Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008
Installed two days ago, no problems so far. It recognizes most of my software, and I can tell that it is performing better than my old Vista install.

One problem I am facing is the use of my G15 keyboard. I read online that I should be able to use the vista x64 drivers for the drat thing, but so far no luck. Whenever I start the installer it simply states that it cannot be used with this operating system.

Side note: Has anyone tried this with parallels or boot-camp yet? I don't think I would install it, I am just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

The download is going really slow for me, would there be some drawback to using a torrent that I don't see? It's going to be exactly the same as what I get from MS, right?

It's hard to say with a torrent, as it is almost impossible to predict where the file is coming from, or what transfer speed you'll get. I find it hard to believe you are getting lovely speeds from MS, considering I easily got over 2mb+ download. Much faster than most torrents.

Thanks for the advice about compatibility mode, it got my G15 working.

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008
I can change my sound output device now without having to re-open any applications to get it to switch over now. This for some reason makes me very happy.

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008
I can't login to windows 7 at all right now. When I enter my password it hangs at the welcome screen, and no amount of time produces an error. So far I have tried restarting in safe mode (which works) and creating a new Admin account... however that account also freezes at the welcome screen. I have also tried using the repair option on my disk, but it claims nothing is wrong. Turning off all services / startup programs aside from the regular MS ones does nothing too. No new hardware.

What is the next step?

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008

LoKout posted:

Check disk? You can run it from safe mode. It also could be a driver or software problem, though you disabled startup programs.

It was a fairly new install so I decided to reinstall. I'm almost certain it's a software problem, I just don't really know what could have caused it. I used check disk & didn't find anything abnormal either. Bad luck I guess.