Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

big mean giraffe posted:

Try reading the drat page. If you just want the drivers, click the one by 'display driver only.'

No, there are two separate packages listed there, which is confusing some people. They still have the 5/5 set that was the recent WHQL 8.612 driver combined with the older Catalyst Control Center 9.4. The other set dated 5/15 is the same driver with CCC 9.5. Their web people have been having major brain farts lately and there's no reason for the 5/5 set to still be listed since the new set incorporates a newer control panel and is unified with Vista.

You should maybe try "reading the drat page" - and stop being a cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

fishmech posted:

Uh some people might want to have the older Catalyst Center for bug reasons. I really don't see what's so wrong about that page

There's a separate archive for all older driver packages. ATI has never posted multiple drivers on one page before. It's an oversight on their part and it causes this very type of confusion.

fishmech posted:

other than the fact that you're too lazy to use PNG instead of JPG on a screenshot.

I didn't post the screenshot. I answered the question of the guy who did. Reading is good for you.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

Teenagers posted:

Did I say that Win7 was a broken mess? No. I was asking if anybody else had similar problems to me - undoubtedly there will be others experiencing a slow Win7, and they may have worked out the cause.

No, you aren't the only one, though people seem to want to make you believe that. On my system (Core2Duo e8400, 4GB RAM, P35 motherboard, Radeon 4870) Vista x64 does seem more responsive in many instances - particularly the GUI and OS operations. Certain things in Win7 are noticeably faster and benchmarks look better, but I think Aero animations are timed slower, giving the illusion of sluggishness. That could all change and it may be better optimized by RTM, but I'm just not seeing the huge performance increase some people are raving about.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

Scenter posted:

Has anyone gotten an asus xonar dx soundcard working properly in win 7? I just installed their latest beta win 7 x64 drivers and they basically destroy my computer. Browers, win explorer etc won't open. Running the vista drivers I was using previously with vista produces the same results.

You need to install the driver patch released on 6/16 at Asus' support site. It's actually under the Vista section but you'll need it for Windows 7 as well. This finally fixes the issues with DS3D that were causing apps to hang under Vista. It also fixes the issue under Win7. It wasn't included in the recent beta drivers for some reason.