Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Karthe posted:

Paint.NET isn't perfect, but it's usable and free so I kinda just stuck it out. I've also tried GIMP, but its three-window UI was just too awkward for me; it's finally getting a single-window mode when 2.8 comes out, though, so I guess I'll wait and give it a try.

I've been waiting for 2.8 for about a year now, I'm sticking with Paint.NET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a good equivalent of omnigraffle on Windows? I've had a look at Dia but its ugly as sin.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Sylink posted:

Can anyone recommend a good multiple desktop/virtual desktop program for Win 7? I was using sysinternals desktops in XP but its kind of flunky in 7 and hasn't been updated.

Multiple desktops are awesome why dont you build it in microsoft :(

Dexpot 1.6 is working great for me

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Is this the software recommendation thread? I'm looking for a simple video editor (preferably free) that I can use to trim and combine video clips. Since my graphics card came with Shadowplay I've been recording a bunch of game videos but I want to edit them down to the relevant parts and reduce the raw filesize. Windows Live Movie Maker is intuitive and does what I want, but it only exports as WMV and all my videos look washed out.