Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MA-Horus posted:

Goddammit. The x64 Logitech G15 drivers do NOT install on Windows 7.

EDIT: Well, apparently they do if you run in the compatibility mode! Neato.

Huh? Mine installed perfectly without any compatibility mode. The only problem I'm having with my G15 is the same one I had on Vista, LCDStudio won't launch on boot as there's some paranoia mode in x64 versions that prevents anything "needing" UAC from launching as a startup app and I can't find a workaround like a whitelist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

tasslex posted:

Is there something limiting the resolution of Video Playback in Media Player Classic? DRM perhaps? Everything in Media Player Classic looks like rear end. I can tell it's using the proper codecs that I have manually installed, as Process Explorer shows the filters being loaded.

As others have mentioned, change the renderer. The default just doesn't get along with 7 and gives you the blocky output I'm sure you're seeing. I'm using VMR9 Renderless and it works great on both Beta and RC.

Still loving W7, it's everything that was good about Vista (and even though I'm a Vista hater, I will readily admit it brought a lot of good) with most of the bad filtered out. The majority of the remaining bad is either too small for me to care or just the way it has to be done even if I don't like it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Relambrien posted:

^^^^^^I'll try that if things don't work out here. But I like the secure desktop functionality.

Well for some reason, I went to go check Ventrilo's properties and it was in XP SP2 compatibility mode, instead of Vista. I guess I did something with the "Troubleshoot compatibility" function that changed it. Anyway, that's taken care of now.

As for WoW, it's currently running in XP SP3 compatibility. If I set it to Vista or higher, the game doesn't load correctly. But as per my previous edit, even without compatibility and running as administrator, it still requires a UAC prompt. The difference is that in compatibility mode, the prompt occurs before the launcher appears. Out of compatibility mode, the prompt appears after clicking "Play" on the launcher.

Sounds to me like it was installed in compatibility mode or has messed with permissions by having been run in those modes, now effectively requiring you to use them to access all game content. I know how long it takes to reinstall, but $5 says removing and reinstalling WoW entirely without ever using compatibility mode makes it work properly.