Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Getting a bit tired of blisters on the pad of my pushing foot, but this mAde me try going goofy for a bit, and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be! I have always had better balance in regular Stance which in includes martial arts. Should I persist in trying to ride ambidextrous, or are there no real benefits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Riding switch (that's what you would call it when you switch to your weak orientation) makes you better and makes riding regular seem easier. What concerns me is getting blisters on your foot from pushing, given I mostly ride at parks so I don't push for miles. Do you wear shoes and socks? :)

I think my shoes are 1/2 a size too big. Thicker socks work good tho.

With riding switch, I can't emphasize how freaky, difficult and weird it is. But yeah, everything else seems easier in comparison. Is this what loving your dad feels like?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

They also make some seriously placid deck and shirt designs.

I just discovered that I can't push more than a few dozen meters a day. I've rested for days in between but the bit in red just starts caning. I guess I'm cycling to the skate park from now on :-( (edit: both feet!!!)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DEAD MAN'S SHOE fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 8, 2015

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

Born doing kick flips, drat

Was that a reverse Ollie at 1:28 ?

Hurts to think about