Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Alright. I think I already know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

Ordered some new computer parts, gonna be building a new computer soon. I have a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) lying around that hasn't been used. If I buy the upgrade version of Windows 7 Ultimate, can it be installed in 64-bit instead? My new computer will be capable, I just don't want to completely screw this up.

Second question. My new computer will have two hard drives, one of which is an old one I used with Windows XP. If I install Windows 7, is that drive going to be wiped clean? What options do I have available to me as far backing those files up go? My old computer's motherboard is toast, but the hard drive should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My laptop is having an occasional screen flicker problem after upgrading to 10. It's not something that happens all the time, but every now and then my screen flickers a bunch until I blindly click out of whatever window I have open. Like I said though, it's not a constant thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro, I guess? What advantages does 10 Pro have over the usual? Or, better phrasing: are any extra features worth a turd?