Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I think I'm finally going to get out and put a new complete together this year to tool around with when I'm bored. Because I'm a massive dork I'm going to pick up this deck I think, but beyond that does anyone have any recommendations on hardware, or places to shop for stuff online that has good prices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

donJonSwan posted:

Buy local, support your scene!
I'm 27 and don't have a lot of interest/investment in any kind of "local scene", but I know of a couple nice shops. Stores aside, what brands do people recommend for trucks, wheels, etc.?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Sirkus posted:

For a deck, you are paying way too much for what appears to be something a little better than a Walmart board.
Yeah...thats probably true. :smith:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

mix.lunar posted:

I've always ordered stuff out of CCS. http://shop.ccs.com/ plus, if you order all your poo poo there, free shipping right now. (I can guarantee that if you order the hardware they're recommending it'll be free shipping with that code on the front page.)
Yeah, I was checking out their site earlier today. I remember buying my first complete from them when I was much younger out of one of their little mailing catalogs. :)

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Mest0r posted:

For reference, here's Guy Mariano on a Crail Board :v::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvSD7ZX1lx0
Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay3SzxX6kio

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Welp, after minimal discussion and lots of impulsive thoughts, I shot down to a local shop here in Boise ("Prestige" is their name) and picked up this complete, with a shop deck, Indy trucks, Spitfire wheels & bearings. Was home with it for ~10 minutes before it cost my right leg, elbow, and both hands some skin. This thing is going to kick my rear end this summer, but I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, those are Smiths lyrics. The shop owners are 2 dudes in their 30s who dig them and thought it'd be a neat graphic. I enjoy it. :)

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Thats great info, should be added to the OP.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
For me, and I imagine for most people even if you aren't able to swallow it when you're new... ollies are much easier when I have a decent amount of speed to help keep your balance. When you're standing still you tend to wabble back and forth a bit, whereas when you're moving you are forced into that sweet spot. I think. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Taller trucks naturally put your deck further from the ground giving you more room to pop your ollies, at the cost of a higher center of gravity. Lower trucks are, well, the opposite; a more grounded, stable ride, but tougher to pop.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Bucket Joneses posted:

More like "What the gently caress this isn't the future of skateboarding stop talking about it like it is."

Who cares?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
This poo poo is :monocle:
Interactive Tron Skate Ramp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Tenterhooks posted:

New 18 minute Enjoi video! Louie Barletta has a full part: http://youtu.be/H91yWtS_rvU

Great video. @9:42 is hilarious.