Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
MMOOZZZZIIEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003

Casao posted:

So Microsoft's response? gently caress Europe, no browsers for ANY of you. I love it. Maybe the EU can shut the gently caress up already, all this does is cripple the OS out of the box.
EU: Don't include IE

Microsoft: Ok

Goons: owned Europe!!!

Why does any mention of Europe actually enforcing its rulings against Microsoft, unlike the DOJ, turn SH/SC posters into retards?

syphon posted:

EDIT: I wonder if they care that OSX comes with Safari, or that most Linux distros come with Firefox (or Konqueror or whatever).
Obviously not, because neither are anywhere near having a monopoly on the OS market.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
The pre-order pricing in the UK will be £50 for Home Premium and £80 (or £100, depending on the source) for Professional. HP is definitely a good deal.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003

Fehler posted:

Does anybody know when the promo upgrades are gonna be available in Europe and what the pricing will be? Would it make sense to just buy a US version right now? Or am I gonna have trouble getting that shipped here then?
Pre-ordering begins on July 16th (£50 for Home, £100 for Pro) and it's the full version, as Microsoft says it can't prepare an upgrade version of 7E by October.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003

c0burn posted:

There are no upgrades in Europe because the EU and Microsoft are a bunch of babies.
Ya. The £50 version of Home Premium available for pre-order on July 15th is the full version.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
Word on the street (i.e. Neowin) is that 7600.16385 has been confirmed as RTM.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

Also, any retailers better than others?
Not for ordering Windows in particular.

quote:

This will be better than any OEM prices we're likely to get?
Probably.

quote:

And I'm guessing only professional comes with office, I won't get Word with Home Premium?
Neither version of 7 comes with any form of Office.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003

scarymonkey posted:

You can't upgrade RC to 7600. It has to be a clean install.
The same trick that worked for upgrading the beta to RC works for upgrading RC to RTM.

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
Does the shitcanning of E mean that keys sold in Europe should be compatible with the existing RTM after all?

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
Has anyone else who has been using 7 since beta not discovered the Win Key + Tab function until now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleepblorp3587
Jun 1, 2003
I ordered Windows 7 from Amazon.co.uk using 1st class post and it has shipped tonight via DHL. I guess Amazon and/or Microsoft don't want the Royal Mail ruining the launch.