Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

I looked around for a good copy of the poster of this film to display at the beginning of this review. When I found this image, however, I realized that it fully encapsulated everything one should expect when going to see this film. This is a film that successfully balances between horror and humor, making it a great film to enjoy with a few of your friends (provided you're all okay with seeing sheep disemboweling people).

Not to be confused with the iconic buddy comedy film of the same name, Black Sheep is a horror film about a flock of genetically altered sheep wreaking havoc on a New Zealand farm. Henry Oldfield, sheepophobic after an incident in his youth, heads home to the farm to collect his portion of an inheritance. He soon finds himself running for his life after the sheep are let loose by a cute but misguided environmentalist named Experience. Together, Henry and Experience must battle these mutant sheep and restore order to the farm.

Sound appealing? It is. Heavily borrowing from Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series, the violence is comical, over-the-top and comedic. Men are torn limb from limb, preachers are beheaded, and one villain is taken out by an explosion from ignited sheep farts. This is definitely one to add to your rental list.

4 / 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU