at all. The old guys were really solid and the new guys were eye-opening. Good, entertaining movie.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

William Munny posted:

Wait a second, what? Girl/Choco/Lakai riders tend to be the main dudes that make everyone try to copy their tricks/type of skating they're doing, i.e. Kostons tre flip noseblunt in Yeah Right, everyone starts doing them. Fully Flared, everyone starts ledge dancing, etc.
Sorry, I worded that really poorly. They actually do push the envelope considerably. What I was trying to get at: after Girl guys set the bar, I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that those who copy are often "bigger" in terms of scale/danger/some other quantifiers. You're totally right though. Can't deny Girl-family's influence. We also only get a Cool Ty Movie every 4-5 years :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

cadfael posted:

I just cant stop watching this tho, its caught only like he can really. (switch-tres k)
I subconsciously reclined in my chair real far and put my hands on my head when I saw that in the video