Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I got a question, I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 7 soon, but I have two hard-drives on the computer that are nearly filled. Since it will be a clean install, the files will be moved to "OLD" folder. Does it move the files on the second hard-drive to that folder, or in general leaves them alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm about to install Windows 7 Profession, and while I have Vista x64 Ultimate Edition, I don't see the "clean install" option. All I get are Upgrade and Custom, which the description for custom is just reformat.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to put a graphic card driver on the Virtual XP? I know this isn't what the program was developed for, but I just wanted to try using this mode for running old PC games that barely use any graphic power, but have low resolution but forced full screen mode. But the driver fail before it gets near the end.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do I need this Starlight update to get Window 10? For some reason this update in the important section for Window 8.1 just fails every time I try to download it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finish installing everything to Window 10. But I forgot to backup the PowerDVD software that is used to play blu-rays. What a good free alternative since honestly PowerDVD isn't worth paying more then the free software that was bundled with the bluray driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally got all the issues I was having fixed, but got one minor thing that is very annoying. On Window 8.1, my laptop whenever I unplugged it from the external monitor would keep the windows exactly the same. But now in Window 10 my windows get very tiny when I unplug it. It's not the laptop internal resolution, as it 1920 x 1080 on the laptop and on the external monitor.