Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
News for any European purchasers of Windows 7: retail copies of the OS will not include ANY browser.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/06/windows-7-to-be-shipped-in-europe-sans-internet-explorer.ars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Windows 7 trip report:

My school bookstore started selling 7 Ultimate for only $6.95 this week. I picked up a copy of x64 today, and despite the media being clearly labeled "UPGRADE ONLY" I was able to use the key to activate my months-old RTM install. Hopefully this bodes well for everyone else trying to figure out what they can and can't do with their upgrade licenses.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Kazy posted:

How did you install the RTM? Was it an in-place upgrade or did you do a clean install?

Clean install.