Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Boffo Beach Babe!!!
Mar 7, 2003

This Jacket Is Me posted:

it is a political play on expections that takes the form of internet exchanges
It's LF bandwagoning and a poor substitute for actual consideration of racial relations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
there's a joke here about left wing poo poo but i think it might be a lil racist :ohdear:

plus i can just refer to the existence of such a hypothetical joke and somebody will probably wig out

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

why do black people hate gays

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Rakes posted:

It's LF bandwagoning and a poor substitute for actual consideration of racial relations.

code:
President
Mississippi
1,053 Respondents

Vote by Sex and Race

Total		Obama		McCain		Other/No Answer
White Men (29%)	9%		90%		1%

deadlinguo
Nov 17, 2004
when the revolution comes
we already have white knights for capitalism, the military, and christianity

it was only a matter of time until someone showed up to defend the white race

kind of like these other white knights you might have heard about

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

did you vote for obama goatstein

Spicy Mollusc
Apr 8, 2006

deadlinguo posted:

we already have white knights for capitalism, the military, and christianity

it was only a matter of time until someone showed up to defend the white race

kind of like these other white knights you might have heard about

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005

Wesley Button posted:

On average, this group voted right wing. Consequently every member of this group is right wing because I am mentally retarded and my dendrites don't work like a grown ups :barvo:

lol

goatstein posted:

white people like dis
but for real, you explained literally nothing in the OP other than a voting habit of some people that most people already know. you then concluded that somehow the lack of eumelanin->right wing though. there are constructive ways to look at race and then there are child ways that typically involve "_____ people do _____" you are in the dumb child category.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Goatstein posted:

code:
President
Mississippi
1,053 Respondents

Vote by Sex and Race

Total		Obama		McCain		Other/No Answer
White Men (29%)	9%		90%		1%

wow mississippi is the worst

Wesley Button
Nov 9, 2008

by mons al-madeen

Goatstein posted:

noted white male right-wing shithead Wesley Button upset that facts depict white males as right wing shitheads

lol i just think it's funny that you think the minimal turnout in young whites is sufficient evidence to believe that their voting patterns can be extended to their entire race, extrapolating cherrypicked results is one of the methods many fascists used in the early 30s all the way today

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

LivestockSucks posted:

lol

but for real, you explained literally nothing in the OP other than a voting habit of some people that most people already know. you then concluded that somehow the lack of eumelanin->right wing though. there are constructive ways to look at race and then there are child ways that typically involve "_____ people do _____" you are in the dumb child category.

it's not the color of their skin but rather their white culture

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Quickly, everyone, POST!

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005

THS posted:

it's not the color of their skin but rather their white culture

and the voter turnout (100% of all white people ever) indicated that 100% of all white people have this culture. WHITE CULUTER IS THIS DURR

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lf loves a good white guilt thread

Wesley Button
Nov 9, 2008

by mons al-madeen

the black husserl posted:

reactionary against whites

yes, believe it or not all races can have reactionary behavior directed at them, the one commonality being that people who do it are childlike pieces of poo poo

Bolt Action Jackson
Apr 5, 2009
Defending whiteness is deplorable. Stop loving doing it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i really can't believe we have white apologists in lf

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005

Did you know all white people wear sunglasses, hold flashlights and sport guns and grimaces? Well 100% of my sample indicates this, once again, not a racist baby, just givin ya'll a lil truth, but its not their skin color its their (inferior) culture

Boffo Beach Babe!!!
Mar 7, 2003

code:
Forum
Laissez's Fair
660 average browsers

Posts by Goatstein

Total		Good		Bad		
Posts (100%)      0%		100%		

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Wesley Button posted:

lol i just think it's funny that you think the minimal turnout in young whites is sufficient evidence to believe that their voting patterns can be extended to their entire race

shocker! you didn't read the thread. i extrapolated only the specific subgroup of white males 18-29 based on the general rate 18-29s voted plus the fact that white women vote more heavily Dem than white men. as for the whole race:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p1

code:
President
National Exit Poll
17,836 Respondents

Vote by Sex and Race

Total		        Obama		McCain		Other/No Answer
White Men (36%)	        41%		57%		2%
White Women (39%)	46%		53%		1%

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Wesley Button posted:

yes, believe it or not all races can have reactionary behavior directed at them, the one commonality being that people who do it are childlike pieces of poo poo

white americans are more racist by volume than any other color of american

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Goatstein posted:

is Illinois "the South?"

quote:

The southern part of Illinois is geographically, culturally, and economically different from the rest of the state. Settled by migrants from the Upper South, historically it was more affiliated with the southern agricultural economy and rural culture that existed on both sides of the Ohio River.

I am a person who thinks that a river means that people are culturally and intellectually different, I am a big fat dummy.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 7, 2009

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ace of Rakes posted:

code:
Forum
Laissez's Fair
660 average browsers

Posts by Goatstein

Total		Good		Bad		

hur

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005

THS posted:

i really can't believe we have white apologists in lf

"white apologists" okay bro, just go listen to dead prez and knod your head knowingly

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Bolt Action Jackson posted:

Defending whiteness is deplorable. Stop loving doing it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

LivestockSucks posted:

"white apologists" okay bro, just go listen to dead prez and knod your head knowingly

i'm just fuckin with you man, i'm white too :cool:

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005

THS posted:

i'm just fuckin with you man, i'm white too :cool:

never said I was white -- sorry, if you want to live in inactive white guilt world in which you praise and hate other people based on a trait inherited by mere chance go ahead

Spicy Mollusc
Apr 8, 2006

Ace of Rakes posted:

code:
Forum
Laissez's Fair
660 average browsers

Posts by Goatstein

Total		Good		Bad		

goatstein rules

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Peanut President posted:

I am a person who thinks that a river means that people are culturally and intellectually different, I am a big fat dummy.

what? geography influences economics and culture all the time

Wesley Button
Nov 9, 2008

by mons al-madeen

LivestockSucks posted:

Did you know all white people wear sunglasses, hold flashlights and sport guns and grimaces? Well 100% of my sample indicates this, once again, not a racist baby, just givin ya'll a lil truth, but its not their skin color its their (inferior) culture

I'm not racist. That being said, white culture and people are disgusting.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

clicked for the [effort], 5'd for the [retarded].

LivestockSucks
Sep 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC1CUl4XcZc
this is me reading the thread

rogenomics
Apr 15, 2009

by DocEvil
i think there is also an idea here that people know the policies of the people they support and they people they don't in some comprehensive way, and that you can trace one from the other quite neatly. there were large swaths of people that voted for mccain that supported universal health care. also some people that are perceived to be conservatives are just so skeptical about all politicians that they'd probably prefer social programs but believe that their taxes will go nowhere so they oppose tax increases, and they incorrectly believe that those tax increases will hit them hard. beyond that you've got huge numbers of white people that didn't bother voting. what if many of these people are broadly progressive but think it's a waste of time to vote in the south or something?

dm
Jun 5, 2004

There is no alternative.
i just realized that joe the plumber is the white male. it seems obvious now because that's what you're naturally going to end up with when you have conservatives trying to create the "average american"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

white males are the ultimate minority. they're the single lowest represented racial/gender makeup in the world, making up roughly 2.3 percent of the world population.

of course we would vote in larger voters for one of our own; we're assaulted at all corners.

think about the rainbow rising from the ground to strike the cloud. all colors are represented in the rainbow except for which? that's right, white, the color of the cloud being attacked.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

LivestockSucks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC1CUl4XcZc
this is me reading the thread

wanna eat those pizza rolls

Wesley Button
Nov 9, 2008

by mons al-madeen

Goatstein posted:

shocker! you didn't read the thread. i extrapolated only the specific subgroup of white males 18-29 based on the general rate 18-29s voted plus the fact that white women vote more heavily Dem than white men. as for the whole race:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=USP00p1

code:
President
National Exit Poll
17,836 Respondents

Vote by Sex and Race

Total		        Obama		McCain		Other/No Answer
White Men (36%)	        41%		57%		2%
White Women (39%)	46%		53%		1%

Ah so the reason every one of those people voted for the Republican was because of Obama's skin color. That assertion isn't racist at all, as you've provided litanies of evidence to support your statement. Goodjob

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

RBC posted:

what? geography influences economics and culture all the time

Not in the US. Most people on the other side of the river from Kentucky are just kentuckians with different car plates.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Are there any exit polls on how many straight white males who have lived the majority of their lives in rural areas voted for Obama? I want to know how much of a special snowflake I am :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

LivestockSucks posted:

never said I was white -- sorry, if you want to live in inactive white guilt world in which you praise and hate other people based on a trait inherited by mere chance go ahead

are you asian